2.6 player patch

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

draffutt
x4

2.6 player patch

Post by draffutt » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 16:25

since it seems i am on a crusade to fix some of the problems with TC myself; i have decided to include what i could fix in reunion as well. i plan on doing a nostalgic run of the x series.

what is included?

1.) i have fixed the scene files that were out of number sequence. the scene files should now match the tship entries (i have verified all m3 to m5's).

2.) i have included some of Gazz's turret fixes from TC and applied them to reunion ships that those fixes would work with. so you should notice an improved in capital ship battles. (i did :wink: ) for those ships i wasn't able to use from Gazz's turret fixes i fixed myself but otherwise all credit goes to Gazz.

3) i have pulled some of the turrets out of the frame of the kha'ak destroyer and carrier and made the front objects rotate with the arms just like i did in TC.

4) some grammar and spelling in the 440001 file

5) i am including 2 versions of this patch. back when kha'ak cluster was created for x2; ego created the cluster with the ability to fight back before breaking (blowing) apart. but for some reason disabled that function before release. maybe they felt they made the game too hard during the x2 era? who knows..... the version labelled cluster enable- allows the clusters to fight back before breaking apart (for a little added challenge) and of course the version labelled clusters disabled is the version currently enabled in the vanilla game.

install:

extract the number 10cat/dat file and put in your game folder. if you already have a cat/dat number 10 you'll need to renumber that file to the next highest position.

Disclaimer:

this "patch" is not compatible with any mod that has made changes to any of the files contained.

feel free to use this "patch" as you see fit.

download:

cluster disabled:

cluster disabled.rar

cluster enabled:

cluster enabled.rar

report any problems you may come across after applying this and i'll take a look at it.

enjoy
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Maddox65

Post by Maddox65 » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 17:03

Thank you for this,

Im still playing reunion until the version 2.00 of TC is released here in ireland.

:)

Gazz
x4

Re: 2.6 player patch

Post by Gazz » Fri, 20. Mar 09, 22:06

draffutt wrote:i have included some of Gazz's turret fixes from TC and applied them to reunion ships that those fixes would work with. so you should notice an improved in capital ship battles. (i did :wink: )
A lot of people noted that in TC 1.4 in a "OMG where have all my cozy safe spots gone" kinda way.
Ships that shoot back! Preposterous! *mutter*
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 00:55

after fixing the stations complex connection nodes for TC i have fixed those nodes for Reunion as well.

just check out the pics on number 77 in the TC forum
link

both links updated above....

enjoy

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Tynaiden
x4

Post by Tynaiden » Fri, 16. Oct 09, 05:54

Just one lil question; does "2.) ... Gazz's turret fixes..." include the Orca? I myself started a seperate install unpacked to tweek the little inconsistencies like a typo here and there and you mention, the tship entries. I'm hoping so. After getting a response on here that basicaly said the old player patch to fix these last little annoyances was dead and there wasnt any interest by Ego or players to clean them up.

If so, then what you've so graciously done makes my main Reunion project almost negated and I can move on to my more ambitious projects.
"The distance between genius and insanity is measured only by success."- 006

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Fri, 16. Oct 09, 16:12

yea it does include gazz fix for the orca :wink:

from time to time i'll review what can/is able to be fixed by me and post it.

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Engine Of Darkness
x3tc

Post by Engine Of Darkness » Mon, 19. Oct 09, 06:04

Holy Mother of god, I just randomly found this while searching for some info (maximum amount of guns per ship).

Today is a lucky day. I hope you keep updating this patch if theres anything to update, that is. :D
The Engine of Darkness is the Black Hole

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 04:59

so is it just those two cluster DL's for the patch or did i miss something? :?

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 14:41

Wizlawz wrote:so is it just those two cluster DL's for the patch or did i miss something? :?
you only need to download one. if you want the clusters to be able to fight back for not. the rest of the fixes are included in both.

Engine Of Darkness wrote:I hope you keep updating this patch if theres anything to update, that is. :D
that is the problem that are plenty of items that could and there are some that need to be fix. :wink:

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”