[Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier (LSDC) - v2 19/08/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

[Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier (LSDC) - v2 19/08/2009

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 09:22

Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier (LSDC)

:arrow: Introduction:
Logain Industries has developed its FTL-PTP-T technology for Carrier based Drone operations.
When active and loaded with Drones the Carrier will teleport Drones to engage any enemy ship and recover remaining drones to its cargo bay.

The LSDC command is available to all Carrier class ships with the following software installed:
Fight Command II Software
Carrier Command Software
Supply Support Software
Patrol Command Software

The script will also make the Griffon available in all Argon Shipyards.

FDN Integration
If the FDN mod is installed and the ship is within range of a Node the ship will be able to request wares for production if it cannot fulfil the requirements from its own stock.
The FDN supply will use the same supply process, it will try to supply from its own stock, then from other Nodes within range, failing that and if it’s set to buy the required ware, the Node will provide from NPC sources if available.

:arrow: Current Version:
Version 2 - Adds Drone Production & FDN Integration

:arrow: Technical Info:
Command Slot - COMMAND_TYPE_FIGHT_41
Text ID - 9912
Page 17 - 300035-3000037 (for future use)

:arrow: Download:
LSDC v2 Download

:arrow: Install LSDC:

Install of script files:
Use Plugin Manager by Cycrow Link to install the script .spk file
Or:
Manually install files from the script.zip. This link contains a guide for installing script files manually.
Great guide by Cycrow: Link

Turn on AL Plugin:
LSDC uses the AL Plug-in.
Great guide by LV shows how to turn on an AL Plug-in: Link

I have used an AL Plugin for ease. All LSDC tasks will check the state of the AL Plugin, if it's not active the tasks will exit. Also if the AL Plugin is off the Griffon will be removed from Argon Shipyards.

:arrow: Required Script Files:
The LSDC uses String Functions Library (lib.chem.strings) by Chem aka ChemODun: Link

:arrow: LSDC Guide:
Set-up:
Enable the LSDC AL Plug-in

Main Menu:
[ external image ][ external image ]

The main LSDC menu is accessed via the Carriers Combat Commands and is used to activate Drone operations, set Rules of Engagement and Drone production.

The info section:
Lists the current type and amount of Drones

Used turn on/off LSDC operations

Deployment:
The carrier can use 3 modes to deploy Drones:
Normal - Deploy as normal, recovered by teleport
Combat Launch - Used teleport to deploy quickly in close vicinity of the Carrier, recovered by teleport
Target Launch - Uses teleport to deploy quickly in close vicinity of the target, recovered by teleport

Rules of Engagement:
[ external image ]

Player defined options for the assessment and response to detected threats.
Used to set the response level (None, Report, Engage), and the type & amount of Drones used.

Drone Production:
[ external image ]

Used to start production of the 3 main Combat Drones types.
It displays the production time, produced amount and the required wares.
Each Drone type has it's own production task which can run concurrently

Settings:
LSDC will display screen warning if a Large or/and large number of contacts are detected is a single scan.

Logain Abler
Last edited by Logain Abler on Thu, 20. Aug 09, 13:35, edited 23 times in total.

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 11:08

Wasnt there a problem with the size of the FTL-P2P-T technology and that it have to be on a fixed position? So how can it functioning on a moving carrier with limited cargo space? ;)

And isnt the CODEA script the number one "mixed fleet" script out there?

Personally i am a big fan of drone carriers since Xtended for Reunion. Its like a personal khaak swarm. :twisted:

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 11:16

Marodeur wrote:Wasnt there a problem with the size of the FTL-P2P-T technology and that it have to be on a fixed position? So how can it functioning on a moving carrier with limited cargo space? ;)

And isnt the CODEA script the number one "mixed fleet" script out there?

Personally i am a big fan of drone carriers since Xtended for Reunion. Its like a personal khaak swarm. :twisted:
It will only be in-sector rather than multi-sector like it's big brother. A new development breakthrough by Logain Industries :wink:

Yes I will need to have a look at well established scripts like CODEA before going forward :!:

LA

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 11:17

It will have minimal point defence weapons and no missile capabilities so it will be an easy target against Capital ships.
there is a ship called Griffon, in XTM had the same purpose you described.
it is still in the game files but the scripts to make it work are nonexistent.

