X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 has arrived!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toastie
x3tc

X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 has arrived!

Post by Toastie » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 01:28

The X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 update is now available to download. As you have come to expect, this update brings new features, improvements and bugfixes. On top of that, Copy Protection has been removed!

It has now been a year since X3: Terran Conflict went gold and we hope you have enjoyed the ride so far. In 2.5 we have included several improvements to excite moguls and battle-masters alike as Complexes and Marines receive new features to aid in their management. Also, as many of you have experienced, keeping track of a huge fleet of Fighters, Freighters and Marines can be a mind boggling task. That is why we have added new filter and sorting options to the property menu, as well as a whole page dedicated to Marines.

There are many other improvements and fixes in 2.5 which are listed in the change log. Bored Universal Traders no longer stray into Xenon Sectors looking for trouble and the long standing Flak Misfire issue has been addressed by Commonwealth weapon engineers. Older savegames can also expect a nice performance boost as a memory leak has been fixed.

With the Copy Protection removed, DVD users can now play without the DVD and Online Activation users no longer need to worry about how many times they reinstall.

Terran Conflict players who bought their game from Steam are reminded that their Steam client will automatically update the game and that there is no need to download the patch from Egosoft.com.

Click here to be taken to the 2.5 update download page

New Features and Improvements:
  • Removed copy protection
  • New options for marine training, including multiple skills and duration
  • Several boarding aspects improved and corrected
  • Rebalanced boarding Xenon ships
  • Added a new menu for access to factories connected to a complex
  • Production can be toggled for connected factories
  • Show wing orders in the context menu for ships in a wing
  • Improved Defend Station command
  • Added gateless sector option to several flight commands
  • Added more information to the property menu including marines
  • Added option to change the sorting method for ships in the property menu
  • Improved Best Buys/Best Selling Price Locator menu
  • Added "Locate in Sector Map" option to context menus
  • Added laser bay information to ship info menu
  • Added new instructions to script editor and mission director
  • Enabled mods to add news articles to the encyclopedia
Fixes:
  • Disabled use of more than 2GB RAM again due to bugs
  • Renamed Mercenary stations as Rehabilitation Facilities
  • Fixed flak weapons becoming inactive after saving
  • Fixed references to destroyed homebases of wings
  • Fixed Jump and Fly to command for ships and wings
  • Fixed wing jumpdrive energy display
  • Fixed Attack Shields command
  • Fixed Universal Traders flying into hostile territory
  • Fixed issue when launching many marines
  • Fixed missile resupply settings on boarded ships
  • Fixed mission memory leak which led to slow savegames
  • Minor improvements and bugfixes

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:13

:gruebel:

How come this post doesn't mention the A New Home mission? Is that not included in this release?

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:20

No, I'm afraid not. You can find out a little more about why that's the case in the imminent X-Universe News. :)

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:25

I was using the 2.5 RC3 which said the savegame compatibility was going to be guaranteed with future versions. However, after reinstalling X3TC and then putting the official 2.5 patch on, I get dumped on the desktop with a "save game may be corrupt" error message. Since I can go back to the 2.5 RC3 patch and load them up just fine, I'm assuming something changed? I'm not unreasonable; if I have to start over, then that's fine. I'd just like to know for sure. :D

G Morgan
x3

Post by G Morgan » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:31

Just updated via Steam this moment. Seems to work with the Complex Cleaner which is good. I just tripled my Teladianium production and would have been unhappy if an update killed my uber complex 5 seconds after I finished it. Hopefully my UTs will no longer take daring treks into Xenon sectors too.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:32

Hmm...possible save-game corruption? Guess I'll wait and see what the official response is going to be :).

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:39

ncc386 wrote:I was using the 2.5 RC3 which said the savegame compatibility was going to be guaranteed with future versions. However, after reinstalling X3TC and then putting the official 2.5 patch on, I get dumped on the desktop with a "save game may be corrupt" error message. Since I can go back to the 2.5 RC3 patch and load them up just fine, I'm assuming something changed? I'm not unreasonable; if I have to start over, then that's fine. I'd just like to know for sure. :D
Works fine for me - straight from rc3 to 2.5 no issues - Need to look a bit further afield I think. (NOTE I never reinstalled- just patched over the top)

Great to see 2nd hand ships back in and working, and improved! Great work.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Evans3rd
x3

Post by Evans3rd » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:48

Dungeoncrawler wrote:Hmm...possible save-game corruption? Guess I'll wait and see what the official response is going to be :).
Copy the X3TC folder on another drive or into a folder of another name. Then install the update. If it won't let you use your old save then you can delete the new and replace with the saved folder.
Thanks,

Evans3rd

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 02:54

Just played around with the new update, and what can I say - wow!

The new property interface is so smooth it feels like a dream to control. The flak weapons now have visible bullets - at least SSC does and it looks awesome. Didn't save me from an entire sector of angry Xenon though.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:20

Hey, it's nearly the one year anniversary for the release too :wink:
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:24

Wonderful, mega thanks for all the extra effort required to produce this update.
Both to ES and participating community beta-testing members.

Feel significantly happier playing with all those fairly
long-standing "wonder if this'll get fixed" things sorted.

When's 2.6 due out ?......runs away

empiro
x3tc

Post by empiro » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:29

I'm also happy to see that the used ship missions are fixed, although in the meantime I've a couple hundred million credits without them, so they're less appealing to me now :-P. However, I'll still miss the feeling of having a ragtag fleet of trading ships like my first game ;).

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:40

Since there is no A New Home mission, when will the new X Universe news come out?

Also, thanks for getting rid of the copy protection. Since you have use a separate app to get rid of SecuROM after you install games with that DRM on it, do you have to do the same for Tages?
Last edited by AjaxDude on Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
How can one player flying one ship defeat a big gang of pirates?

Good flying, or reinforcements. Lots of reinforcements.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:41

GIDDY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:58

AjaxDude wrote:Since you have use a separate app to get rid of SecuROM after you install games with that DRM on it, do you have to do the same for Tages?
You would have to, yes. I believe that if you download the TAGES install, running the install will give you the option to remove TAGES if it is already installed.

Yapa
x2

Post by Yapa » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:07

Wowwwwww logged into Steam today to see yet another update for X3-TC!!!

Well done guys... I actually have never played X3-TC... I havent even installed it!

I purchased TC on Steam the day it came out and just have not had the time to play it... or even test it :(

I've done over 100+ hours in Reunion and many in X2/XBTF/Xtension.... so one day when I get the time I'll be looking forward to playing TC :)

Good to see Egosoft support the game 1 year after its release... I'll be buying the next (X4??) Egosoft game as soon as its out, even if I dont play it for a year or two :)

Yapa

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:11

I'm confused as to where people are finding a changelog. Will it appear in the file folder after Steam finishes updating?

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:11

Thank you everyone at Egosoft for releasing this patch.
Now I can finally get back to TC.

DazS
x3tc

Post by DazS » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:16

Hi there.

The Steam page has a listing for X3 Gold that includes a TC Soundtrack. I own both games on steam already. Do I have the soundtrack, or do I miss out on that?
Will it be available on the site if not on the Steam page?

(I don't have it installed to see if the patch just puts it in the folder or something)

Thanks!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:21

OOZ662 wrote:I'm confused as to where people are finding a changelog. Will it appear in the file folder after Steam finishes updating?
The changelog was posted in the beta testing forum, as well as in the 'Upcoming 2.5' thread, and yes, I would expect that there would be a changelog in your TC folder after the update.

:EDIT: clarification.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”