X3TC: Help finding Plasma Burst Generator

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nOObonian

X3TC: Help finding Plasma Burst Generator

Post by nOObonian » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:27

I've check some websites and it SHOULD be in Danna's Chance. I've flown all over it and can't find a PBG forge?

Can someone give me coords or point be to a better website than:

http://x3tc.ru/
Last edited by nOObonian on Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:44

Have you also checked LooManckStrat's Legacy and Maelstrom? There is a PBG forge in each though the one in Loo's may get destroyed. I never found the one in Danna's Chance, probably got destroyed before I ever got there.

http://x3tc.ru/ shows the stations that are in each sector BUT that layout is when you first start the game. Remember the universe is always changing and stations get destroyed or removed as the game progresses.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Mon, 3. Aug 09, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

nOObonian

Post by nOObonian » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:47

hmm good point

I'll check those now.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 02:18

Another good place to checkout is the Unknown Sector next door to PTNI HQ that normally has a PBG forge in it. :wink:

nOObonian

Post by nOObonian » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:17

Bah! the whole LooManckStrat's Sector hates me.... :evil:

nOObonian

Post by nOObonian » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:25

The Unknown Sector next door to PTNI HQ hates me too! what do I do now?

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:43

You need better relations with the Pirates.

THe one in Maelstrom will likely be in Hostile Territory, too. Try to find a Non-Hostile Pirate base, and hack into a station.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 15:14

I think the only place I have one left is in Maelstron, near the center of the sector (and that is a large sector). I haven't checked to see if you can build them?
Jeff

nOObonian

Post by nOObonian » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 18:48

Gold Dragon wrote:You need better relations with the Pirates.

THe one in Maelstrom will likely be in Hostile Territory, too. Try to find a Non-Hostile Pirate base, and hack into a station.

hmm... I need to be clear on this. How do I "hack" into a station (or is this a joke?). Can I hack into a red base?

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 19:53

Friendly pirate bases sometimes have a mission offer to hack a nearby station for a certain amount of credits.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 19:54

To hack into stations, you have to find a pirate base. I have done it a few times. If I remember correctly, you look for a friendly pirate base that is only a few sectors away from the place you want to hack. Then you wait for the white exclamation mark, and see if that is offering a hack for you. You pay some credits and they hack it so it turns white. But note, even if it is white, if your rep is bad with the race, they still won't let you dock (happened to me with the Yaki at first). You have to raise up your race rep before they will let you dock. But if your rep is high enough already, they may still let you land.

Another way to turn them from red to white--if they are stations that respawn (I don't know how to tell which ones are), you can get your rep up high with that race, destroy the base, and it will respawn white. I did this with Duke's and some others.
Jeff

nOObonian

Post by nOObonian » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 03:49

How do I get Rep up with Pirates....I mean I know do missions. What are the different factions? Just Yaki and pirate?

I think there is a base or two that is white to me. I'll get a couple of missions and get rep up.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 04:26

nOObonian wrote:How do I get Rep up with Pirates....I mean I know do missions. What are the different factions? Just Yaki and pirate?

I think there is a base or two that is white to me. I'll get a couple of missions and get rep up.
The Yaki seem to be just one faction. The Pirate however seem to be in groups. For example in my game most of the Pirates in the Danna's Chance/LooManckStrat's Legacy area are friendly to me. But if I head out towards Maelstrom/Gaian Star the majority of Pirates are hostile.

s_mak
x3

Post by s_mak » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 08:55

About the original question from the OP, what is a PBG good for. I check the stats, it is not as good as a concussion impulse generator or any of the ion base weapons. Soo how can i put it to the most effective in which circustance. thanks in advance.

vempyr

Post by vempyr » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 10:55

dcampos wrote:Friendly pirate bases sometimes have a mission offer to hack a nearby station for a certain amount of credits.
If you are lucky you can also find the 'Station Hack Mission' in other stations than pirate bases (at least in pirate sectors). I was able to hack the PBG Forge in LooManckStrat's Legacy from an Ore Mine in Mi Ton's Refuge...

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 15:55

s_mak wrote:About the original question from the OP, what is a PBG good for. I check the stats, it is not as good as a concussion impulse generator or any of the ion base weapons. Soo how can i put it to the most effective in which circustance. thanks in advance.
The PBG is an AoE weapon unlike the others. Test one out on a hostile fighter, you might be surprised at how fast they blow up. Or get jumped by 3/4 enemy fighters sporting PBG's and see what happens to you.

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 23:50

s_mak wrote:About the original question from the OP, what is a PBG good for. I check the stats, it is not as good as a concussion impulse generator or any of the ion base weapons. Soo how can i put it to the most effective in which circustance. thanks in advance.
Launches a jet of plasma and then ignites it. Also dubbed as the Giant Flamethrower of Death. Excellent for frying fighters, corvettes and can even worry M1/M7/M8 captains. Not good against M2's, though - you need the heavy guns for that.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”