However I’m mulling over an ability for it to deploying a mine screen in front of any inbound M7 and above class ships, a drop and run.
the Tern (in game files) was supposed to do just that in XTM.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 11:21

someone else wrote:
It will have minimal point defence weapons and no missile capabilities so it will be an easy target against Capital ships.
there is a ship called Griffon, in XTM had the same purpose you described.
it is still in the game files but the scripts to make it work are nonexistent.

However I’m mulling over an ability for it to deploying a mine screen in front of any inbound M7 and above class ships, a drop and run.
the Tern (in game files) was supposed to do just that in XTM.
Spent must of my time building FDN & SSDN so it looks like I don't know half of what in game :lol:

I believe the above are not playable unless scripted in?

LA

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 11:27

Griffon can only be scripted but is as XTM (ish) without drones.
Tern exists but has been modified a bit to be a Shrike without hangar but with 16000 cargo bay. (not buyable)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 11:59

someone else wrote:Griffon can only be scripted but is as XTM (ish) without drones.
Tern exists but has been modified a bit to be a Shrike without hangar but with 16000 cargo bay. (not buyable)
Thanks for the pointers :)

LA

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 12:00

thanks to you... i always wanted to see them working as they should... :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 13:46

Phase one will be to prove concept:

Using some test scripts I have built for SSDN, make small adaptations and run on a Mammoth.

Stock with drones and test in a quiet sector against a fleet of various small ships. Hopefully sit back and watch the fireworks :)

Thoughts on ship specifications:
Size between TL & M7, first choice will be an existing model....
Reduced speed and agility in line with existing M1 class ships
Reduce weapons to anti-fighter class and reduce turret slots
Maybe increase/decrease shield to sit in-between M7 & M1
Reduce docking to 2-4 slots
Reduce storage to hold around 300 to 500 drones (room taken up for FTL-P2P-T)

I don’t think the script side will be an issue and there’s a tonne of stuff for ship tweaking.

No Gym tonight and the girlfriend is out, so I have some me time to play with this tonight :)

LA

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 13:59

i dont know if the model is big enough, but a TM fits your description, but again its pretty small

the scripting aspect of this should be really easy.
out of curiosity, is the ship gonna build its drones, buy them, or load them only from player stations

have fun messing around in the SE

sam

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 14:25

Osiris_sam wrote:i dont know if the model is big enough, but a TM fits your description, but again its pretty small

the scripting aspect of this should be really easy.
out of curiosity, is the ship gonna build its drones, buy them, or load them only from player stations

have fun messing around in the SE

sam
It will have to be supplied Drones, either via player produced or bought.

Maybe at a later date I'll add ship production.....

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Tue, 21. Jul 09, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 15:13

this is a griffon.

this is a Tern

just in case you wanna see them :D

just a thought.... 166 Keris killed a M2 in 1 minute, with minimal (10-11) losses, even with MARS. (mainly because the dumb bots rammed the target)
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 15:27

someone else wrote:this is a griffon.

this is a Tern

just in case you wanna see them :D

just a thought.... 166 Keris killed a M2 in 1 minute, with minimal (10-11) losses, even with MARS. (mainly because the dumb bots rammed the target)
Cheers :)

166 in minute sounds about right, I think SSDN will deploy 80 against a M2 by default with a similar loss ratio.
SSDN will also replace any losses with 2 replacements :wink: Think I'll keep that on the carrier but against fighters only.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Prototype up and running

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 19:00

I have the test build up and running and it works a treat :D

Basic functionality with no reporting like you get with SSDN.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 22:56

I have a test script which will turn any TL with Fight Command 2 installed into a Drone Carrier.

Would anyone like to test for me?

Please :!:

Link

LA

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 23:41

Logain Abler wrote:I have a test script which will turn any TL with Fight Command 2 installed into a Drone Carrier.

Link

LA
Sure, ill give it a whirl.

