Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet (Readme and Info)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet (Readme and Info)

Post by SymTec ltd. » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:25

Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet
Readme and Info
(for X3TC 2.1 and upward)

[ external image ]

With the X3TC update 2.1 we released a new version of the sector- and universe trader. Apart from fixing code problems we also included new features, such as the ability to use M6 class ships and a completely new ware selection algorithm for small jumpranges.

But there's more: There are two new features just for the community: For one, there's the X3TC trading log which logs all transactions and profits of your trading fleet. And there's the Technical Datasheet for the Trade Command Software MK3.

The Technical Datasheet is a manual for a better use of the Trade Command Software. It gives you information about the different command types, supported ship classes and technical components of the software. You will also find a list of the different courses of pilot education, and a list of education cost.

One important message of the datasheet is: For the best compromise between efficiency and security, set your ship up as a local trader with a 1-2 jumprange. A network of those in secure (!) sectors earns more money than a bunch of universe traders that only go after the greatest profit and waste their jump energy.

You can download the Technical Datasheet at:
downloads.thexuniverse.us - Download English
downloads.thexuniverse.us - Download German

STL Software Development and Modification wishes you good profits.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:38

Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:41

Thank you this is very instructive. There is a growing body of opinion that the new 2.1 UT is more prone to running out of e-cells and travelling across hostile sectors in search of jumpfuel. See http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250127

I think there is also a general lack of understanding how to use the sector blacklist effectively - if that is possible for the player.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 17:48

I was just about to ask an ST Q., so I'll put it here: can homebased STs still only sell products, or will they seel intermediate... 'cos mine won't sell the energy. I have a closed loop complex in Weaver's Tempest, with an ST running the sector. It will sell wheat to the SF Distilleries, Ore to the IBL Forges, but not Energy... :evil:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:27

For me this link locks up both IE7 and Google chrome to such a level the processes have to be killed. Anyone else?

Edit: Sorry, was my machine.
Last edited by ianrobo75 on Thu, 18. Jun 09, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz. NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 (8 GB). 16 GB ram.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:32

Seems fine on IE8 and Firefox 3.0.11 (Adobe Reader 8.1.6).

clevider
x4

Post by clevider » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:52

I've not yet made use of either the ST or UT commands yet, but I had been given to understand that UT ships require at least 25MJ of shielding and Fight MK1 software in order to start the command. I don't see it mentioned in your guide, however. Is this information incorrect or are dependencies outside the scope of a datasheet?

Also, section 3.6 discusses the M6 class stating, "they can be used for trading," but the class isn't included in the list of classes in the intro to section 3. Was the reference only intended to refer to manual trading or can they really be used for ST/UT work?

It's great work, by the way, and I'm not intending to nitpick. I've already linked to this thread from my list of command requirements and want to make sure that I correct any mistakes I have there.

Also, it opens fine for Opera and my copy of Chrome.
//-- ...Signature line decrypting: 1%... --\\

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:59

clevider wrote:I've not yet made use of either the ST or UT commands yet, but I had been given to understand that UT ships require at least 25MJ of shielding and Fight MK1 software in order to start the command.
The requirements were changed for TC - Fight software and shielding are no longer mandatory.
Also, section 3.6 discusses the M6 class stating, "they can be used for trading," but the class isn't included in the list of classes in the intro to section 3. Was the reference only intended to refer to manual trading or can they really be used for ST/UT work?
M6s can be used for MK3 traders as of version 2.1. I'm guessing not all parts of the document were updated :p.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:15

I spy LaTeX ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:31

Gaah!

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 20:39

Rapier wrote:I spy LaTeX ;)
Mention the king of spam, and he shall appear...

kreep69
x3tc

Re: Trade Command Software MK3 - Technical Datasheet (Readme and Info)

Post by kreep69 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 22:59

SymTec ltd. wrote:Apart from fixing code problems we also included new features, such as the ability to use M6 class ships and a completely new ware selection algorithm for small jumpranges.
I see it now .. the universe .. its being overrun by a fleet of Springblossoms :).

b3snyder
x3tc

Post by b3snyder » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 04:53

Interesting read, but I noticed a conflict concerning the search for profitable routes. In section 1.2 it says:
From a trading jumprange of 2 upwards, the trade computer does not dare calculate the most profitable route anymore, but uses a non-deterministic algorithm to look for good trade runs.
But in section 5.2 it says:
The short routine is a very recent development, optimized for a range of 0 to 2 sectors. It makes a list of all wares that are bought and sold within a specified jumprange and looks for the connection with the absolute maximum profit. As this routine is scanning a lot of stations and doing a lot of calculations in the process, it cannot be used for a bigger range.
So is the short routine 0-2 or 0-1 :?

