[SCR] AI Ammo Cheat + DMG Mitigation (v1.08 - 17.12.11)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 02:18

perhaps its a compattibility issue..? i have some scripts installed namely pirate guild, RRF, improved races and some ship command scripts..

EDIT: i reinstalled it and i noticed that i already have a file called !ship.signal.attacked.bigship, mine is 2,26kb and yours is 2,04kb.. also the !ship.signal.attacked, !ship.signal.attacked.ts, !ship.signal.attacked.khaakth files are already in my scripts folder.. again the size is different so i guess its another one too.. i must have gotten them with another script i ve installed.. or they might have been in vanilla game..? im not sure.. i try to never overwrite stuff to keep my game in working order.. but that would mean that i cant use your script.. :s could you perhaps give those files another name..? or is it safe to overwrite them..?

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:32

Hey good stuff Gazz, installed this already. Anything to help the AI.

The Damage Mitigation is interesting, but I won't be using it for now. I may look at your scripts and try to determine how it works for later modification. I personally feel the hull strength on ALL ship should be higher, and this would be a nice way to do it w/o having to increase all ship hulls (and repair expense) or reduce all weapon hull damage values.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:49

Anubitus wrote:EDIT: i reinstalled it and i noticed that i already have a file called !ship.signal.attacked.bigship, mine is 2,26kb and yours is 2,04kb.. also the !ship.signal.attacked, !ship.signal.attacked.ts, !
is it safe to overwrite them..?
Yes but it's even better to backup and then overwrite them. =)

These files have been extended with a functionality that this particular signal doesn't (reliably) have in X3.

Some day the bug that requires this workaround might be fixed. Then the overwriting business would no longer be required.
But until then - you might as well use a script that works with AI ships that *gasp* actually shoot at you!

chaosras wrote:The Damage Mitigation is interesting, but I won't be using it for now. I may look at your scripts and try to determine how it works for later modification. I personally feel the hull strength on ALL ship should be higher, and this would be a nice way to do it w/o having to increase all ship hulls (and repair expense) or reduce all weapon hull damage values.
TBH, it's been more of an experiment. To see if a script can affect "Mod" values that scripts cannot affect. And it worked. =)
And it fixes a lot of design uhh... oddities... without modding the whole game. IMO, M2 should last longer than 15-20 s (!) when being shot at. *shrug*
They are X3's "battleships". They do nothing else. It's ridiculous that their damage-taking qualities are in the same league with carriers which are (in theory) supposed to let their fighters project power while staying out of harm's way.
M2 (and battle-M7 like the Tiger) give up all claims to versatility with the complete lack of hangars. They need to get something juicy for that.

But how does the TC reality look? The Panther is a carbon copy of the Tiger... plus 32 hangars. That's some kind of joke, right?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 01:28

Between the damage mitigation and CMOD3, my capital battles are extremely epic now. :)

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 02:28

thanks, i ve backed them up and replaced them.. now its working perfecly.. :D havent noticed anything besides the awesomeness of your script from changing those files.. thanks again.. :D

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 06:21

Gazz wrote: ...
And it fixes a lot of design uhh... oddities... without modding the whole game. IMO, M2 should last longer than 15-20 s (!) when being shot at. *shrug*
They are X3's "battleships". They do nothing else. It's ridiculous that their damage-taking qualities are in the same league with carriers which are (in theory) supposed to let their fighters project power while staying out of harm's way.
M2 (and battle-M7 like the Tiger) give up all claims to versatility with the complete lack of hangars. They need to get something juicy for that.

But how does the TC reality look? The Panther is a carbon copy of the Tiger... plus 32 hangars. That's some kind of joke, right?
Oh I agree. I've done some ship mods of my own, the Tiger being one of them (less power, hull, 24 hangars)... and reducing all capital weapon damage by 20% in general. The damage mitigation would be a great way to play around with different numbers to find a nice balance w/o having to make a lot of changes.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 00:08

hey hey again mate..

after some (very) intence combat testing i gotta say, this baby works like a charm..! very well done..

thanks again for this lovely script mate.. :D

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 01:37

I agree.

