[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 18:03

where do I get complex construction kit?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 18:25

Any shipyard.

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 18:36

Carlo the Curious wrote:Any shipyard.
thx, my universal best buys didn't list it in the wares at all and I couldn't find the answer in the forums.

spur390

Post by spur390 » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 21:35

What is the best way to align existing stations to their existing complex using offset parameters? I recently downloaded this and my old shabby complexes are looking especially crummy compared to the new ones. Would I have to demolish the station and build a new one to use the offset parameters?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 08:58

I’ve just started to use this and its great, excellent work :)

I don’t tend to use Complexes so I use FCC to finely group stations together.

This is a must have for anyone who has lots of stations, or are a bit OCD and need it all nice and tidy.

On my must have list.

LA

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 22:49

Is this compatible with the recent 2.1 patch for X3 or will I have to re-install it or remove it?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 23:31

zymurg wrote:Is this compatible with the recent 2.1 patch for X3 or will I have to re-install it or remove it?
I'm on 2.1 and it works fine for me. It's mods you need to worry about.

LA

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 06:09

Using the controls I've gotten the hang of moving stations/pieces into their desired place. One simple thing has still eluded me: How is the first piece (usually the CCK) of the complex's location decided?

The manual says to place it at 0,0,0; which is fine, but are these coordinates as they would be in the sector map (0,0,0 would place it at the absolute center of the sector), or is it relative to your position? If so, what part of the ship is used as the reference point when making the determination?

For example: Imagine you're sitting still in your TL (whichever one floats your boat) and 5k to the starboard side and directly below you have an enormous asteroid. Port side is clear, aft is clear but is a heavy (ship) traffic area which would set off collision alarms trying to place the first piece. 10k Directly above you is a huge object (like one of the headquarters building). So where would the station piece actually end up in these conditions? I always think the station should end up in directly in front of me, but never does. The elevation on the y-axis is always the same, but x and z are always a mystery to me.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

spur390

Post by spur390 » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 14:13

None of the above. The 0,0,0 is offset parameters. NOT coordinates in any way. Nor does the position of the TL matter-how did it look that way?

The numbers you enter are the offset from the coordinates you have selected on the sector map with the numpad keys, or an existing station. 1,0,0 can be .3 km away (cattle ranch) from the selected position or 1 km away (roid mine), depending on what you have selected on the sector map (just guessing the distances).

It has nothing to do with any ship unless you have selected the exact position of the ship. If you do that and select 0,0,0 it will give an error saying that a ship is in the way.[/u]

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 03:05

I've got 2 people trying to use FCC with my Extended PHQ mod. Both are finding that the PHQ does not have full capabilities. The common thing with both is that they created the PHQ using FCC.

Both are convinced that FCC is not the issue.

However, as far as I'm aware, a PHQ must be dropped from a TL using the egosoft command in order to achieve full functionality.

The FCC command to create a single station doesnt do this.

Since I cant find anything wrong with my PHQ file, and it works perfectly for everyone else, can someone using FCC please try adding a PHQ using FCC commands and see if it has full functionality or not ? In particular, test reengineering, repairing and scrapping.

Thanks. I'd appreciate some feedback.

Razgriz9
x3

Post by Razgriz9 » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 05:15

Is there any way to delete a Reference Object? I know you create them with the "Rotate Station Z-" Hotkey, so maybe the "Rotate Station Z+" Hotkey to delete the reference point?

Just an idea :)

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 24. Sep 09, 12:21

It was late, I was bleary eyed but I needed a few microchip factories so I installed this, dutifully dropped three TLs worth of stations and complex hubs in a neat little block OOS, then thought how on earth to I connect them... :o

Beyone bleary eyed I switched off, I do hereby promise to read the manual, but I have to say this looks great! :)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Pares
x4

2.5 Patch

Post by Pares » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 11:35

Hello! I just wanted to ask, that is this great mod compatible with the latest (2.5) patch? Because the other station complex mods (like Complex cleaner) are already updated.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 12:03

FCC works fine in X³:TC 2.5 for me. At least when building while I'm InSector. It even works for stations of one of my modifications.