Also, do the training courses with the non-technical contents, such as Business Japanese or Customer Relations, actually do anything or are they just filler? If they actually do something, then more information would be appreciated. :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 19:28

b3snyder wrote:So is the short routine 0-2 or 0-1 :?
Actually, it's neither, and both: At two jumps, the pilot will throw a coin if he gets out his calculator and tries the best possible run, or just goes with one that looks nice at first sight.
b3snyder wrote:Also, do the training courses with the non-technical contents, such as Business Japanese or Customer Relations, actually do anything or are they just filler? If they actually do something, then more information would be appreciated. :)
No, the pilots do not actually learn Japanese. I don't speak Japanese. :P
Alan Phipps wrote:There is a growing body of opinion that the new 2.1 UT is more prone to running out of e-cells and travelling across hostile sectors in search of jumpfuel.
Hmm, that's bad. Maybe local traders do better on that than galaxy traders do.
Alan Phipps wrote:I think there is also a general lack of understanding how to use the sector blacklist effectively - if that is possible for the player.
That list is only noted in the "technical components" part, because that's where it belongs: The trader will keep a list, the player has no access to this (unless someone writes a script that adds a GUI for it).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 20:12

@ SymTec ltd. Thanks for the replies. I think the UT refuel issue needs the 2.1 UT devs to look at it as a lot of players are abandoning UTs in favour of the better Local STs. It is a shame to lose faith in something that that was so good and reliable in X3R and has had a lot of improvement effort invested in it in X3TC.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 08:36

Alan Phipps wrote:players are abandoning UTs in favour of the better Local STs. It is a shame to lose faith in something that that was so good and reliable in X3R and has had a lot of improvement effort invested in it in X3TC.
I would say this: Players are getting more flexible about which trader they use, depending on what economic concept they chose and which risk they are willing to take.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 13:25

Oh I entirely agree. The issue is that the behaviour of the UT (and hence its risk and utility factor) is perceived by many to have changed between 2.0 and 2.1, and on balance not for the better despite the understanding that a lot a work has gone into improving some areas of its trading methodology.

Would a 2.1 UT dev be prepared to confirm or deny that the UT refuel handling and/or method of obtaining fuel routines have been changed in 2.1? If it is a firm denial, it may finally lay this issue to rest.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 17:38

I was pointed out to this very interesting thread (thanks Alan). I don't know how could I've missed it.

And I wanted to add, as I mentioned in one of the threads refferenced above by Alan, that I can confirm there's something wrong with the UT script (not sure if it's different in 2.1 than 2.0):

I lost a 25 lvl UT Chokaro in Xenon 472. I reloaded a save from some minutes before and the Chokaro was in Black Hole Sun, with no ecells, flying to the solar station in Thyn's Abyss for refill. So, obviusly decided to fly to a xenon sector. I re-started the UT command and he decided to go south instead, avoiding the Xenon sector. So, there have to be some sort of sequence of events that may end by the UT flying through a xenon sector to reprovisioning ecells.

Macrixen
x4

stalling on crystals

Post by Macrixen » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 11:06

ok i have a small issue. If I have my sector trader trading in a sector with a trading station that has crystals and solar power plants that have a good price on them, the trader sits in the trade station with the command buy crystals but the crystals were not bought. I tried manually buying the crystals with the trader hoping that with the crystals in the cargo hold that he would sell them and carry on, but did not.

Just a note: I have the steam version of X3TC so i know it's up to date. I do have some scripts in there such as the fdn but don't see how that would affect it as the script won't do anything until i have an fdn station built, which I don't.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 13:55

I had a similar issue with a Baldric MKIII trader sitting on a Logistics dock with the Buy Protein Paste .... but not buying. Wondering if he's waiting to see if the station fills all the way up maybe ? I guarantee that there were plenty of other stations ready for some PP in Neptune sector.

Eventually he did make the purchase and move on, but it was like a full game hour of not trading anything. Also note that my other S/T's do not seem to progress beyond lvl 20, unless I switch them to U/T.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”