[TC] Confusion starting a sector trader.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sentry76
x4

Confusion starting a sector trader.

Post by sentry76 » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 00:17

I just bought a Vulture Tanker and Trade Command Software MK 3, but when I tell the ship to start sector trader it just sits where its at. What am I missing. This is also with X3 terran conflict. I read in the faq that this should be all I need so I'm not sure what the problem is.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 01:35

Maybe a little more info could be useful (what sector, what does the ship info say he's doing, what other equipment, etc), but best guess from what you've provided is that there are no useful trades IS...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 01:55

Have you got at least 25mj of shilding and fight command software MK2???

These are both a must for sector and universe traders IIRC.

Also, does your secctor trader have a "homebase" set at all?
If so, has the homebase got enough credits so it can be able to go off trading on its own?

If you havn't got your sector trader assigned to a homebase yet, have you got enough credits left to be able to allow it to go off trading on its own (it uses your funds for this)???

Also, if you have told your sector trader to go and trade in a sector where there is no profit to be made at that time, he will just sit there until something comes available.

Some good places for a sector trader are:
Spoiler
Show
The Wall
Queens Space
Empires Edge
Hope that helps
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 02:05

stavros wrote:Have you got at least 25mj of shilding and fight command software MK2???

These are both a must for sector and universe traders IIRC.
They're not required for either in TC (FAQ).

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 15:01

Then i stand corrected.... :(

But everything else was right.
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

gapper4
x3ap

Re: Confusion starting a sector trader.

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 16:47

sentry76 wrote:I just bought a Vulture Tanker and Trade Command Software MK 3, but when I tell the ship to start sector trader it just sits where its at. What am I missing. This is also with X3 terran conflict. I read in the faq that this should be all I need so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Doesn't look like you're missing anything at all. If you get the "start sector trader" command in your Trade menu, that should pretty much mean that your ship is capable of it. Is your ship "idle" or on "standby" when you give it the command ? If it goes to "standby", it simply means that it hasn't found any profitable goods to trade in the sector yet, and is waiting for the next opportunity. Leave it like this for a bit. If it stays on "standby" for a long time, you may want to change sectors. Some are much better than others for local trading. Try Home of Light, for example.

acephantom903
x3tc

Post by acephantom903 » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 18:02

I don't know if it is just some other good equipment to use, but I equip all of my ST and UT with Best Buy/Sell locators.

You may run into a problem I keep having with one of my TSs and it is that you can't level it up, because it wont buy much cargo. I don't know how to fix this, because I have plenty of money but he just wont buy cargo. I think I may just use him as target practice if he doesn't put real effort.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 19:06

acephantom903 wrote:I don't know if it is just some other good equipment to use, but I equip all of my ST and UT with Best Buy/Sell locators.
That's a total waste of credits--having those locators won't affect the Trade Mk 3 software at all.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 28. Sep 09, 23:45

The only good thing about doing it that way is a spare set, in case you get Ion-Ded and lose them.
-- GD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”