To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

total noob question

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Fri, 20. Feb 04, 04:17

great advice, I am going to start over and try it. I have been playing 2 days now and onlyhave about 50K +upgrades for my slow-arse mercury.

ok but one thing... and feel free to mock me...

I have looked through the manual as well as tried over the past 2 days and cant figure how to sell my ()*()&&*^&*(%(_ ships. Where/how do I sell my mercury?

Thanks very very much

TW

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 20. Feb 04, 19:34

First, you can't sell a ship if you are sitting in it. :P

To sell a ship, send it to the nearest shipyard/wharf, which for the Mercury would be Argon Prime. Then trade with the station. Voila! Instant cash :D

Good hunting and good profitsss. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Hairytoes
x2

Post by Hairytoes » Fri, 20. Feb 04, 21:22

Excellent tips guys thank, kinda outta touch with space sims last one i played was elite :)

Anyways one question is it me or do the pirates kick everyones ass :)

Might start attacking those peace loving gonners ;)

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Bump!!!!

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Fri, 20. Feb 04, 23:42

mods, you really should make this sticky. this was the most useful post I have read since buying the game.

DanishEagle
x3tc

Post by DanishEagle » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 19:50

very usefull tip, this deserves a bump to the top of the board where other new players like myself can find it.

DanishEagle

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 21. Feb 04, 19:57

they do, and they show up all over the place. but most of the time you leave them alone they will do the same.

Monkeh
x2

Post by Monkeh » Sun, 22. Feb 04, 14:00

Bump because it's great.

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 00:20

bump. this needs to be sticky

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 00:26

If you want people to find there way here, I suggest you ask Darshu to add a link from his Ultimate Guide thread, or add the information in if it isn't already there.

SoloUK
x2

Post by SoloUK » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 15:25

Great heelp. but how do I sell one of my ships ?

easternblocrobotcowboy
x2

Post by easternblocrobotcowboy » Mon, 23. Feb 04, 20:49

Darshu, if you see this can you add alink into the front page of your ultimate guide? This was very helpful to me when I first started.

TW

Uss_Defiant
x3

Post by Uss_Defiant » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 02:41

SoloUK wrote:Great heelp. but how do I sell one of my ships ?
I'll second this question. Help plz!
Fist post, hopefully one of many... yey!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 24. Feb 04, 03:11

Uss_Defiant wrote:
SoloUK wrote:Great heelp. but how do I sell one of my ships ?
I'll second this question. Help plz!
Fist post, hopefully one of many... yey!
First, welcome to the X-Universe. :D

To sell a ship, first you can't be flying it. This means you need to be in another ship. To transfer to a different ship, it needs to be in the same station as you are. Then press 'x'. It will show the other ship. Press enter and you are now in the other ship.

Next, tell the ship you want to sell to fly to the nearest shipyard/wharf/etc.
While still docked, press 'L' to show landed ships. Highlight your ship and press enter. Then press 'c' for console and '1' for navigation. Then select '2' for dock at station. This pops up the universe map from which you select the sector where the shipyard resides. Once in the sector map, highlight the shipyard on the list and hit enter. Your ship is now on its way.

Once the ship docks with the shipyard, trade with that station and your ship should be at the top of the list. If it has hull damage, your ship will show up twice. The upper listing shows the hull percentage and how much it costs to repair 1%. Don't bother repairing if you're selling. You'll lose money.

The lower listing (or the only one if there's no damage) shows the selling price of your ship. Highlight your ship and use the arrow keys to select it.
Then press enter and Voila!, instant cash. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

AnonyMoose
x2

Post by AnonyMoose » Sat, 28. Feb 04, 04:51

I read somewhere that the Khaak will attack after you get your second factory regardless of whether you do the plot missions.

I also found it was easy to set up an ore mine in either Herron's Nebula or Red Light (I think, there are 2 sectors with 25 yield asteroids in argon space) straight off the bat after selling the shields from the argon express. Then I just left SETA on and went to sleep.

masterkim
x2

Tip / Spoiler

Post by masterkim » Sun, 29. Feb 04, 15:53

This is more like I was expecting to find in the manual, very helpful.

:lol:
Vader is more machine than man twisted & evil.

DiablOs_21
x2

Post by DiablOs_21 » Sun, 29. Feb 04, 23:22

Great stuff, hope this gets sticky.

Just one question though, How do you transfer equipment to yr new ship from yr old? And um...is it not a good idea to keep yr disco as a wing man to guard yr transporter? laugh at me if u want, but im new at this.... :P
Trapped in time.
Surrounded by evil.
Low on gas.

CGrand
x2

Post by CGrand » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 17:44

extra note on selling ships theirs an old X-tension trick that works

If for example you buying an M3 and want to sell you m4, at the SAME TIME, do this

1) fly to a shipyard/warfh and stop just outside the door eject into space, now order you ship to dock

2) now dock with the shipyard youself in the space suit

3) you can now sell your orgionall ship

- just be certain you can afford a new one!
CGrand
Novas caught - 141
Rank - NST Squad Leader

AMG - Mission Expert &
Premier AMG Client

Commander of the Royal Mining Company

I’m writing all the right letters just not, necessarily in the right order – Morcam & wise

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 20:46

DiablOs_21 wrote:Great stuff, hope this gets sticky.

Just one question though, How do you transfer equipment to yr new ship from yr old? And um...is it not a good idea to keep yr disco as a wing man to guard yr transporter? laugh at me if u want, but im new at this.... :P
Easiest way to transfer equipment is to dock both ships at the same station, press 'L' to show landed ships, chose the ship you aren't flying, and bring up its info screen. Then press 'X' to exchange freight and you're given a listing of equipment on both ships. Use the left/right arrow keys to move equipment back and forth and press enter to complete the transfer.

As far as using the disco as a guard, don't bother. It will get blown away by the first enemy it encounters. If you use this quickstart method, you'll soon have enough credits to buy another one if you really want. The disco is really only useful for exploring, deploying satellites and doing BBS missions that require an M5.

DiablOs_21
x2

Miner 69'er

Post by DiablOs_21 » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 21:11

Many thanks!

More questions now :P
I've bought a Boron Mantra using yr great tips, I want to be able to mine roids as a kinda second income....what do I need to equip the Mantra with and where to buy mining tools? All I saw at the equipment dock was mineral scanners.....can you also buy like uh a mining probe that does most of it for you?
Trapped in time.
Surrounded by evil.
Low on gas.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 22:59

The only freighters that can use the Mobile Mining laser are the Paranid Demeter, the Split Caiman and the Teladi Vulture. Sorry. :(

For a complete how-to on mining, see this thread:

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0

Mining is fun and profitable. Good Luck :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”