[SCRIPT] Sensor Suite Information Centre [v.11 BETA]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Galluskek
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Sensor Suite Information Centre [v.11 BETA]

Post by Galluskek » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 07:05

Sensor Suite Information Centre
An Overview Of Your Dominion!
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Goal:
To provide up to the second information on the universe in an easy to read format, and to do it while providing only the information that you could find yourself through more painstaking research. This is NOT to be a cheat script and should be suitable for even a first time player.

Components (and a description of each):
Enemy Monitor: Retrieves the disposition of the ships inside your sensors range at activation and breaks down enemies by ship type... BUT WAIT: there's more! Can give you a sector by sector breakdown of enemy forces. Can provide an instant (color-coded, ASCII) map to give you a visual indication of where you are needed most. Also, takes special note of systems with fixed assets (stations). A prominent message will be displayed on activation of the monitor if enemies are detected near your stations. You can then access a special sector breakdown that only shows sectors under threat that have fixed assets.

NPCare(tm): Does GOD hate you? Keep him from destroying your neighbors by keeping them capable of producing goods. It checks for stations with too few materials to complete their next production cycle. This utility checks for "distress calls" from stations (that you have discovered) in sectors you have assets in. This does not require any special software because it does nothing that you couldn't do without it (except it does it incalculably faster). Search filters permit you to narrow results down by distance (in jumps) from a sector, by ware, or a combination of the two. *Profits earned by taking advantage of station owners in need is purely incidental.

SectorView: A fun tool for the analysis of sector traffic and production. It gives you a quick overview of conditions in the target sector, including: Traffic, Hazard Advisories (enemies), Station Listing, Sector Production and Consumption, as well as providing a fast means to scout out routes through our innovative "LUMINOX" technology, which allows you to switch the focus to another sector in a single click!

Abandoned Ships Locator: Evidently "Locator" isn't a word, but that won't stop us! This finds all ships that had pilots bail from them mid-flight. It can narrow the search based on class if you'd like. It ONLY gets ships inside the range of your scanners. Best used in conjunction with some sort of bailing script.

Asteroid Index: Having trouble finding that perfect asteroid you /know/ you scanned? Fret no more! Using SPACE-AGE list making technologies, you too can experience the zen of knowing exactly what you've scanned. With multiple search options including regional, type and yield searches, your knowledge is at your fingertips not behind an evil interface.

Service TL Listener: Need to place a station? Why pay upwards of 20 million credits when so many TLs fly empty? Galluskek Ltd. has a solution for you: this service polls you sensor equipped devices for the unique signature of the lumbering TL class of ships. Yet another way that Galluskek Ltd. can help you make the most of your fleet.

Features:
Color Coded: Its not a drab grey experience, but it also isn't a pride day script (not that there's anything wrong with that).
(Super)Low CPU Usage: Sure, its not the smallest scripts, but it only runs when you open it up, so there is NO performance hit at all. Unlike monitoring scripts, this keeps your advanced computer from the far off year 2004 chugging along happily. (My internal clock is not Y2k Compliant)
Fun To Use: Its convenient, you can bind it to a hotkey, or use Cycrow's (AWESOME) Community Plugin Configuration dealie to save keys. Open it anytime, and find the best place to cap an pirate M1 at 12AM.
Logging: You can export any page of data exactly as you see it into your personal logbook with a single click!
Not Complicated: Unless you open it up in the script editor, you'll never have to deal with difficult syntax.
Language Support: Because plugging a few lines into Google Translate is the least I could do (but its probably better than me doing the translation).
Coded While Listening To One Of Those 80's CDs Collections: Need I say more?

Why?:
Because after spending millions on a network of advanced satellites across the entire universe, you realize that the only time you learn anything from them is when they get destroyed. This script makes it an actual asset, and not such a pain to monitor. It uses custom menus to deliver content as fast as possible, and as neat as possible. Huge empire? even better.

How?:
Bind it to a hotkey, or open it through the Com.Plug.Conf. menu (its a hotkey too). Its meant to be accessed whenever, wherever, so opening the command console would be such a drag, man.

Installation:
REQUIREMENTS:
Cycrow's Community Plugin Configuration Manager
Cycrow's Plugin Manager(For the .SPK installation)

RECOMMENDED:
7ate9tin11s' Universe Explorers: Deploys satellites, and explores the universe. A perfect complement!

Double click the SPK file to load it with the Plugin Manager

OR

UnRAR the RAR file into your TC installation folder. Preserve the folder hierarchy. (Simply overwrite previously placed files to update to the latest version!)

Uses t/8502-L044 L049 and L048

Screenshots(By popular demand):

Author's request:
Use this thread for ideas for functionality to add to this tool, things you want to see, as well as for bug and spelling reporting. I endeavoured to make the program function well, and anything that could make it better will be considered for addition.

