[MD-Script] Ketraar's Real Pirate Syndicate [beta.1] (update 12-07-2009)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

[MD-Script] Ketraar's Real Pirate Syndicate [beta.1] (update 12-07-2009)

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 01:23

Ketraar's Real Pirate Syndicate

English | Deutsch

Hello Community

K.P.R.S. stands for Ketraar's Real Pirate Syndicate.This is a unknown Pirate faction, that unlike the Yaki can be very dangerous. From now on the X-Universe is an unsafe place to be, even/specially for the player and its assets. This Pirate faction pops out from nowhere, seizes, boards and if all else fails, destroys its targets in the pursuit of profits.

This Pirate faction is very clever, they strike there where you'd least expect it. Sometimes you have time to intervene, sometimes you don't and before you know your station has been seized, or a ship is gone, if you're unlucky enough maybe even both.

Do not underestimate these Pirates, they are technologically advanced and do not fear to put their full arsenal to use in the pursuit of their goals.

Note: This is a beta version, not compatibility with future versions yet!

[ external image ]

Info:
  • K.R.P.S. Ship raiders - beta 1
  • K.R.P.S. Station raiders - beta 1
  • Firewall awaylable to buy - beta 1
  • Black market - maybe
  • Station hacker, the other way around - maybe
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Installation:
  • Extract rar into X3:TC root folder
    (Files should go where they are supposed to)
  • Start/load your game
  • Change your pilot name to KRPS

Note: Always load a save in which no KRPS was loaded yet
[ external image ]

Start conditions:
  • You need to own at lest 2 bigships (M1/M2/TL/M7/etc.)
  • You need to own at least 2 stations
    Note: These are just temporary conditions, to make things start sooner during development
[ external image ]

Compatibility:
  • KRPS is compatible with X3TC 2.1 and higher, also with all 2.1 compatible modifications
[ external image ]

Credits:
  • X2-Illuminatus
  • Pappendorf Wolfgang
  • Ogerboss
  • Iifrit Tambuur-san
  • JensKa
[ external image ]

Changelog: Feedback is highly appreciated. :-)

MFG

Ketraar
Last edited by Ketraar on Sun, 12. Jul 09, 03:06, edited 2 times in total.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 04:36

1) Does this faction use a new race entry, or is it formed as a pirate race just like the regular pirates?

2) I the player the sole target of this organization, or are they raiding other races too?

KHCreason
x3tc

Post by KHCreason » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 06:33

Wow this looks like a great idea... I'll DL this as soon as I get two stations :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 12:03

This is a fictional faction ;-)

No Race entries or such, they actually don't even (physically) exist until they get spawned, so no you can't just try to find and wipe them out. It was suggested in the German thread that they should get an HQ, so maybe in future who knows.

Yes, player is sole target, I don't think raiding NPC ships or stations will add to your gameplay. There is a script that goes in that direction ISS - Industrial Special Services.

This is not one more FIGHT script, its one that will make you have Marines on valuable ships (bigships) and good ones, as only then you have a counter that will give you enough time to intervene, otherwise your ship is gone.

Stations are more vulnerable, usually once you notice something is wrong, its already to late. You'll get the chance to buy it back, IF you follow instructions. The main goal here is to make you worry, so you'll need to set up defences, think twice where to put your stations/ships.

Also mind that this is not done yet, there is usually room for improvements, as you may have seen in the OP there are already a few other things that might get included in future, so feel free to post any ideas that fit this.

MFG

Ketraar

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 12:22

Mmm.... actual use for marines on ships... *drool*

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 03:04

Changelog:
  • [Release] KRPS beta 1 - 12/07/2009
    • Added check should the boarding ship get destroyed before it reaches its target or before the timer runs out
    • Added check should the boarding ship get destroyed after the station was seized and/or before the ransom was paid.
    • Made some improved to code (hopefully)
This is getting close to final version now.

Feedback as usual highly appreciated.

MFG

Ketraar

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 11:21

One question: why do I have to change pilot name? I own some sectors, renamed on pilot name...

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 12:08

Nho wrote:One question: why do I have to change pilot name? I own some sectors, renamed on pilot name...
Its just the safest way to trigger the script when you want. If you are referring to MUS, you can safely change your name.

Note: once you have changed the name, wait a few seconds and then you can safely change it back or to whatever you like. Once the MD files has triggered its not necessary any more. This usually applies to all MD-Scripts (at least to mine it does)

MFG

Ketraar

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 01:08

Hi Ketraar

I activated your script a while ago, but I never met this new pirate syndicate. Is there a way to check if the script is running fine? Or is there a way to deactivate it and reactivate?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 01:43

Nho wrote:I activated your script a while ago, but I never met this new pirate syndicate.
Make sure you're conditions are met, you need to own 2 bigships and 2 stations. Even then there is a chance that nothing will happen for a while, its set to random and its different in every game.

There is no way for you to check if its running I'm afraid. If you don't get anything after 1 ingame day, please let me know, I'll have a look if something is wrong.

Apart from this, I may update it in near future, hopefully to a final version.

MFG

Ketraar

Motika

Post by Motika » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 20:24

looks like a cool script, ill try it out on the weekend :)

kaffeebohne777
x3ap

Post by kaffeebohne777 » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 17:29

I'll try it when i have 2 Stations and a big ship (i want to buy a Colossus to be a mobile base but thats not so cheap ....)
Thats going to take a while ATM i just have a Yaki M3+ and a Otas M4 (dont know english names of them) and barely 1,2 million credits so i will need some more time :)

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 16:45

is there a setting that lets you pick what they attack? Cause i want more enemies attacking my stations but not my trade ships running around. Or do they just attack stations andships near the starions?
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 17:02

They only care about the big targets. No trade ships are attacked unless you use Bigships for it.

The 2 versions atm are:
- Any random Player Bigship will get attacked, as in boarded
- Any random Station will be seized, but it can be bought back (note that there are still some issues with player complexes)

Both can be avoided if you have countermeasures, like patrols in sectors to guard your stations, marines and Firewall SW in your ships will delay the boarding process, allowing you to (maybe) fight back the Pirates.

MFG

Ketraar

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 23:29

Also does this work with the complex cleaner :? theres still a hub so i think it will but just checking?

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 21:24

ogamerdg wrote:Also does this work with the complex cleaner :? theres still a hub so i think it will but just checking?
?

ympcylo
x2

Post by ympcylo » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 14:38

Will I loose my 450 station complex?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 23:53

You wont loose anything. It may get seized, but you always get the chance to pay for its release.

It also only gets seized if you do not have any security, as in sector patrols.

@ogamerdg
It should, but as usual I can't make any guaranties as I don't use that one, guess you need to find someone that does, sorry.

MFG

Ketraar

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 07:36

Hi Ketraar

This mod sounds good. I never was able to try it as my computer died soon after I installed it - relax, I am not saying you broke my comp ;). Going to try it now. But is this compatible with Pirate Guild?

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 08:13

heh,

just thought of something funny,

if LVs NPC boarding script targeted one of your ships and actually seized it XD

talk about an embarassment !

gonna definately try this when im done with my terran DiD :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”