[Script] Nividium Processing Plant by Nividium 07/12/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Script] Nividium Processing Plant by Nividium 07/12/2008

Post by Nividium » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 04:15

Name of Script Package: Paranid Nividium Processing Plant
Version Number: 1.00
Date Released: 07/12/2008
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v1.21+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download: Download removed. Script is Dead !

Description:

This script package allows you to buy a Nividium Processing Plant from the Paranid race's Shipyard. You buy it just as you would any other station using your own TL or by hiring one and having them dock at the Shipyard. You need to have a high rep to be able to buy this Plant. For X3TC Egosoft has made all non buyable stations produce Delaxian Wheat, so this script needs up to 1 minute to retrofit the station back into a Nividium Processing Plant. You must wait this time especially if you are going to add the station to a complex otherwise you will have a Wheat Farm instead of a Nividium Plant.

Features:

- Refines Nividium from Ore, so, the cheaper you can get ore the better.
- Combine it with an Ore mine to form a complex.
- Combine it with an Ore mine and more Processing Plants to form a super Nividium complex.
- A Nividium Processing Plant will produce 1 Nividium every 31 game minutes.
- Does not require Energy Cells or any other resource materials other than Ore.

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. There is an uninstall script to remove the Plants from Paranid Shipyards. However, whatever Plants you have already bought and placed into space will remain there. No removals, no refunds.

Version History:
Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: none

Text File Used: none
Last edited by Nividium on Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:10, edited 2 times in total.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 05:58

Nice!

get a 404 on it right now tho

fredmxm354
x4

Post by fredmxm354 » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 12:46

Ditto on the 404,

Shame, I was planning on setting up a few Nvidium complexes for the Paranid to clean out ;)

beaster
x3tc

Post by beaster » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 14:06

its there now :D

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 18:35

I was looking for a nividium mine to help me with the HUB plot and i saw this script.

No offence but....this is completely useless.

Produces 1 nividium every 31 minutes? With a total of 8 maximum storage? First of all, it will take you 2 REAL LIFE years to complete the 500 nividium requirement for the hub. And second, you cant use it to make profit since a single nividium costs 16.000 credits. Youre better off trading E-Cels in a fighter rather than using this mine.

Does anyone know any other scripts that helps you mine nividium?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 19:04

2 real time years? Sorry, 31m x 500 doesn't equal 2 years...
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

CNiall

Post by CNiall » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 19:12

It'd be about 10.7 days, if I've crunched the numbers correctly. Pretty far off two years.

janu03

Nividium Processing Plant by Nividium 07/12/2008

Post by janu03 » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 19:53

Using the Terracorp Nividium transport contracts, they go to three known Nividium processing plants. Using Julian's grant, they are able to get into Paranid .

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 21:01

bounty_hunter66 wrote:I was looking for a nividium mine to help me with the HUB plot and i saw this script.

No offence but....this is completely useless.

Produces 1 nividium every 31 minutes? With a total of 8 maximum storage? First of all, it will take you 2 REAL LIFE years to complete the 500 nividium requirement for the hub. And second, you cant use it to make profit since a single nividium costs 16.000 credits. Youre better off trading E-Cels in a fighter rather than using this mine.

Does anyone know any other scripts that helps you mine nividium?
The cost you point out of 16,000 is based upon a per unit cost of Ore being set at 125 cr. I do advise that you source your per unit cost of Ore as close to 50 cr as possible, which would give you a net profit of 9,328 cr per unit. So, it is up to you to source your Ore with some common sense in mind. Maybe even complex one or more Nividium Processing Plants to an Ore Mine to ensure a good source cost. Also, it is foolish to site the processing power of one single plant towards the goals set out in the silly Hub requirements. You might as well also complain about how long it is going to take you to fullfil the Hub's Ore requirements while using a single Ore Mine to try and complete the mission. It would take 10.7 days for 1 NPP to fullfil the Hub Nividium requirement, not 2 years. Then, if you have 2 or 4 NPP, you can cut that down to 1/4 the time (2.675 days). Calling my script "completely useless", is an insult.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 08:17

Im sorry i ofended you.

