[AL-PLUGIN] Race Invasions v1.0a - 23.06.09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xiriod
x3tc

[AL-PLUGIN] Race Invasions v1.0a - 23.06.09

Post by xiriod » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 22:10

AL Plugin: Race Invasions v1.0a

I got tired of the universe being too quiet, and did not find elsewhere what I wanted either. So I decided to have a go at it myself. I was supposed to release them separately for each race but decided to put them all in one package instead. I used TTL's Kha'ak Invasions as a template, as he stated anyone was free to expand on his script: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 00#2819200

This is an AL-plugin, so you can choose which one of the Invasions you want to have turned on, or if you like them all turned on.

Invasions included are:

Split <-> Boron

Argon <-> Paranid

Yaki invades just about anyone except Terrans

Xenon invades all races

The Teladi doesn't invade anyone, but they can get hit by Xenon and Yaki invasions. Teladi is just happy for the profffitsss from the wars!

I am working to get a Pirate invasion going, but there are some unforeseen obstacles although I am working on it. I am also working a bit on the old Kha'ak Invasion script. But this is what is included so far.

Examples:

Scenario 1: Xenon invades Argon space, you intercept and wipe out their forces. Result, you get paid. Not too much, but not little either. I feel the old formula is balanced there.

Scenario 2: Split invades Boron space. After a while a Boron Defense Force arrives, just in case you don't want to fight but also because the default defense isn't working so great. If you should decide to help the Boron, you should get paid just as if you fought the Xenon as mentioned above. Of course you will lose reputation with the Split if you do :wink:

But the pay is just a bonus really. I just wanted to see some battles except my own, and feel that there was some kind of conflict albeit not over the top ones. There is no taking of sectors here, yet at least. You should only hear about the invasions if the sector is known to you.

The invasions are scaled randomly, and the defense forces too. Some times it can be just a few ships, but other times it can be a small armada. The interval of invasions are also random, and it can take a couple of days in-game-time before you see your first one. Or it can be sooner. My computer is a P4 930D 3ghz, 2 gig ram, 4850 Toxic card running Vista Ultimate SP1 and there is no problem here with size of invasions.

I've spent hours on hours just watching battles unfold, and it is lovely. You can participate, watch and even pick up the loot after. It is not often they drop weapons, but it does happen. If you are lucky, you can even use the chance to board one of the vessels while they are fighting. But beware so it doesn't get destroyed while you're at it.

This is version 1.0a. There will be updates, but I can not promise how fast it will be done or when it will be done. I am swamped at work these days, and I have been working overtime at home to finish these scripts for first release. Now I need some rest, and food....

I will accept input, but I can not and will not promise that I will listen. I have a vision of how I want things to be. As a modder I am fairly fresh, and things take time with me. Do not expect me to understand hardc0re modder lingo or such :wink:

Keep all this in mind if you decide to try it out, please.

It is compatible and working normally even today, 06.05.13

Resources:
7906-L044/49
7907-L044/49
7908-L044/49
7909-L044/49
7910-L044/49
7911-L044/49

Race Invasions v1.0a - 7zip-file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pBPstu ... YZxw0/view

Changelog:

1.0a - Added German language files, thanks to Lucike :thumb_up:

1.0 - Initial release
Last edited by xiriod on Wed, 24. Jan 24, 21:49, edited 12 times in total.

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 00:26

The first invasion.
Argon vs Paranid. Domain Cardinals sector.
Argon: 1xM6 1xM3 1xM4
Paranid: 1xM1 2x M7 4xM6 12xM3 + 12xM3 12xM4
:D :?
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 00:45

Yacek wrote:The first invasion.
Argon vs Paranid. Domain Cardinals sector.
Argon: 1xM6 1xM3 1xM4
Paranid: 1xM1 2x M7 4xM6 12xM3 + 12xM3 12xM4
:D :?

I just now forced two invasions, and each time they matched each other level for level. I logged the values. I am not sure how, but can some other scripts you are running conflict with the plug-in?

Also, if you have the Cheat package installed, check the target sector with the Destroy Sector command. Some times a fleet can be lagging behind and some ships arrive at the front faster thus appearing like a small invasion force because it is random where and how far out in the sector they are created. They can be created quite far from the center some times.

The Defense Force will be disbanded as soon as all Invasion forces are destroyed, so if they are still around when the visible Argon's where destroyed then there are more ships on the way from somewhere inside the sector.

Because the smallest Argon attack force that can possibly be created is:

1 Heavy Centaur
1 Nova Sentinel
1 Nova Vanguard
1 Elite
1 Buster Vanguard

thus 1 M6, 2 M3 and 2 M4.

Or that sector had some large Paranid forces there already before the Defence Force arrived, and they wiped out most of the Argons before you arrived?

