[SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-06-03 X3TC 3.beta.19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 22:38

mpcribeiro wrote:
Killjaeden wrote:
1)transfer the pilot from the cockpit - didn't work
2)look for the fighter on all hangars - the fighter didn't show up
3) transfer new pilot to the cockpit - doesn't work (coz had one pilot already)
4) rename the fighter name (coz still had ATK - NOVA RAIDER WBLABLA) - didn't work the fighter remained "invisible" for the hangars
did you check the homebase?
sometimes it helps to go to the equipment menu select 'not assigned ships' (don't know the naming of english menue points), choose 1 laser and re-equip all ships.

did the fighters have all necessary software (propably lost some one by hulldamage?)
Yeah i did check that as well. The two survive fighters had 100% hull and shields, both with pilots from the lost carrier and of course both with equipts (both were from ATK squadron and were fighting when their carrier was lost). However only one was identifiable on the 2nd carrier after setting the homebase as new carrier.

Anyway it is a bit too late now to test it further coz end-up scrapting the fighter that wasn't being identified by CODEA. Only wonder if exists some underline issue with losing carriers that might have caused this glitch. Cheers

just to add

Just remember that the pilot of that "faulty" fighter couln't be transferred off from the fighter's cockpit as well.
This isn't normal. I will check this.

Regards
Lucike

Hangman111
x3fl

Annoying arrogance

Post by Hangman111 » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 07:27

I use Gazz' compact complex, and love it. A lot of people seem to do. I also love CODEA. However, I am infinitely annoyed that two of the best scripters around both have chosen to ignore the script conflicts. Why don't you do those minor changes, Gazz? Or you, Luicke?

Why do I have to choose between these two excellent scripts, just because neither of you want to change a couple of numbers in less than a dozen lines of script?

Pride? Competition? Arrogance? I don't know why, but I do know that it is annoying and a situation probably not worthy of either of you!

Sincerely
Hangman

@fon

Re: Annoying arrogance

Post by @fon » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 07:57

Hangman111 wrote:I use Gazz' compact complex, and love it. A lot of people seem to do. I also love CODEA. However, I am infinitely annoyed that two of the best scripters around both have chosen to ignore the script conflicts. Why don't you do those minor changes, Gazz? Or you, Luicke?
Because the conflict can be avoided with minor editing

get the 8014-L044.xml out of the .pck by extracting it youself (7zip works)

according to the sticky thread, the CC conflict is on command 725, so replace all instances of 725 in the xml with an unused command slot (for example 729).

then just put your edited .xml into X3's "t" folder, and delete the old 8014.L044.pck from there.

Hangman111
x3fl

Post by Hangman111 » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 18:17

I know it can, but I don't know how. And I don't understand why these guys don't fix this one little "bug" as they fix all other bugs in their scripts? Are they both sitting around waiting for the other guy to do it? It is simply silly!

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 23:23

CODEA is great but there's also a mention of MEFOS which I have downloaded and installed. The requirements are that you need a scientist, engineers and gunners but because the instructions are in German language, how do we go about getting the required personnel for MEFOS to work?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 02:08

DarthVain wrote:CODEA is great but there's also a mention of MEFOS which I have downloaded and installed. The requirements are that you need a scientist, engineers and gunners but because the instructions are in German language, how do we go about getting the required personnel for MEFOS to work?
There was a post about it earlier in the thread, but I'll be damned if I can find it. Basically, (from what I gather) you have two ways of doing so.
1) Dock a ship with a cargo bay and Lieutenant at an (Argon?) Equipment Dock or Military Outpost. There is a random chance they will recruit personnel for you.
2) In the MEFOS command console, there are 8 trade routes. These are ships carrying personnel that fly through the universe. If you have a jump drive installed, hit enter on one of the routes and it will fly you to their destination. Wait there and when they arrive, you will get your personnel. Oh, a blue name means it's full of passengers, red means it's empty.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 04:16

I'm having some trouble with the tender. I have a TS with all the necessary equipment siting off my carrier. I transfered a LT over to the TS, But I can't seem to get the tender working. I've gone through the thread made sure the script and libraries are up to date. What am i doing wrong?
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

chrisrico
x3tc

Post by chrisrico » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 15:14

Did you tell the tender to follow you, then add it to the tender group?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 19. Sep 09, 15:34

Because darkfear seems to be disapeared and there have been no updates in this topic, Lucike asked for someone to care about CODEA in the English section.

I dicided to do this for him and started a new thread: [SCR] CODEA Weapon System [09-09-05 X3TC 3.beta.24]

Please ask any further questions there.

@Moderation
Please close this topic, as there has been a new one started for further administration and update possibility.

Ogerboss
x3tc

Post by Ogerboss » Sat, 19. Sep 09, 17:19

***closed***

on Lucike's request. The link to the new CODEA-topic you'll find in the post above. ;)
[ external image ]
***modified*** und stolz drauf

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”