[SCRIPT] Equipment Research and Development V1.00 : Update 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Equipment Research and Development V1.00 : Update 03/06/2009

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 05:12

=============================================
Script: Equipment Research and Development
Created: 03/06/2009
Version: 1.0
Author: Cycrow
Game: X3: Terran Conflict
=============================================

:arrow: Installing :arrow: Introduction
  • This script adds the ability to research and develop the various equipment to equip your ships from your equipment dock
:arrow: Researching:
  • To research, you need to send a ship with the item you wish to research to your equipment dock.
    Then from the station select the option for "Research Equipment" and pick the equipment from the docked ship.

The research process will take time to complete, and you will lose the use of the ship during the process.

The researching requires an amount of credits and resources.
    The credits will need to be paid before the researching the start, and the resources and taken from the equipment docks hold slowly over time.

If you dont have enough resources available, the researching will halt and wait for you to supply enough to the equipment dock.

You can view what resource its waiting for by viewing the Research and Development Menu.

Your equipment dock can only research one item at a time, but you can have mulitple equipment docks each researching something.

Everything thats researched will be available to all equipment docks, so no need to research each item on each of your docks
:arrow: Research and Development Menu:
  • There are 2 ways to open up the main menu. Either view the option in the stations command console, this will open up the stations research menu, which displays the
    current progress of the research.

You if you have the community plugin configuration package installed, then you can open up the global menu via that, which is the same as the station one, without the extra
    options for that sation.

The menu also displays the current technology you have researched, as well as gives the option to install equipment to the docked ships.
:arrow: Installing Equipment:
  • To install the equipment that you have researched, you goto the stations RnD menu, and goto the option to install to docked ships.
    This will open a menu displaying all docked ships you own. Select the ships you wish to install the equipment too. You can install to as many ships as are docked at the same time.

After selling the ship, you will get to select the equipment to install. Installing require requires a small amount of wares, but installation is instant.
    If you have the wares available, then all your selected ships will now have the equipment installed.
Last edited by Cycrow on Mon, 7. Sep 15, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 17:12

That's very cool. Finally something interesting for my equipment dock. It will turn the dock into a real equipment dock. :)

Gonna try it out after dinner. ;)

Thanks! :)

XxNe0xX
x3

Post by XxNe0xX » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 17:36

This is great. Now all I need is my own shipyard where I can construct stations and ships that i have researched and then I will rule the galaxy *laughingmadly*
Do you like secrets?
Try to find some.....
Goner-Secrets Mod

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 04:16

Another awesome idea! Now, does it only work on equipment only or would it be able to replicate the guns as well? I'm still finding it sad that I can only have 2 PALCs in vanilla...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:24

it just does the ship equipment, ie, the stuff that u cant usually make yourself, and that you can only install 1 per ship.

i left out things like weapons, coz you can stockpile them, and produce them yourself, etc

Fith

Post by Fith » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 17:07

Cycrow wrote: i left out things like weapons, coz you can stockpile them, and produce them yourself, etc
What about Ship Upgrades? Engine, Rudder and Cargo Bay...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 18:34

those are currently not included as they work abit different. Ill have to have a look at what i can do with those

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 21:32

Cycrow wrote:those are currently not included as they work abit different. Ill have to have a look at what i can do with those
Those would be awesome. One thing this game is sorely missing is a smooth way to equip mobs fighters you buy or build. I wonder if something like this script will ever have a chance to end up in the bonus pack?

Fith

Post by Fith » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 09:38

Thanks Cycrow! :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

At the moment I am using LV's Upgrade Kits at my PHQ but they don't do Cargo... So I end up using your cheat script and get it for free as I cant be bothered to work out what it should cost. :roll:

Vinnie_NL
x4

Post by Vinnie_NL » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 13:30

I really like the script. But I have a question. Is there a way to easily equip multiple docked ships with all upgrades you want? Because now I can only upgrade at a maximum cost of 2500 e-cells because the equipment dock can't store more. It says there aren't enough resources and nothing seems to be happening after that.