But when i build the procesing plant it had a 0/8 capacity. Only 8 nividium capacity per station. Is that normal?

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 09:30

Yes, 8 capacity is set out by the X3 game, not me, I never touched that, the game dictates the capacity for Nividium. You could complex them up to increase the total capacity or have a freighter docked to unload the Nividium onto the docked ship every now and then. You might also want to go a dif route altogether and do some personal manual mining of Nividium debris. This will go much faster. You can use my "sector scanner" script to find Nividium rock debris, then it will also place a Nav Beacon with the name "Nividium yield X" right in the middle of a Nividium rock debris field. Then manually break the rocks down into smaller collectible sized rocks for collection with a freighter. Ellena's Fortune has lots of Nividium debris fields, Kindoms End as a few and Seizwell has one or two (I am sure there are many other sectors with Nividium rock debris fields in them too). You could also break a large Asteriod down into big rock debris and then manually break them down into collectible sized rocks too.

X1000

Post by X1000 » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 06:46

CNiall wrote:It'd be about 10.7 days, if I've crunched the numbers correctly. Pretty far off two years.
10.7 days on 1000X Seta... Day and a half?

Electric-Shadow
x3tc

Post by Electric-Shadow » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 11:55

If you can find the right file to edit would it be possible to change the limit? and I agree there was no need to be rude about the script just because you didnt think of all the variables imo ;)

maxrsp

Post by maxrsp » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 21:34

I asked a similar question regarding amounts of certain wares some time ago and it does appear mod-able according to Saint Ashley:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225936

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Fri, 4. Sep 09, 20:03

In working on the Hub I decided to add a few more factories to my huge complex to make things go a bit faster. I dropped 10 Nividium factories into the sector and used the Complex Cleaner to crunch all the other factories I added and none of the Nividium factories compacted; since the factory itself seems to be stubborn to work with I just arranged them in a snake shape above the monolith blocks.

Whether this behavior is a bug or a limitation of the nature of the factory I've got no idea. Long as the factory works I'm happy, just wanted to lyk of the possible incompatibility between the 2 mods.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

Post by Fraggle Rock » Mon, 7. Sep 09, 13:36

Does anyone know how much ore one of these factories consumes per hour, so I can work out how many to fit into a complex?

It looks like a very nice idea to help with that part of the Hub mission :)

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 03:42

I've noticed that this script will run quite a few Global Scripts in a game, even if there are no Nividium factories placed in the universe. Are these scripts serving a purpose by running? At last count, I had around 2 dozen of them when I looked at the Script Editor.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 17:24

The globals are what I suspect Nividium is using to correct the factories.

Hey, Nividium, FYI, you can overwrite the !station.idle command, which is basically this as vanilla:

Code: Select all

while [TRUE]
= wait 999999
end

return null
And use that to set up a factory. Avoids pesky globals.

Also, what's with all the non-registered dudes harshing on Nividium's mellow? This is the second thread I've seen where his scripts have taken a liberal beating.

Keep up the good work, 'Vid.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 20:38

Azalyn wrote:In working on the Hub I decided to add a few more factories to my huge complex to make things go a bit faster. I dropped 10 Nividium factories into the sector and used the Complex Cleaner to crunch all the other factories I added and none of the Nividium factories compacted; since the factory itself seems to be stubborn to work with I just arranged them in a snake shape above the monolith blocks.

Whether this behavior is a bug or a limitation of the nature of the factory I've got no idea. Long as the factory works I'm happy, just wanted to lyk of the possible incompatibility between the 2 mods.
I believe the problem with crunching the Nividium Processing plant is that it is a scripted Fab, not a Modded one.

IOW since it doesn't appear in TFactories there's nothing for Complex Cleaner to base a module on.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 03:01

From a non scripter, is there any chance of this script being made compatible with CC?
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”