Supply command software (X3:TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

General Dave
x4

Supply command software (X3:TC)

Post by General Dave » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 12:19

Say I have 50 Solano fighters and I want them to all equip the same as the one I have fitted (engine upgrades/x4pacx4PRG, combat software 1/2 nav 1) is there an option to resupply wing to the same as this one ship ?

I see the option individually but even then I cant get it to work, is supply software only for the supplier and not the supplyee ?
:)

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 14:49

The supply software as well as the transporter device are only needed on the supllier.

There are several ways to equip a fleet with the supply software. AFAIK you can not supply engine/rudder/cargo upgrades.

"Equip ships like" only work for 1 target ship, and needs a template ship. So unless you want to run that command 50 times, i rule it out.

There is a "equip wing like" command, if the suplly ship is part of the wing, but i can not find how it works (if you find out let me know).

So i use the "resupply ship" command, which can supply groups under some conditions. You need to make members of the group follow a leader, and the command must target that leader.
"Resupply ship" work with only one ware at a time, so you will run the command a few times to fully equip your fleet, but this will a lot less than using the other commands.
Right on commander !

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 17:37

Out of the supply command software the only command I use is the "supply ships" command.

I use this when fitting out my fighters for each of my carriers.
What I do is wait till Omnicron Lyrie has the large version of the raider for sale then I'll buy 3 or 4 carriers and then deck them all out with 60 raiders.
The reason I wait is becouse its easier to kit out the fighters this way as I don't have to get shields for them and they also come partcially armed with 4 HEPT's up front.

Next I equip the carrier with a transporter divice and supply command software which I ship in using one of my TL's and buy the required equipment for my carriers using the TL's defence fighters.
Right to rearm all her fighters I first transport the weapons and missiles over to the carrier from my TL ready to be transfered to the fighters.
As the Supply ships command dose not work on docked ships you need to launch all her fighters but keep them in transporter range of the carrier so I just order fighter 1 to move to position close to my carrier then use the broadcast to all docked ships command and order them to follow fighter 1.(this is very important if you want all fighters equiped the same)

Ok now you should have your carrier sitting there with all her fighters
parked outside waiting to be equiped.
Right I equip all my Raiders with an extra 4 PBG's up front a PAC in the rear and 20 wasp missiles so make sure you have sufficiant aboard the carrier to equip all her fighters
ie you'll need 240 PBG's,60 PAC's & 1200 wasps to equip 60 fighters as discribed above.

Ok goto the carriers command menu and select Special/supply ships command then select fighter 1 (The lead ship) then the item you wish to supply, in this case lasers then select the weapon and number you want each ship supplied with so my first would be PBG's 4.
Ok after a short period you should get an incoming message telling you when all the fighters have been equiped with the lasers then rince and repeat till you have all what you require aboard your fighters.

Oh and when equiping fighters remember the raider has 8 weapons slots on her main guns slot so its important you supply these weapons first becouse they will be automatically mounted on the front slots so if you transfer the PAC's before the PBG's then you'll end up with the PAC mounted up front which we don't want so always tranfer the main weapons first then the laser you want mounted in the rear turret last.
and lastly I transfer the 20 missiles.

Only thing to do now is broadcast a dock at command to return all your fighters back to the carrier then comes the hard part. setting up each fighters orders as you can only do this individually :evil:

command menu
Rear turret (Missile Defence).
Missile fire ratio (20%).
Homebase (Carrier).

Advanced/weapons
Rename and Number fighter.
Mount wasp missiles.
Resupply wasps 20.

I did try the "Supply like" command using a profile ship but for some reason the command kept mounting the PAC up front in the main turret instead of the rear turret so I stopped using that. :evil:

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 17:48

Spaceweed Adict wrote: I did try the "Supply like" command using a profile ship but for some reason the command kept mounting the PAC up front in the main turret instead of the rear turret so I stopped using that.
Yes , "equip ship like" will only copy the content of the template, not its configuration (guns mounts, weapons groups, jumpdrive settings, etc).
Right on commander !

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 17:59

wonderful stuff thank you.

Glean
x3tc

Post by Glean » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 18:45

Thanks for typeing that out, helps alot. As for the last steps can you just add them all to wing and use the "set all fighters turrets" command in the wing command. Same with the home base and missle fire rate?

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 20:11

Glean wrote:Thanks for typeing that out, helps alot. As for the last steps can you just add them all to wing and use the "set all fighters turrets" command in the wing command. Same with the home base and missle fire rate?
Hmm thats a good point Glean, hadn't thought of that and seeing I've just bought another 4 carriers I'll give that a go.
Setting up 240 fighters is a long hall so if the wing commands works then cool 8)

Nice one :wink:

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 21:36

How do you get missiles to be resupplied to fighters as they dock ? or does every fighter need the supply command software

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 21:44

General Dave wrote:How do you get missiles to be resupplied to fighters as they dock ? or does every fighter need the supply command software

select the ship and press 'G' which gives you the weapons loadout, scroll down to the missiles sector and set the missile that you want and quantity.... if its a wing do the same but after you have set the type and amount you will see just above the missile sector 'copy to all ships in wing' (something like that anyway), select that.