Author's non-productive comments:
Had the day off today, so I decided to spend it giving back to the community for a change :)
Last edited by Galluskek on Wed, 29. Jul 09, 06:14, edited 11 times in total.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 08:29

Sounds like one of the must-have scripts of the future :)
For me especially NPCare looks interesting, but the combination is great.

One suggestion before I even have tried it:
As I expect/hope that there are regular updates for this script, please use file names for the spk/rar stating either a version number or the date. The rar ends in 01a, do I assume correctly that this is 0.1a?

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 08:39

And I noticed that the .rar contains some extra features the .spk does not have:
- a 'Select A Target Sector' menu entry
- a foreword not done by Leonard Nimoy :)

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 12:47

And please add some screenshots. :)

Galluskek
x3tc

Post by Galluskek » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 13:23

To answer the questions so far:

This is version .01a, and it WILL get regular updates. I have accidently posted version 0 to the SPK, whoops. I've retargetted the link, so SPK users can get it in the latest flavor :P

New versions will have features suggested by viewers like you. As well as bugfixes and whatnot. So, if you can think of anything that this is missing, or would be cool, do not hesitate to tell me!

As for screens, I can do that now.

EDIT: Released v.02a, Language Support Release

Added a German t file for those who would rather not deal with clunky English stuff. Google Translated, piecemeal and painstakingly with an Oxford English to German to try and prevent some grievous errors. (What is up with Google's fascination with the word Fahrt?!)

Additional language files will be assembled on request from now on. And improved translations are welcome!

MORE EDITING: It struck me that the Enemy monitor looked wierd, a wuick check confirmed that it was sideways :oops:

V03a Fixes this.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 21:47

Galluskek wrote:This is version .01a, and it WILL get regular updates. I have accidently posted version 0 to the SPK, whoops. I've retargetted the link, so SPK users can get it in the latest flavor :P
Ah, that explains it :)
Galluskek wrote:New versions will have features suggested by viewers like you. As well as bugfixes and whatnot. So, if you can think of anything that this is missing, or would be cool, do not hesitate to tell me!
The first test drive with 01a was fine, I already delivered the missing space fuel to the IBL forge due to a hint from NPCare.
Galluskek wrote:Added a German t file for those who would rather not deal with clunky English stuff. Google Translated, piecemeal and painstakingly with an Oxford English to German to try and prevent some grievous errors. (What is up with Google's fascination with the word Fahrt?!)
Despite being a German I play TC in English since I prefer clunky English over Google Translate :)

Many thanks for this helpful script! (just updated to 03a)

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 22:20

Hey! That was no Google translation! (Or do I sound like some bot?) :P

Thanks for uploading the screenshots. Looks promising! :)

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 22:52

X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Galluskek
x3tc

Post by Galluskek » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 03:01

Thanks for the positive feedback, and for the Polish translation, has been included in the main package as of v04a.

Version .04a is up.

Galluskek
x3tc

Post by Galluskek » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 01:34

Double post, I know.

But I'm confident you'll agree the update to V.10 BETA is worth the bump.

Two new functions, better stability, more '80s music references. Whats not to love? Same great language support (Google Translate again :P)

EDIT: Fix to an issue with the setup script is up, CCCP menu now gets updated every time you load the game.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 18:01

sounds really good,

has the NPCare the possibility to show me all actual station "missions" from any sector where i have an advanced satelite and if so can i chose and accept those missions OOS if the satelite is in communication reach?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 19:19

The spk of v11b does not contain scripts/plugin.g.ss.abandon.xml, the rar does.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 03:30

That makes a lot of sense, as the Abandoned Ship Locator always returns null for me, even when I definitely have bailed NPC ships all over my universe that I can see.

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 10:18

Hi Galluskek !

The discription is very interesting for me.
I want to use it, but the link is daed.
Please upload it again.
Thank you !

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 10:25

Sounds great, please make it available ^^

Tranquilliser
x3tc

Post by Tranquilliser » Thu, 28. Jan 10, 18:02

Galluskek, all your links to kiwiproducts.com are broken as I keep getting IE "page not found"

LITWINCZUK

Post by LITWINCZUK » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 19:17

Anyone have copy?
[ external image ] - clone of HOMM in browser...

Familiar
x3tc

Post by Familiar » Tue, 5. Apr 11, 17:06

Want to try this out. Please somebody upload this :)

Ash Axiom

Post by Ash Axiom » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 14:22

Oh no! I read the wonderful description, got all excited about using the script, then find out that the link is broken!

Somebody has to have a copy of this thing! Help us out, please!

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 20:44

bump

needs a better hosting site. not signing up to virgin media thing but want to use this please :)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”