It would be solved for me if I could upgrade the storage capacity, at least for the e-cells and maybe for the silicon as well, since that is needed for this too, but at a smaller amount than energy. I installed the script because I thought that I could equip traders and fighters with all the needed upgrades at once without flying to different stations. And I have plenty e-cells available, but with this 2500 e-cell limit it's hard to use.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 15:30

the limit is built into the game, so no way to change that.

ill have a look at another method of getting the resources needed, ie from the cargo space of docked ships

Vinnie_NL
x4

Post by Vinnie_NL » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 15:57

That would be great, so I can dock at TL at it and fill it up with e-cells and silicon wafers.
And thanks for your quick reply :)

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 20:57

Cycrow wrote:the limit is built into the game, so no way to change that.
You could increase SG_DOCK_STORAGE_FACTOR in types/Globals.txt (extracted from 04.cat/dat). Using 6 instead of 0 increases the storage to 60000 ecells (and 18 IBLs instead of 2 :))

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 02:21

ThomasAH wrote:
Cycrow wrote:the limit is built into the game, so no way to change that.
You could increase SG_DOCK_STORAGE_FACTOR in types/Globals.txt (extracted from 04.cat/dat). Using 6 instead of 0 increases the storage to 60000 ecells (and 18 IBLs instead of 2 :))
but something like that cant be done via a script ;)

so its beyond the abilties of this script.

and im not going to add a mod file for something like that, as it will introduce incompatabilties which i dont want to do.

of course, anyone can make the change themselves if they wanted

Vinnie_NL
x4

Post by Vinnie_NL » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 00:35

Thanks ThomasAH,
but I prefer not to mod the game files, just for the reasons Cycrow mentioned, and that if this script can be updated so it uses a docked TS/TL as cargospace expansion using this costs me extra ships, which feels better than using a cheat. And if it can be done the script's usability is much better, so more players benefit from it. Also because installing a script is much easier to do than change the actual game files. Most people don't know how to do that I think.

Fith

Post by Fith » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 10:32

Love the current script, this post is just some thoughts. :?

Other race Shipyard + Equipment docks are easier to use than you own PHQ + EqD.

At a Race Shipyard you buy multiple ships and equip in one go. Despite the Race EqD only showing 2 sheild/weapons etc, you can buy 2 of them for each ship.

For PHQ + Shipyard you have solved the Ship Equipment problem but the Wares and Upgrades continue. The EqD will hold quite a few 1/5 Mj sheilds to load out a fighter wing, but not enough 25Mj+ sheilds or weapons for that matter. So we are still juggling (or using your cheat script)

:roll: So my thought was, add 'storage' some how to the EqD, so that it holds enough weapons / shields that we have bought / produced and delivered.
Adapt your 'Upgrades' cheat so that the EqD can offer full service. Then add the available wares / upgrades at the EqD to your loading menu. Maybe add a small cost in material / $$$ for the fitting/production of equipment and you have a really useful EqD managent system.

:roll: Second thought, can the script be added to the PHQ that already has greater storage.

If this is confusing, its because I haven't had a second cup of tea yet. :oops:

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 13:47

Fith wrote:
:roll: Second thought, can the script be added to the PHQ that already has greater storage.
You might want to check out Player Workships by Pelador then. It adds upgrade capability to PHQ's.

Fith

Post by Fith » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 16:40

Troubleshooter11 wrote:You might want to check out Player Workships by Pelador then. It adds upgrade capability to PHQ's.
Thanks for pointing that out. I would not have looked in Ship Upgrades for a dockside script. :D

jernau11
x3tc

Post by jernau11 » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 23:53

This script seems to be having some problems on my system. I currently have an Equiptment dock with [Research Halted] [Researching 24%] right next to its name. It looks like it gets confused and creates a second research que. I'm running 2.1 with CAG PSG and EST installed.

MarioBr0

Post by MarioBr0 » Sat, 31. Oct 09, 13:03

hi,

look interesting but i am not sure if its gonna help me.

I m using the Auto-prepair-ships script (by ThisisHarsh) to upgrade and install equipment on my ships. its a real releave!! its sends all ships u put on the upgrade list to a race EquipmentDock were they buy cargospace rudder optimalisation n engine tuning. then a special assigned ships goes jumping around the univers sending drones to other race EQD's to buy all needed software upgrades. (after that its configures the commands of the new ships and goes get shield and weapons from my stock and deliver them.) FULL preparation with a verry vew clicking and commanding all those ships.

how ever i assume that one and this research-script wont really compliment each other. or will they?

the idea would be to have the autoprep script recognize the availabillity of all the opgrades on my own EQ. this way i could ignorge the need of a race EQD ISS for the autoprep script and do theopperation with my own EQD in an save unkown sector.

anyone have an idea? would that maybe work with the other mentioned playerworshop script? hmmm

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”