[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 09:13

v1.11 for X3TC v2.0a out

2.1 version coming soon

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 14:36

@PSCO1: can you tell me what you did to Tships and Components?
i'd like to modify my Ship Rebalance Mod to let this mods work together... :roll:
2. remove the default hud and use the cockpit one only. instead of both currently. ( maybe something I can do myself ).
not that hard. just open gui_master.dds (a texture) with photoshop and blacken the current hud image.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:29

someone else wrote:@PSCO1: can you tell me what you did to Tships and Components?
i'd like to modify my Ship Rebalance Mod to let this mods work together... :roll:
I can partly answer that one, as far as the TShip is concerned at least
some pointers to the cockpit scenes are modified (under model in the T file editor), most notably M7's and M8's which get new cockpit scenes, and a few select ships which get new cockpits

Also a few ship which had their cockpit scenes missing (boreas for instance) are fixed

For the components file you'll have to ask PSC01 directly,

I've been busy today testing the 2.1 version, I just noticed that the kea is still cokpit-less, found the error and reported it to PSC, currently testing all other ships.

It's up to PSC afterwards but if everything goes well it should be out quite soon :)

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 20:21

Wow this is looking great.

Just as an aside I'm really interested in the no-stars mod you're using, where can I find that?

Thanks again for the great work.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 20:42

thx Erilaz
Just as an aside I'm really interested in the no-stars mod you're using, where can I find that?
- it's not a mod .. it's a personal modification :)
- You must remove all .dds containing "objects\environments\nebulae\bluedistance\..stars" etc .. in 01.cat file but i don't remember the list of files u must remove sorry...
- use "DDS converter 2.0" to be sure of not making mistakes
- don't forget to save original .cat of course

Saturn sector
[ external image ]

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 22:19

1.11 for X3TC 2.1 out

Thanks Madtrack :wink:

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 02:17

these are named like ususal cat and dat files (11, 12, etc), so do they just install in the main x3tc folder? i don't so a mod folder anywhere in my tc install.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 04:07

hi, this amazing work man.. very cool looking cockpits.. now what i was wondering, is there a way to make the standard laser/radar/speed/hull/shield and missile icons dissapear..? i think it would add to realism if you have to use the cockpits instruments (since they are there anyway)..?

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 07:28

someone else wrote:
2. remove the default hud and use the cockpit one only. instead of both currently. ( maybe something I can do myself ).
not that hard. just open gui_master.dds (a texture) with photoshop and blacken the current hud image.
Well you can't blacken all - because the displays in cockpits use this texture. So you can blacken everything that isn't needed in the displays.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 09:32

Well you can't blacken all - because the displays in cockpits use this texture. So you can blacken everything that isn't needed in the displays.
I said blacken only the hud image. The rest of icons and blah blah are not hud images.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

lrd99

Post by lrd99 » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 12:16

someone else wrote: i'd like to modify my Ship Rebalance Mod to let this mods work together...
Any news? :)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 12:18

the next version of my mod will be compatible. :D

btw... there will be any Goner Cockpit in the future?

another question... will there be race-specific cockpits in the future?
(the standard ones just tweaked to use race-specific textures would be cool)

cooool Xenon Cockpits... a bit low on buttons and dials though.

and what about removing the big and "ugly" (imho) beams from the Capitals cockpits? :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 17:20

is it not possible to just re-arrange the icons..? (and put them out of sight.. lol)

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 17:41

I believe the lack of dials and all on xenon cockpits is I believe intended (not made for other races to use in fluff), same goes for khaak cockpits

Could you specify what you mean by beams on the capital cockpits ? I'm not sure I understand correctly

I don't speak for the author (I just updated this mod for 2.1) but I can forward your questions to the french forums

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 18:05

for xenon cockpits: Xenons are computers, AIs. they don't need any cockpit to fly a ship... they were Terraformers though, and may have mantained the "emergency control rooms" that Terran put on Terraformers. The cockpit is for humans... and need some "human-specific" features. a machine can do the same thing with a USB port.
Mind me, the Xenon Cockpits are the best cockpits I've ever seen... you get the best visibility around you while still being cool.

khaak cockpits: khaaks are insect-like creatures... but still need a control system... even if alien.. maybe a ball with various dials and buttons in their Khaak colours in the place of that object under the Hud.
Removing the chair would ve another good thing... I've never seen a tired insect. :P

Beams: heh! the two big metallic things that hold up the roof (one on the left and one on the right). they look very ugly imho and I don't think they are really needed. (the french word for them is "poutre" i think)

Can you please ask him if he can use race-specific (and maybe better quality) textures? That is very very important imho, and will make this a very cool mod. (another mod that adds Cockpits, but seems on hold)

If they give permission I can link a Italian Reunion Cockpit mod that ported over the X-tension cockpits... maybe he is interested in that.

Thank you if you can forward it... my french is... crappy at best. :D
Last edited by someone else on Sat, 1. Aug 09, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 19:29

PSCO1 wrote:thx Erilaz
- it's not a mod .. it's a personal modification :)
- You must remove all .dds containing "objects\environments\nebulae\bluedistance\..stars" etc .. in 01.cat file but i don't remember the list of files u must remove sorry...
- use "DDS converter 2.0" to be sure of not making mistakes
- don't forget to save original .cat of course

Saturn sector
[ external image ]
Thanks PSCO1, I've just downloaded doubleshadow's X3 Editor 2 and will give it a try after backup.

The cockpits look really good with 3D vision and with the stars depth 3D rendering issue removed, which I've been searching for ages, the game is going to be a fully immersive 3D experience. You've made just my day, thanks again :)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 17:20

just in case anyone is interested my Ship Rebalance Mod has a optional PSCO1's Cockpits Module to make ALL ships display the cockpit as intended...

I just copy/pasted the files to make them compatible and modified my Tships to fix the stupid ships that have the wrong cockpit entry.

p.s. the Italian X-tension Cockpit to X2 Mod contains some new cockpits that can be reused if you want, just give some credit to Pandamonium, the Italian guy who exported and made them work from X-tension.
download link
original thread (with dead links)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Madtrack
x3tc

Post by Madtrack » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 18:32

someone else wrote:just in case anyone is interested my Ship Rebalance Mod has a optional PSCO1's Cockpits Module to make ALL ships display the cockpit as intended...

I just copy/pasted the files to make them compatible and modified my Tships to fix the stupid ships that have the wrong cockpit entry.

p.s. the Italian X-tension Cockpit to X2 Mod contains some new cockpits that can be reused if you want, just give some credit to Pandamonium, the Italian guy who exported and made them work from X-tension.
download link
original thread (with dead links)
Thanks!

I passed your comments to the author, and he said he was out of material to work with, and he was not experienced enough to create new textures and everything, he created his cockpits using by combining bits of different X2 cockpits

However those X-tension cockpits might be just enough to get him started again :wink:

Thanks also for making your mod compatible, I believe he'll be pleased that his work is appreciated enough for that :)

I'll let you know as soon as I know more

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 20:02

he was not experienced enough to create new textures
I know how he feels... :roll: I never found a way to let the game recognize my textures.
(<cursing on Gmax>)

The other Cockpit mod (Shawn's) changed the name of the used textures to have a cooler result. (they changed the name of the .jpg file, crude but somewhat effective)
he created his cockpits using by combining bits of different X2 cockpits
well... the "new" ones he create look pretty cool. He knows how to modify them. :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

RooksBailey
x3tc

Post by RooksBailey » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 08:03

Wow. This seems awesome. Does this mod affect the game's performance at all?

I am relatively new to X3TC, so I never modded it before. Can I use this mod without needing to restart my current campaign?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”