[SCRIPT] Wing Hotkeys : V1.20 : 09/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 18:36

Ok, this is strange.

I added a vidar and my personal heavy dragon to gold formation. Used the wing hotkeys to give gold formation order to dock at a station. Both the vidar and my dragon then get the order "move in formation" and dock at the mentioned station. Wanted to check if the wing command could use the adv. jumpdrive. apperantly it didnt, as the vidar, which was in a different sector started to manually fly through sectors to get there...

Anyways, the problem is that i am unable to terminate the command. wing hotkey idle doesnt work, if i enter the command console and choose stop command, the command stops, but after 2-3 s both the vidar and the heavy dragon (which i am sitting in btw) start to resume the move in formation command.....So basically, i am stuck, and i can not issue any commands to jet dragon i am sitting in,...........removing the ship from the wing was the only way to resolve it.

It is as if the wing hotkey command takes precedence over every other command ( new inputs aswell), until the wing command is executed.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 21:04

this is nothing to do with the hotkeys.

all the hotkeys do is invoke the standard wing commands.

and yes, the wing commands do this.
you cant order individual ships, as the wing commands will override it.

althou not sure y the idle hotkey isn't work as that should.

another way is to go into the wing command console and set the command to none.

the stop command shortcut from the context menu is sending the command to the ship, not the wing.

an issue that will be resolved in the next game patch, nothing u can do about it right now

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 22:08

Cycrow wrote:this is nothing to do with the hotkeys.

all the hotkeys do is invoke the standard wing commands.

and yes, the wing commands do this.
you cant order individual ships, as the wing commands will override it.

althou not sure y the idle hotkey isn't work as that should.

another way is to go into the wing command console and set the command to none.

the stop command shortcut from the context menu is sending the command to the ship, not the wing.

an issue that will be resolved in the next game patch, nothing u can do about it right now
Ok, thx for reply :)

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 07:26

when i change some of the wing hotkey from Off->On in the plugin mgr
I have these "ReadText0-99" appear in the key-binding extension section.

restart/reload the game doesn't get this solved.

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 13:19

Hi there ...

I use wing-hotkeys frequently (there goes nothing without them *g*) but what I would really need would be a "jumg home"-hotkey for my wing so I get quick rid of my wing at a secure place. :)

Perhaps this should be possible in the next version of wing-hotkeys?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 13:27

kelmen wrote:when i change some of the wing hotkey from Off->On in the plugin mgr

is it always the same hotkeys, and which ones does it happen on ?
it sounds like its using the wrong page id

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 13:28

Reisser wrote:Hi there ...

I use wing-hotkeys frequently (there goes nothing without them *g*) but what I would really need would be a "jumg home"-hotkey for my wing so I get quick rid of my wing at a secure place. :)

Perhaps this should be possible in the next version of wing-hotkeys?
i will be adding more hotkeys eventually, the reason the jump home was missing, was because there is no jump home command currently, so instead i will create my own and add that in.

i've just been busy with other things to get this done yet

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 13:46

Fine - no reason to hurry. When it is done I will translate also the new version and post it in the german forum like the old version. :)

blazin419

Post by blazin419 » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 04:39

Hi Cycrow! Great mod! Could I make a request though?

Although it works with vanilla carriers, I don't think the script recognizes the modded ships that I mostly use. When I press the hotkey "Dock at" and clicks on the sector that my carrier is in, the carrier doesn't show up in the list of ships available. It works when I'm in a fighter and select the carrier and use the hotkey "Dock at my target". So my request is, could you make a separate hotkey for docking at home base? I'm sure that's what most people would use it for and all you would have to do is press one button and all the ships in the wing selected would dock at my carrier. Another issue is when I tell my wing to protect the carrier. All the ships undock nicely but the ships don't attack enemies that aren't firing at the carrier. For example, when the Xenon fighters are attacking the wing and not the carrier, they just sit there and take the fire until they are all dead. So my second request is, could you make another hotkey to "Attack all enemies"? This option attacks enemies that are the closest to the ships, so after all the fighters are dead, I can just tell the wings to pull back.