I don't use the functionality for building OutOfSector. There may be stations which aren't contained in the database for OOS building. But even that should be no problem. As far as I remember, the manual describes how you can let the FCC update this database.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Mon, 19. Oct 09, 15:57

Thank you very much for your answer! :)

glorund
x4

Post by glorund » Wed, 21. Oct 09, 16:26

Is someone know how to target station in complex?
I'm usualy use this feature to move my stations and redesign existent complexes.
Looks like in 2.5 path this is impossible.

eltano

Post by eltano » Wed, 21. Oct 09, 17:52

Someone knows if this work with the ATF shipyard Script ??

Thanks

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 14. Nov 09, 15:14

FCC - X³:TC 2.5 Compliance-Update

[ external image ] [ external image ]

This inofficial update is not needed anymore for the FCC in version 4.02. That version of the FCC now includes similar functionallity to cycle through the factories of a complex.

This script adds a station command, with which you can select stations inside a complex as target. Additionally you can set a station directly as a reference for the FCC.
Also the factories of a complex can now be cycled, in alphabetical order, via two hotkeys. Therefore the complex hub has to be targeted first. After that, any complex-factory can be targeted (e.g. via the terminal) to start cycling the factories from there.

As additional feature the "move step"-settings got two more distances: 1m and 10.000m.

Download: Factory Complex Constructor: X³:TC 2.5 Compliance-Update (1.00)

This download only includes the new scripts for the station command and two modified scripts from the FCC. So the FCC must already be installed!
The downloaded .zip-file has to be extracted into the X³:TC-directory. Existing files have to be overwritten.

To uninstall copy the file 'setup.plugin.fcc.sadiablo.xml' from the './scripts.uninstall'-directory into your './scripts'-directory and load your savegame. Save it and exit your game.
Next, delete all script- and language-files with the help of the 'Delete all 'FCC X3TC 2.5 Compliance Update.bat'-file in your './scripts.delete'-directory. Simply open that file and it will automatically delete all script- and language-files of this script.

used PageID:

Used command slot:
- COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_39 (changeable)

Changelog:

1.alpha.00
  • First release.
1.alpha.01
  • The stations can now be selected directly as a target.
1.alpha.02
  • Bug Fix: Stations can't be set as target anymore, if they aren't in the same sector as the player.
  • New: An overview of the stations, incl. coordinates and rotations, can be written into a external logfile.
1.alpha.03
  • Bug Fix: English language file couldn't be loaded. Fixed.
1.beta.01
  • New: Added two hotkeys to cycle through the factories of a complex.
  • Alpha-Phase finished.
1.beta.02
  • Hotkey for "last factory" doesn't target the first alphabetical factory anymore, but the nearest one to the playership, if the complex hub was targeted.
  • Beta-Phase finished.
  • Added a routine for uninstallation
Last edited by Saetan on Sat, 28. Nov 09, 14:10, edited 9 times in total.

Nestan
x3tc

Post by Nestan » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 02:31

for some reason after using this script for several days I have lost the ability to target any factories inside my complex while in sector or OOS. I even destroyed the hub breaking the complex into individal stations and I can't target them. I can still target new stations and NPC stations but I really don't want to rebuild my complex from scratch especially since I don't know if this is just going to happen again. Any ideas?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 17. Nov 09, 12:43

Nestan: That's a bug by X³:TC 2.5 ... I didn't check, but I don't believe that FCC is causing that bug. I think thats got into X³:TC 2.5 with the new complex administration by Egosoft.

If you break up your hub, you have to re-enter the sector to be able to target the stations again. But it works, tested once by myself.

Else you can try my inofficial "update"/extension for the fcc, posted just above, which allows you to target your stations again via the command console of the complex. Not as comfortable like before X³TC 2.5, but it works.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”