[Mod]Engine Colours + particle trails[v1.21] [New images] [27/12 3.0 compatible]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 01:15

Cool thanks :)

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 03:42

First non beta released. Check front page for changes. Pack B will be added soon, I am open to any other color combinations.

Report any problems you find so i can fix them.

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 00:06

wow. The mod is great.

But i just recognised some "bugs". Well it's not a bug, it's just looks not so good.
Most of the ships have just one engine right in the back-center. So with this mod, there's just one particle emmiter activated an it looks fine. (That's the entry in the tships...)
But some of the ships look a bit unproper. I shot a few images to show what i mean...

[ external image ]

The hawk ('Raider' i think?) has got 4 small engines placed in a rhombus. (Here are just 3 engines and the engine effects are missing, i dont't know why, the image has been shot from a simple Teladi Hawk...) But the particle emmiter creates the engine trail just in the center of the ship. A better example is the paranid M5 with it's huge engine section. Just one trail out of NO engine. The Eclipse is a good example too.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Lot of other ships have the right alignment and number of engine trails (like the khaak-ships)

Now my question: Is it possible to edit all the ship-scene-files to add more particle emmiters to such ships? (or doing something else that results the same?)

I'm sure, when this mod reaches gold status, it'll be added in the Superbox. The trails look great, the effects look good (finally the same colour effects like X-BTF, X-T and X²), the Idea is great ;)

Sorry for my possibly bad english, i'm not from an english speaking country ;)
Was nich geht, geht nich... oder doch??

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 00:55

Thanks for the feedback. My plan is to add more particle trails to ships that have spaced out engines. (where one emitter doesn't look right).But i don't have the time to check every ship so peoples feedback is helpful.

I take a look at why the hawk is missing the engine effect.

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 19:53

hmm ok, then let's go to work ;)

I just managed to "repair" the eclipse's engine, take a loot at the result:

[ external image ]

Maybe I'll make a list of ships that look not that good and add them the engine trails, when you agree...

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 20:38

Looks good. If you could make a list that would be very helpful.

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 21:24

Now I also know why thw hawk in my first post doesn't have the effects.. I took the picture without "reloading" the sector-items (I forgot to jump out, jum in)

I had several "Problems" with the Pegasus untill I found out that I have to jump out (or cheat a new ship...). Every time I loaded my savegame, the Pegasus was totaly wrong placed (the body was random turned to it's flight-direction)

Here is an image from the modified Pegasus:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I'll also start the list here with this post:

Argon
- Eclipse (done) - I just recognised I crashed the cockpit positions. I'll fix'em tomorrow.
- Elite (done)
- Eurus (done)
- Solano (done)
- Venti (done)

Boron
- most checked and ok

Teladi
- Hawk (Sentinel, Raider, Freighter, Defender, Prototype)

Paranid
- Perikles (All types); (Standard done) I just recognised I crashed the cockpit positions. I'll fix'em tomorrow.

Split
-

Other
-
Last edited by Hansi on Tue, 28. Jul 09, 13:11, edited 3 times in total.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 23:55

Can you upload the ships you have done, save me some work.

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 11:41

Sure, I will upload them, when I've done them...

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 14:56

Ok thanks. :D

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 18:15

Hmm, I've got an idea: Is it possible (and if it is, how can I realize that, maybe a little tutorial ;)) to 'scale the emitter down', so that the engine trail is not that big?
A lot of ships have very detailed engine sections and with this mod these details are getting lost.

If you could tell me how to scale the emitted engine trail down to a thinner level, I could try to remain the details with a lot more smaller engine trails... It would be a lot of work, but it would be a better mod :D

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 19:18

A lot of ships have very detailed engine sections and with this mod these details are getting lost.
Only if the engine is working... can you see the internal details of a rocket engine after it is ignited? No.

I think they are cooler big as they are.

A thing that will make this stand before any other trail mod is adding trail or at least a decent engine glow to capitals and to smaller ships (TS and TP and M6) that haven't them.

it wil just require a simple addition to all scene files... :roll:
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 19:22

@ Hansi :: I will carry on tweaking the trails through the life time of the mod. But at the moment i prefer the slightly bigger effects. That may chance.

@ Someone else :: I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I would like to add engine effects to every ship in the game, but its just finding the time to do it.

Once my house is all sorted i will hopefully have that time.

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 19:36

Ok... I just wanted to find out if TC looks good with this kind of modification. Maybe someone can give me anyway a hint how to reduce the size of the engine trails...

I'll finish the ship list and the corrections tomorrow...

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 19:39

Ill create a tests trail to find out. I will be creating a variety of trails/colors once i am finished with any tweaks to ship scene files ect.

Thanks for the help Hansi :wink:

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 16:06

just that you need to modify scene files... why don't use fixed ones?

Carrack that has its fulcrum in the right place link
Xenon K with underside turrets fixed link

(no changes needed to Tships to use them)

and... just a thought... the trails are a bit too short imho... is it possible to make them longer?
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 16:10

Its very easy to increase the length of the trails, any particular trails in mind or all of them?

Are those scene files that have fixed Egosoft bugs ?

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:07

My files are all 2.1 (and some scripts/mods, but the scene-files are from original vanilla. Ok... Now I've modified some of the ships (LINK) AND I've searched for "errors" on all ingame ships.

I made a large list, it's a lot of work to fix that all... I write down witch ships HAVE an engine trail AND effects. All unlisted ships don't have any engine effect or trail.

=== M1 ===

None. The Aran doesn't have any engines, but is capable of moving around...

=== M2 ===

None.

=== TL ===

None.

=== M7/M7M ===

None.

=== M6 ===

- Vali (complete)
- Vidar (Trails missing)
- Hyperion (maybe the trails in the middle-engine are missing. There are just the 4 outer engines, but I don't know if you managed this like that.)
- Heavy Hydra (Trails missing)
- Springblossom (maybe theese trails are a bit small for an M6, they are a little bit to high. I will fix'em)
- Military Transporter (The cool Goner/Saya ship from X³-Reunion, witch was destroyed by a disruptor *lol*) (Only Trails, no effect)
- P (Trails missing - I guess the Xenon won't get Trails...)
- PX (same like P)

=== M8 ===

- Auster (Trails incomplete)
- Claymore (Trails missing)
- Gladiator (Trails incomplete)
- Hades (Trails missing)
- Marlin (Trails incomplete)
- Peregrine (Trails missing)
- Viper (Trails missing)

=== M3/M4/M5 ===

- Most of them are correct. There are some buggy ships, but when you agree I'll fix and upload them.

=== TS ===

None of the TS ships has trails.
The Baldric Miner has'nt got any effects.
I think the Mistral (normal) could have an adittional engine effect in the middle. Are that engines or "other scene"?

=== TP ===

- Boron Angel (complete)
- All others have got engine effects but no trails.

==============================

I recognized a lot of terran ships have HUGE engine trails. (Here it is the aldrin spitfire)

[ external image ]

I think they are a bit too long^^ Maybe you can cut them of there and add them to the Carack ;)
The Yaki ships engine-emitter-effects are wrong in the Tships. The emitter is set to 1 (that's the black smoke...)
For tests, I have switched them to 5 (Paranid-colouring).
Last edited by Hansi on Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:14

M6/7/8/2/1 have not yet been done.

I am currently working on the Terran effects at the moment, giving them the correct effect.

The link you posted dose not seem to work.

If you don't mind uploading any fixed ships you have at the moment so i can take a look that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Hansi
x4

Post by Hansi » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 17:21

-.- Now I remember why I hate rapidshare... Link edited. Theese are all I have.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”