Giving M2 and M7 an extra 100% hull is a very reasonable solution.
Increasing their prices by 50% or so would also make sense.

The hull boost does, however, when combined with MARS and the Goblins further erode the usefulness of fighters in the game. Unless, of course, you take the position that they were too powerful to begin with.

But it's all good stuff, Gazz. Such intelligent experimentation is essential to the further evolution of the game. Please keep your innovations coming!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 04:52

It depends on your position about fighters generally :)

I think they are totally pointless, and dont use them for anything except small transports. I've been playing the game in an M6 or larger since X2.

If the AI didnt destroy wingmen on a whim, it might be different.

chaosras
x3tc

Post by chaosras » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 05:14

Good script, I haven't noticed any significant slowdowns even in large battles. Maybe a little, but its hard to tell, and if its hard to tell its not significant right? :wink:

Took your script and modded it to only affect hull damage (keeping fighters as relevant as they can be). Will be nice to see more big ships limping home w/ hull damage instead of either just destroyed or unscathed.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 15:18

That's not a bad approach, either, and I think that's one of the core features of CMOD.

I won't change this script, though. I wanted to make a Tiger a bit tougher than a Panther (it's really just +600 MJ) and likewise with all M2/M1.
Altering just hull damage isn't gonna do that.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 14:52

would you be able to add support for Tomahawks? Most of the AI in my universe seem to supply them with 2 or 1 or even none ^^

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 18:19

This script doesn't do anything about missiles so there won't be a special case for Tomahawks only.

You could try MARS...

Version 1.06 released.

Due to reports of playerships spawning ammo as well I investigated this script but found no reason why that should happen.
A few bits were reworded to compute faster (by a tiny amount but still...) but there still should be no way for this to work on a playership.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 14:53

I am wondering if implementing different values for OOS combat is possible? And for all ships OOS.

I am asking because I wouldn't mind battles OOS taking a few more seconds, and less instant kills on Big ships.

And comment it out in the script so one can easily change it even if you are a scripting noob ;)

Cheers and thanks for this script Gazz!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 01:07

so, if one wanted to enable the mitigation for stuff with hangars, how would you go about doing that?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 13:29

Locksley wrote:I am wondering if implementing different values for OOS combat is possible? And for all ships OOS.

I am asking because I wouldn't mind battles OOS taking a few more seconds, and less instant kills on Big ships.
The instruction to check IS/OOS is only one line so yeah, you can alter values however you want.
What you cannot fix is the instakill issue.
OOS, almost any M7 can annihilate an M2 in the first split second of combat.
A rare roll of the damage dice, but possible.
And without the ship existing, any scripts (like this) that did run on it are kinda... gone.

Fixing THAT is a pretty hardcore change. I did so in the OOS rebalance script - which is on hold due to OOS combat "being investigated".

Catra wrote:so, if one wanted to enable the mitigation for stuff with hangars, how would you go about doing that?
I would look for where the script checks for the ship having hangars or not and alter that part to my liking.

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:28

Hi, Gazz, Is this script still need in X3TC v3.1?

Sinnerman264

Post by Sinnerman264 » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 15:51

I am not sure how Damage Mitigation part of the package will work with SRM and OOS battle rebalance, so I'd like to disable it. How do I do that? Do I install everything together and then remove it or I don't install it in the first place?

Also, since I am using some other scripts, it modifies, for example, this file: !ship.signal.attacked

Does it mean it's going to conflict?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 12. Sep 11, 04:44

Gazz I was just curious with what lines of code one would need to alter to include ships with hangers. AI player controlled ships and NPC ships have a terrible habit of well you know RUSHING into battle stupidly and getting themselves killed or shot up to hell.

Yes I meant that question to be for damage mitigation.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 12. Sep 11, 11:56

I don't remember offhand. Look for pieces of script where it checks for ship classes. Can't be that many. =)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”