[MD] ISS - Industrial Special Service V1.0.1 [18-03-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

[MD] ISS - Industrial Special Service V1.0.1 [18-03-2009]

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 16:36

ISS - Industrial Special Service (cooperation of Ketraar and Alex Vanderbilt)

A very special Mission. I assume that everybody has been complaining now and then about other factories in space offering their products cheaper ord simply have more in stock? Moreover, stations will be re-build often exactly at this location where you cannot exert them. The ISS cannot change this fact but he is possible to get rid of the disturbing stations silently and without leaving a trace, following the a rather aggressive company policy. Of course, the services aren't for free.

The ISS, however, doesn't offer his services to everybody. Since he is very concerned about his own future he will just show up for certain traders and will accept only requests from solvent merchants. For that reason, only merchants with at least one station or stationary complex and at least 50 million of credits will be able to ask him for its service.
The ISS isn't interested in fight skills or reputation.
If you fullfill the requirements the ISS will appear in the locality of 5 sectors around the current player sector.
If you have found the ISS he will offer you a list of station he can visit for you. Right after he has got his destination, he will move to it on the shortest way.
The prices are dependent on the station. They are calculated with 40% of the station price at a ship yard plus the value of the current stock. Payment will be realised on advance payment. Therefore, it could be indeed valueable to protect the ISS on its way to the destination if it is in a dangerous sector or if a dangerous sector lies between him and the destination.
Furthermore, you should use caution close to the destination station, even more if you see the ISS undocking of the station. He won't pay attention on if there are ships docked at the station. Job is job, and he will fullfill every job well and truly.

And here are the downloads:

Special Service (.7z-Archiv)

Industrial Special Service (.zip-Archiv)

Industrial Special thanks to Ketraar who coded the whole mission :)

used language files:

9011-L049
9011-L044
9011-L034

versions:

V1.0

V1.0.1
minimal code error for the calculation of the payback money

AV
Last edited by Alex Vanderbilt on Wed, 18. Mar 09, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 18:55

Just to make sure I understand this right: You pay this guy to blow up a station?

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 19:21

You've understood it correct.

AV

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 21:25

Nice to see a "mission" for a while. 8)

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Sun, 31. May 09, 14:22

This sounds great- a legal way to get rid of all those pesky Silicone Facts and Shield Fabs.

Is it just unzipped directly into the main X3TC directory?
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 08:48

Yep, the files are already in the correct folders. And use the folder without the "1.5" in its name, it is an older version which shouldn't be there after all. I've deleted it now.

AV

darkelfsin

Post by darkelfsin » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 12:39

great work............ :wink:

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 09:15

Get rid of a few of those annoying silicon and ore mines... Then my minerals we be the most valued.

Galluskek
x3tc

Post by Galluskek » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 09:25

Would it be possible for you to do the opposite?

Instead of destroying an NPC station, could you make a mission along the same lines of "defend this station" except for a player station? Say the ISS has been paid to take YOUR silicon mine out because you have become TO successful. They send waves of pirates and Yaki and you have to hold the fort against a powerful fleet.

Of course it should be optional.. I would hate to HAVE to defend against concentrated attacks while I'm in the middle of the Hub plot.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 13:37

Hi,

generally and technically it is possible, yes. However, for the moment have decided not to introduce such function into the ISS. Maybe the ISS will enter this range of activties in future.

Anyway, there is a MD-extension, which offers what you want: Ketraar's Real Pirate Syndicate offers raids on Player Property, blackmailing and so on.

AV

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Sat, 28. Nov 09, 09:08

I love the idea of the script, but somehow its installation has created a plague of biblical proportions. When I first started my game I could barely move around (was docked at my phq) to do anything. When I was finally able to switch to area radar there were dozens of ISS ships buzzing around, and that was just the beginning.

For whatever reason the mod wouldn't work (incompatible with something) so had to remove it. Problem is that the ISS ships are still there, and respawn every few seconds. In the sector I've destroyed literally hundreds of the ships and they keep respawning.

Either I need to get the mod working correctly, or need a script/cheat that can nuke these roaches anytime I enter a new sector. The destroy all ships in the universe cheat wouldn't even fix it, they still keep respawning!
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 01:44

Have you mods/scripts installed other than this?

This shouldn't happen, and didn't happen when I tested it and others use it. :S

AV

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 06:37

My current game has a lot of scripts/mods running; though I think I figured out which one was causing the problem. Had to recently re-install x3tc and excluded the script in question which in turn allowed several other scripts that had been failing to work properly to work correctly. Am going to try the ISS again now that everything seems fixed, will contact you if the same anomaly happens again, looks like I'll be fine now.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 13:13

I'm glad to hear that you could figure it out. :) Out of interest, which script was it which was causing the problem?

AV

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 05:42

The enhanced equipment docks was the one, if I'd installed it as a mod rather than a fake patch it might not have caused problems. Since I've already got a mod (that can only be run as such) in use that wasn't an option. I've got a large number of large ships (M7's or larger) and prefer to have them docked in one area as a personal preference. Rather than have 4 or 5 HQ's to house my fleet I just modified shipyards to be purchasable in order to get space to park my M7's.

Your IFF agents are well, quite satisfying to use 8) Have been looking into some of the more aggressive scripts like race response fleets and race wars and these guys will sure come in handy :wink:
- Donald Norman

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 13:11

Thanks. :) Yeah, this guy is really ... aggressive. :D

AV

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 10:56

Heh, cool script :D

I got sick of baiting the local M2 into broadsiding unwanted stations while I sat infront of it strafing like no tomorrow (also works wonders with M8s)
I fly Terran for the accents

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 20:43

helo,

i just installed the scrpit, but somehow after i contract it to destroy some station, my PC turn hang...this is happen every time i enter the sector where the station that need to be destroy by iss...is this normal ?

should i OOS when hired ISS so it wont turn hang ? or there is something wrong with my script ? im currently playing TC 2.7 version with mod and script

- MARS
- 500 comrange (mod)
- plugin manager (for spk)
- comunity plugin
- yaki EQ dock at WT
- bonus package
- economy suply and demand by lucike
- hq hack (grax or gazz i forgot the author)
- add satelite to every sector
- pirate patrol
- borading improve
- m6 improve
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”