Personally i hope you will decide to resurrect the Griffon. Its a unique ship whose intended role was that of a light drone carrier.
Just add it to Argon shipyards, and key your script to only work on the Griffon, add some sort of simple drone production ability and presto: one revived Griffon from the good old days. :)

Alright, here are my findings:

1. Scripted in a Mammoth
2. Added FCS2 to the Mammoth
3. Added 50 of each type of drone to the Mammoth cargo hold (drone, drone MKII, Keris)
4. Jumped myself to a empty unknown sector
5. Added 20 Xenon L fighters to the sector
6. Jumped in the Mammoth
7. Mammoth started deploying/jumping all 3 types of drones near the enemy fighters.
8. Drones proceeded to rip the Xenon fighters some new USB ports.
9. All surviving drones jumped back into Mammy Mammoth's cargo bay.

Enemy forces: 20 L, 5 LX
Drones: 50 drones, 50 drones MKII, 50 Keris

Surviving drones: 23 drones, 44 drones MKII, 35 Keris

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 05:38

I like the idea, but not the restriction on targets or limiting how many drones can be carried.

I like the idea of an M7 Drone version, designed to stand off at long distance, and yet have the drone capasity to take out any ship.

Also, this idea leads to another one - Anti-Missile Drone ship, where the ship can be set to target all missiles in a sector (hostile or not). This would offset missile spamming, where you can sit your M7 Anti-Missile Drone ship way out, and have its drones target any missile spotted within sensor coverage of any player asset.

Either mode, some of its drones would also act as a fighter screen for self protection, so it really doesnt need guns. If its number of drones drops below a certain level where it becomes vulnerable, then it should jump out and dock at its homebase and resupply. If the PHQ is making drones, then it can dock and reload and then possibly redeploy.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 08:05

Troubleshooter11 wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:I have a test script which will turn any TL with Fight Command 2 installed into a Drone Carrier.

Link

LA
Sure, ill give it a whirl.

Personally i hope you will decide to resurrect the Griffon. Its a unique ship whose intended role was that of a light drone carrier.
Just add it to Argon shipyards, and key your script to only work on the Griffon, add some sort of simple drone production ability and presto: one revived Griffon from the good old days. :)

Alright, here are my findings:

1. Scripted in a Mammoth
2. Added FCS2 to the Mammoth
3. Added 50 of each type of drone to the Mammoth cargo hold (drone, drone MKII, Keris)
4. Jumped myself to a empty unknown sector
5. Added 20 Xenon L fighters to the sector
6. Jumped in the Mammoth
7. Mammoth started deploying/jumping all 3 types of drones near the enemy fighters.
8. Drones proceeded to rip the Xenon fighters some new USB ports.
9. All surviving drones jumped back into Mammy Mammoth's cargo bay.

Enemy forces: 20 L, 5 LX
Drones: 50 drones, 50 drones MKII, 50 Keris

Surviving drones: 23 drones, 44 drones MKII, 35 Keris
Thanks for giving it a go :)

Early days yet so nothing is set in stone; the TL is just for testing the script.

I have a rough idea on production but would a M7 size ship be able to carry the equipment?

LA
Last edited by Logain Abler on Wed, 22. Jul 09, 13:46, edited 2 times in total.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 08:08

apricotslice wrote:I like the idea, but not the restriction on targets or limiting how many drones can be carried.

I like the idea of an M7 Drone version, designed to stand off at long distance, and yet have the drone capasity to take out any ship.

Also, this idea leads to another one - Anti-Missile Drone ship, where the ship can be set to target all missiles in a sector (hostile or not). This would offset missile spamming, where you can sit your M7 Anti-Missile Drone ship way out, and have its drones target any missile spotted within sensor coverage of any player asset.

Either mode, some of its drones would also act as a fighter screen for self protection, so it really doesnt need guns. If its number of drones drops below a certain level where it becomes vulnerable, then it should jump out and dock at its homebase and resupply. If the PHQ is making drones, then it can dock and reload and then possibly redeploy.
Cheers for your input apricotslice,

As above, its early days so nothing is set is stone; just ideas at the moment. I like the idea of anti-missile drones :)

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 09:57

I’ll probably be denounced as a heretic and burn in hell; but…….. I’m not to keen on the Griffon model! There I said it

I think it’s the engine section that really puts me off; maybe I’ll have a play with 3D Max…

LA

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”