[Mod] Apricot Merge Mod v2.07 [For TC v3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 17:27

Will this mod work with? PSCO1's Cockpits Module version 1.12. :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 04:36

I have no idea, as I've never been interested in cockpits myself. It depends if there are changes to types files, or if its just models being changed. If its just modelling, then yes. If its type files, then probably not.

Whats the url to the download ?

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 05:16

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 05:58

Sorry, its not compatible as it is.

And making it compatible is probably a great deal of work.

If the author wanted to insert the egosoft ships at the front of his file, and redo all the descriptions to rename his versions of the ships, make sure the models are additional and not overwriting any original ones, then it could be made compatible, with his ships available in the shipyards along side the vanilla ships. It would take new scripts to add all the new ships in though. Looks like a lot of work though.

However, without it, this mod is stand alone only.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 06:13

thanks for the reply. I love cockpits for the immersion factor. :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 06:16

I like the idea of incorporating them into the merge mod as a complete set of modified ships. If you like, suggest the idea to the author.

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 06:21

Any screenshots of the ships in this?
--

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 06:25

No. You could check the original threads of each mod for them though. All except the whitestar are listed in the mods sticky thread.

yospanky
x3ap

Post by yospanky » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 09:03

Great idea. Great minds think alike. I also second the Improved Races AL plugin script from 7ate9tin11. Because of the options to turn on/off the features. Well good-luck bug-hunting!!!! :wink:
Lakers 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 02:23

Has anyone found any problems or issues ?

Or can I assume the mod is worth taking out of beta already ?

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 05:40

Hello again, , I am able to test a little tonight so with out much ado, I will just start giving reports,,
I started by getting the latest version.
Started a new USC Commander start, , (Not sure why i keep choosing this)
I had a few read text errors so Wiped out my Modified folders, Scripts mods "t", etc. Yippie no more Read text errors. Enabled Script editor Saved and reloaded a couple of times,,

Inside in commands I get the normal commands but do not have the C,A,D beam commands listed.
Also they are not listed in Hot key commands...
After running the setup's for each they are in the right places, , I may not have the hot key manager installed anymore though, -Checking on that.

Beam dock however is in normal command slots

Initial Scans have not turned up any extra (apricot) Stations in Elsium of light or legends Home but still Looking, I will edit or post with any more findings hopefully tonight.,.,.

Thanks for your work on all that your doing.

Gridd

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 05:46

The hotkeys, stations and ships in shipyards are not loaded into the game until after the second load.

Only the commands are created on the first load.

You should have received a message telling you to save the game, then load that save. So enable the script editor, save, then load. Before doing anything else at all !

The reason for this is that the game is doing so much work on that first load, that the starts were not being completed on a lot of computers. By deferring the mod creation work until the second load, the initial load goes smoother and doesnt miss anything out. The second load starts the mod creation process, and happens faster as a result. Just wait for a pause in the game, then the Mod started message, and then things should all be where they are supposed to be. Save again at that point.

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 06:05

Ok will Try that too,, I did enable/save/reload first thing but never received a message to save/reload, I am actually on my 4th or fifth reload trying to verify it wasn't loading later,,, Hmmm Going to restart and go in that order,,

Edit: I did get the messages after starting an AMS Mod Start,, Going to try a couple others while I'm at it.

Side Question, Do you know What other files are Loaded when. In other words, What Files can be Edited and Tested, After the Launch Screen, But before Game Start/Save loading, and then What files can be edited and tested Without closing out of the entire game to reload everything again?

If I should ask this in another thread No problem.

Gridd

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 06:15

The messages are very similar to the AMS ones and come at the same times.

Did you delete the Apricot setup scripts before installing the Merge Mod ?

If your not getting the messages, then we need to check your scripts are installed properly.
Side Question, Do you know What other files are Loaded when. In other words, What Files can be Edited and Tested, After the Launch Screen, But before Game Start/Save loading, and then What files can be edited and tested Without closing out of the entire game to reload everything again?
Mods are loaded between the jump off screen and the new/continue etc. screen. Setup scripts are executed as the game loads. Commands have to be reset up every time the game loads, but hotkeys are set up once and stored in the saves.

In this case, you dont need to exit to the menu, you just use shift-L to bring up the load pop up and select a save to load.

Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what your asking.

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 06:50

Ok this run through I loaded 3 different starts, , And got the messages on all three so everything there is loading alright. So Far so Good. I will report back if i find anything else. Thanks.

The question is mostly about how i can save time waiting for the different stages of Files Loading. Like making a change in T-Ships Etc and having to reload everything just to test specific changes. No Problem.

Gridd

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 13:28

Hi, is there a list somewhere explaining, listing the new ships added trough this mod? I guess i am looking for a little bit more information on what the merge mod contains before i install it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 15:17

AMS Mod - Various Argon ships with all the restrictions removed.
Whitestar from Babylon 5.
Normandy from I forget.
Thanatos and Lusca, new ships.
Selection of Battlestar Galactica ships, including the Galactica, Pegasus and Cylon Base ship.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 15. Aug 09, 02:55

Hey Apricot, just thought I'd say that I'm looking forward to this and was wondering if some Stargate Atlantis/SG1 ships were out and if they could be included. Thanks.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 15. Aug 09, 04:30

I havent seen a finished mod for stargate as yet, but would certainly add them if they were about.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 15. Aug 09, 05:42

Yeah would be nice, I miss Atlantis for reunion except the weapons for it never would hit anything for me.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”