Sorry for bumping such an old topic. I couldn't help myself!

incarn

Post by incarn » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 04:27

hey Cycrow
I am having an issue with just the Jump To Me command.

All the other commands
Attack My Target, Protect me etc work fine.

I have a single Cutlass with an Adv Jump-Drive in Blue Wing.

I have auto-Jump turned on and it just tries to follow me through the normal jumpgates.
I select the Blue Wing using your hotkeys and command wing to jump to me and the cutlass stop in space with no current command showing
I can manually go into the wing commands and tell it to jump to me and that works fine.
I have the advanced navigation and overrides loaded.
help?

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Tue, 5. Oct 10, 08:28

I am having a bit of trouble as I am not sure if the command worked or not.

It has always irked me there is no "Break off and engage" key. It's just as bad as when you are jumping through a gate, only to have wingmen crash into it and die.

Also, with more then one wing, the keys don't work. I have a wing of m3 (blue), and a wing of m5 (green). I want blue wing to engage, while green wing covers my ship from enemy m5 and missiles.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 06:00

@cycrow

I think I found a small bug/error. With the Dock At... command, it only checks for player owned stations/carriers? I changed the command from var/ship/station/to dock at to var/ship/station and then it shows NPC stations to dock at.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Ositahill

Post by Ositahill » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 19:16

Cycrow wrote:
kelmen wrote:when i change some of the wing hotkey from Off->On in the plugin mgr

is it always the same hotkeys, and which ones does it happen on ?
it sounds like its using the wrong page id
Really great work Cycrow, I found using wings a complete nightmare before this. I am also getting the ReadText0-99, it happens to all the hotkeys whenever you turn it off then back on. Only way to fix to fix it is to save after enabling the hotkey then load the saved game.

Also the different hotkeys in the key-binding extension section were still present even with the script uninstalled, is this normal? Interestingly they were displayed correctly and not with ReadText0-99.

bry4n1
x3tc

Post by bry4n1 » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 20:58

Hello, having hotkeys to control wings is a blast. I'm just wondering if this mod will get anymore updates, or is it at an end?

Hoping theresmore hotkey commands like patrol sector, attack all in sector etc...

Thanks in advance :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 17:26

I do have plans to update it at some point. Althou not just hotkeys. More command. Improved wings etc.

Buy just been playing through a vanilla game for abit. Then ill start imroving the scripts after.

bry4n1
x3tc

Post by bry4n1 » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 21:20

Yay, glad to hear that . 8)

I've only been playing for like 2 days, but the lack of wing management is very noticeable, thanks for the mods and keep up the good work :)

EmoN

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Wed, 8. Feb 12, 15:14

PROBLEM!

Only 4 commands were in the addon controls section, tried turning all off via plugin manager, now they all dissapeared even when i turned them back on. Strange "ReadText0-99" -thingy appeared in the controls list after turning all back on...

Just hoping to get few commands:
- attack all
- attack closest: me/home
- Land home

Runnin Albion Prelude v1.1 & XRM 1.17b. Ship: M7, Wing: M3s and 2 M6s

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 03:39

These commands are just great when I use my headset and voice commands.

When I look in the configuration menu I have all the commands listed and they are all on.

When I look at the interface to set the hotkey 'Attack my target' is missing. This hurts being its perhaps the most important command as a rule.

Like others have begged, some more specific target hotkeys would be great such as fighters/capitals that sort of thing.

So Cycrow if you ever are not busy, I'll wash your car or something if you revisit this script :)

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:59

Looks like there is a conflict between this and Lucike's military personal transport for the attack my enemies hotkey.

Turning OFF the hotkey in Cycros wingcommand menu turned off the hotkey for military transport reports.

I thought I could maybe fix this quick and ugly by renaming the plugin.winghotkeys.attack with plugin.winghotkeys.dock being I dont' use the dock at command but all that did was make the dock command hotkey disappear from the interface menu too :(

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 01:30

Is the author still around? Sent him a pm, no answer... If anyone knows their scripting, im sure updating this to current patch/ap aint that hard.

Sad to see goodies like this left to rust.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”