Note: the ships will only take on the missiles if they are available at the carrier or the equipment dock.

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 21:44

The resupply ships command is there but it doesnt seemt o allow me to send out hurricanes (I have a plex building hurricanes so it is my weapon of choice)

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 21:46

so in that case my carrier needs to be part of each wing in turn to resupply?

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 21:53

Sorted, TYVM

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 18:46

Storm666 wrote: Note: the ships will only take on the missiles if they are available at the carrier or the equipment dock.
If they are available at the moment of docking. If not, and you resupply after, you have to redock the whole lot to make them take notice.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Sun, 4. Oct 09, 20:03

Surely if you changed the wings homebase to the carrier you can save yourself a lot of trouble. Set all the missles and fuel requirements on one ship then select copy to wing default. Then when you select your wing to return to homebase it will automatically re equip your ships. Failing having enough stores there is the option of selecting the distibute evenly amongest wing option.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 5. Oct 09, 16:14

In X3:R the Resupply software in the Bonus pack also allowed for 'Retrieve Deployed Item'. For someone who uses a lot of LT's in X3TC, anyone know how to get that command to work in TC?

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 19. Feb 12, 15:45

i know there is some sort of templated equip system being added to the PHQ in AP (2.0){see the AP survival guide in the stickes under Equiping Ships and Loadouts} where you can save a template for a type of ship and as long as you have all the relevent wares required you could equip as many ships you want.

now i dont know if that could be potentially incorporating the ships upgrades like cargo/rudder/engine (i think it would be unlikly to) but in terms of weapons and so on it could be useful. only reason i bring it up is because some new features were taken back to TC from AP in the last patch, perhaps this could be one of the features that might do that

thundy
x3ap

Post by thundy » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 21:52

Spaceweed Adict wrote:Out of the supply command software the only command I use is the "supply ships" command.

I use this when fitting out my fighters for each of my carriers.
What I do is wait till Omnicron Lyrie has the large version of the raider for sale then I'll buy 3 or 4 carriers and then deck them all out with 60 raiders.
The reason I wait is becouse its easier to kit out the fighters this way as I don't have to get shields for them and they also come partcially armed with 4 HEPT's up front.

Next I equip the carrier with a transporter divice and supply command software which I ship in using one of my TL's and buy the required equipment for my carriers using the TL's defence fighters.
Right to rearm all her fighters I first transport the weapons and missiles over to the carrier from my TL ready to be transfered to the fighters.
As the Supply ships command dose not work on docked ships you need to launch all her fighters but keep them in transporter range of the carrier so I just order fighter 1 to move to position close to my carrier then use the broadcast to all docked ships command and order them to follow fighter 1.(this is very important if you want all fighters equiped the same)

Ok now you should have your carrier sitting there with all her fighters
parked outside waiting to be equiped.
Right I equip all my Raiders with an extra 4 PBG's up front a PAC in the rear and 20 wasp missiles so make sure you have sufficiant aboard the carrier to equip all her fighters
ie you'll need 240 PBG's,60 PAC's & 1200 wasps to equip 60 fighters as discribed above.

Ok goto the carriers command menu and select Special/supply ships command then select fighter 1 (The lead ship) then the item you wish to supply, in this case lasers then select the weapon and number you want each ship supplied with so my first would be PBG's 4.
Ok after a short period you should get an incoming message telling you when all the fighters have been equiped with the lasers then rince and repeat till you have all what you require aboard your fighters.

Oh and when equiping fighters remember the raider has 8 weapons slots on her main guns slot so its important you supply these weapons first becouse they will be automatically mounted on the front slots so if you transfer the PAC's before the PBG's then you'll end up with the PAC mounted up front which we don't want so always tranfer the main weapons first then the laser you want mounted in the rear turret last.
and lastly I transfer the 20 missiles.

Only thing to do now is broadcast a dock at command to return all your fighters back to the carrier then comes the hard part. setting up each fighters orders as you can only do this individually :evil:

command menu
Rear turret (Missile Defence).
Missile fire ratio (20%).
Homebase (Carrier).

Advanced/weapons
Rename and Number fighter.
Mount wasp missiles.
Resupply wasps 20.

I did try the "Supply like" command using a profile ship but for some reason the command kept mounting the PAC up front in the main turret instead of the rear turret so I stopped using that. :evil:
I tried these steps using 10 Medusas and a Mammoth

I put all 10 Medusas into a wing.
Told them to go near my Mammoth - which is not in the wing
I accessed the Mammoth's Command Console - Special / ReSupply chose the wing leader.
I tell it to send 2 HEPTs and I get a message but nothing has happened.

Any ideas?
Hi

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 21:54

And another old thread bites the dust. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”