I have run dozens of battles for each Invasion script, and never ever have I had a difference in level Attack vs. Defense. And the scripts for this particular encounter looks in order, and works here.

Now it is bedtime! :)

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 03:17

So who do Terrans invade?
Specs
Cpu: Duel Core Intel Wolfdale 8500 3.15 ghz
Motherboard: MSI P45 Platinum
4 Gigs Ram
Sound: X-Fi Music
Video: 8800 GTS (G92)
Win7 x64 Ultimate

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 03:41

I think i am going to try this with the race rapid response script :D the horror of ongoing war :D
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 09:01

@Predator2

No one, yet. They are a new player to the scene, and just in this game they are starting to get engaged in this part of the universe's political system. So with my vision and story wise I feel they are not going to invade or raid anyone as it is now.

@StormMagi

I guess the invasions are short lived then, because there is a defence force created for the invasions too. But you could of course disable that in the script, and let the RR script handle it!

I tried two more invasions today before I went to work, and they perform as expected still. If anyone has any strange happenings please report, but only if you are there or jump there at the time it happens. Or else who knows what happened while you where not there :)
Last edited by xiriod on Tue, 23. Jun 09, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 10:29

I haven't had a chance to try that but I think I will tomorrow :P I just figure once the invasions start, with the RRF script going it will just keep escalating until just about every sector is a major battleground
MOD XR Show Skills

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 10:57

StormMagi wrote:I haven't had a chance to try that but I think I will tomorrow :P I just figure once the invasions start, with the RRF script going it will just keep escalating until just about every sector is a major battleground
Not with the default time settings, but you can easily adjust the randomness of invasions by lowering the values in the script. The old default values some times had 3-4 invasions going at the same time, for one race. But that was too much for me. Now the invasion frequency is on average 1+ day or so, but can be as much as 2+ days. For any given race. But it is random, so you'll never know for sure :)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 18:41

It is how the RRF script works (this is my understanding since I haven't really used it yet) but when military ships come under attack they call for backup, with the backup size escalating. Based on that and what I have read, each side will continually call for reinforcements :D
MOD XR Show Skills

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 19:24

StormMagi wrote:It is how the RRF script works (this is my understanding since I haven't really used it yet) but when military ships come under attack they call for backup, with the backup size escalating. Based on that and what I have read, each side will continually call for reinforcements :D

Well, if this plugin can make RRF users more happy then I am happy :)

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 20:15

Cool. ;)

http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_confli ... _files.zip

"Galactic Order Association"

German translation with a little bit of fantasy. ;)

"Galaktischer Verein für Ordnung und Disziplin"

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 20:54

Lucike wrote:Cool. ;)

"Galactic Order Association"

German translation with a little bit of fantasy. ;)

"Galaktischer Verein für Ordnung und Disziplin"

:lol:

Great, thank you! They're added! :)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 21:44

I am most likely going to wait a little before implementing it in my game as I just started and have 5 m3's total >_> but long term I am gonna have all out war with argon/boron vs split/paranid
MOD XR Show Skills

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 21:51

StormMagi wrote:I am most likely going to wait a little before implementing it in my game as I just started and have 5 m3's total >_> but long term I am gonna have all out war with argon/boron vs split/paranid

Ahh, but.....get a TP and train some marines :) I've capped a couple of ships during the combat phases. Or bring a TS, and collect the loot. After one of the bigger battles, there's usually some nice things around ;)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 22:05

It is a bit hard when all ai ships use mars as well. You would not believe how many times I have gotten the whole sector mad at me because of goblins >_>
MOD XR Show Skills

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 10:36

My language is polish the game.
TG Ships to polish names.
DF Ships to English names.
This can be improved somehow?

PS. Polish translation: http://www.mamut.m5.pl/pobierz_plik_133 ... pl-v2.html
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 10:42

Yacek wrote:My language is polish the game.
TG Ships to polish names.
DF Ships to English names.
This can be improved somehow?

PS. Polish translation: http://www.mamut.m5.pl/pobierz_plik_133 ... pl-v2.html

You mean you translated the T-files to Polish? I visited that web-page, but I did not find anywhere to download. My comprehension of Polish is limited to say 'Good day' so I did not understand much from reading there :)

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 11:07

OK. I know what the problem. I thought that the ships DF script creates dynamically as vessels TG. Meanwhile, I have entered into "rigid" in the script.
[ external image ]

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 11:44

xiriod wrote:
Yacek wrote: PS. Polish translation: http://www.mamut.m5.pl/pobierz_plik_133 ... pl-v2.html

You mean you translated the T-files to Polish?
Yes.
[ external image ]

SNav
x3tc

Post by SNav » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 13:03

Do you think that RRF (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=233908) is the same and if not why ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”