[SCRIPT] Salvage Network 2.8 [08.11.08]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 19:39

No problem! :)

Varek Raith
xr

Post by Varek Raith » Sun, 24. May 09, 09:36

*Casts Resurrection*

Hello, TECSG. I was curious as to how the Reunion version of you script is going. For the first time in my game, I am interested in the CLSMk2 ware. However since it conflicts with your script I was hoping you could inform me as to how to fix it. Is it as simple as changing the ware id or is it more involved? I have no problem digging into and editing scripts, I just need a push in the right direction. Thanks for the cool script!

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 24. May 09, 11:18

Hi Varek Raith,

I'm not sure if the CLSMK2 still clashes, I had to modify my script because the person who wrote the CLSMK2 scripts uesd (without asking) the same ware slots I had requested and reserved.

You can try the two scripts together, worst case scenarion is that they won't work and you have to uninstall one and maybe go back a save or two (remember to save to a 'proper' save slot before you install the second script, not an auto-save slot that will get overwritten relatively quickly.)

The TC version (which takes most of my free time) is a major improvement, whereas the X3R version has 3 commands, the TC version is currently up to about 14 (it even has it's own menu!). You can salvage crates, ships and debris, and even claim and repair them remotely (via another of your ships).

The TC scripts are in beta testing at the moment, but are almost ready for RC1.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 07:44

Hi I was wondering how do you stop sat placement its killing my its starting to kill my founds now and there is like 10 sats in every sector.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 12:36

Hi cnecktor,

The Sat. Deployment script shouldn't deploy a satellite if there is already one in the sector, but I can't check it at the minute as my PC was fried by a lightning strike last week and is now being salvaged to build a new one, so I'm currently reduced to a laptop that has enough trouble running windows, let alone one of the 'X' games...

If you look through this thread, something like this was covered before (someone running out of credits), there should be a script called something like 'A1.SatelliteNetworkTERM' (or something similar), if you go into the script editor in the game, find (highlight) that script in the list and press 'R', then ENTER twice.

That should terminate the satellite deployment script.

Let me know how you get on.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 19:20

Sorry to hear about your computer hope you have good luck with setting up a new one. I tried as you said but I still keep losing credits I think I might have to start a new game. I wondering can I just not accept the offer for sat placement with out losing credits.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 19:39

Hi cnecktor,

You can kill the script manually, go to the script editor and in the list of running scripts, delete one called (I think) 'A1.SatelliteNetwork'.

You can use the Satellite Network without accepting the Satellite Deployment Advert, which leaves you free to deploy your own satellites or use one of the many other satellite deployment scripts out there.

Alternatively, you could edit my scripts and remove the section where the money is deducted from your account, just remember to 'reinit scripts' afterwards to refresh the running scripts...

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 01:53

Thanks for the help but I still keep losing credits I think only new game will help.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 01:59

Hi cnecktor,

If you've killed the Satellite Deployment script, then it can't be that that's losing your credits.

Do you have any other scripts running (trade scripts for example)?

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 02:07

All I have is bonus package xtm cycrow all in one scripts and your script.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 02:16

If there are any scripts called 'quest.satellite.network', 'lib.sds' or any scripts beginning with 'A1', kill them all.

If you're still losing credits after that, it's not my script!

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 18:51

Thanks for your help I just couldn't figure it out.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 19:34

IF you've killed all of those scripts I mentioned, and you're still losing credits, I'd check to see what other scripts are running...

Or cheat and give yourself some credits back!

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 00:58

I have reinstalled everything. I just couldn't live with that what ever it was that was taking my credits. I'm sorry I thought it might be you script after I accepted the sat offer that's when I started losing money. I still couldn't figure out why I was losing money.

tawhitt

need help please x3 reunion crashing on load screen after i installed a script

Post by tawhitt » Wed, 5. Oct 16, 22:51

Hey guys,i really need some help,i have only been playing x3 reunion for about a week,i have had it for a long time but do to computer problems haven't been able to play,now i get a new computer and this crap happens,i installed a script by TECSG salvage network v2.8,trhen i couldn't start the game kept crashing,so i uninstalled the script,still crashed.so i uninstalled the game,then reinstalled it thru steam,still crashes,there is 2 events associated with the crash in event viewer but i don't see a way to paste then here,so how can i get this info to u guys so maybe someone has a solution? i purposely didn't play any of the x games that came after x3 reunion because i wanted to play them in order of release now i cant.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 6. Oct 16, 10:06

**merged with respective script thread, as per S&M forum posting rules**

How did you install the script? If it's via the Plugin Manager, you have to uninstall the script there too or set the Plugin Manager to Vanilla mode. Otherwise the Plugin Manager will copy the script files to your "scripts" folder again. If you installed the script manually, delete the whole "scripts" folder from your game directory and let Steam download it again. When uninstalling through Steam, only the original game files will be deleted. Additional ones (provided through scripts and mods) usually remain.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

tawhitt

Post by tawhitt » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 23:45

TECSG,hey bro i now have the gog drm free version of x3 reunion,i downloaded your script mod but x plugin manager don't recognize the directory to the game exe. so i was wondering how to install your mod with out using the plugin manager.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 08:08

Cycrow's Script Manager (or one of the shortcuts it creates) should have the option to extract an .SPK file. If you extract the script, you should end up with 2 folders called 'scripts' and 't' (there may also be some others like 'readme' or something similar).

Now look in your X3 installation folder, you should find the same folders, copy the new files into the matching folder in your game installation directory.

danadi712

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Network 2.8 [08.11.08]

Post by danadi712 » Tue, 13. Feb 24, 20:43

What about the posibility to find sectors with NIVIDIUM debris (or asteroids) like in x3ap.The.All.Seeing.Eye script?

TECSG
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Network 2.8 [08.11.08]

Post by TECSG » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 19:48

danadi712 wrote:
Tue, 13. Feb 24, 20:43
What about the posibility to find sectors with NIVIDIUM debris (or asteroids) like in x3ap.The.All.Seeing.Eye script?
Hi there,

There is an option "Find best Asteroid to mine" that will display details (type/yield) of asteroids, but only for sectors in which the player has a ship/station/satellite.

If you are specifically after Nividium, you can also breakdown any captured Xenon and Kha'ak ships to get some!

Hope that helps! :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”