[BONUS Plug-In] Trade Command Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

barracuda231

Sector Traders issue????

Post by barracuda231 » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 23:15

hi

i have 5 mercuries that i want to make sector traders but they wont do it, the commands for trading and using the jumpdrive are not in the menus????

they have installed@

3x 25mj shields
jumpdrive
Trade software m2
lots of crystals

im playing x2 with bonus pack and lvs cheat pack

any ideas????

{Merge to relevant thread. jlehtone}

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 23:59

Hey,
barracuda231 wrote:they have installed@

3x 25mj shields
jumpdrive
Trade software m2
lots of crystals
They must have installed the trading software mk3 (see this threads title ;)), which adds the current command "start sector trader".
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 00:05

thanks but where do i get it, i went to terracorp but it was not there????

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 00:09

That's strange. Are you sure that everything works correct with the installation of the BP?
The mk3-Software should be also available at a few teladi equipment docks. If you didn't find it at the teladi equipment docks, just try to save and reload your game a few times and the mk3-trading software will appear at the teladi eq docks, too. Once you can buy the software at an eq dock, it stays there for the rest of the game.

If that doesn't work you should check if anything goes wrong while installation of the Bonuspack.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 00:28

no i have loaded my game 5 times and still no sign of it.

is there a way i can check in game if the bonus pack was installed properly??

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 19:34

barracuda231 wrote:is there a way i can check in game if the bonus pack was installed properly??
You could open the script editor and check if the current scripts for the mk3-software (plugin.autotrade.XXXX) are there, but that causes a modified-tag.
The easiest way is probably to run the BP-Installation again (check if the Mk3-Software is choosen in the installer) and check if the installation path shows your X2 Installation folder.

barracuda231

ranks in names??

Post by barracuda231 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 11:37

hi

it says in the instructions that the traders shows there names and ranks, where do they show these???

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 12:29

i have installed version 1.4 and reset my traders to sector trading as advised, however there is still no pilot name or rank anywhere????

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 13:33

It should appear on the ship info screen. Right at the very top. There should be a pilot name, rank and rank number (1-24)
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 13:39

when i set them to sector traders no name or rank appears. however when i made one of them a universal trader, the name and rank did appear????

i got a message saying my trader could not be a universal trader yet. thats fine. whats weird is this, it said trader is level 6, trade runs done 0, profit made 0???

how can he be level 6 if he has made no money????

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 13:57

Probably because you stopped the command. I think that resets his balance sheets, so to speak.

Also, when you 1st start a Trader, he will have no rank number (I think) just the word "apprentice" before his name. Although I may be wrong.

Another also: Your pilot cannot become a Universe Trader until a minimum of level 8 (I think!) Although I never started Universe Traders until they were level 10.

Have you even read the info? I'm sure all the above is in the Bonus Pack readme. In fact I'm 110% sure it is!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:14

there is nothing in the readme about the name and rank not being displayed. i set them to sector traders but no name or rank is displayed.

thanks for the help but im just going to uninstall it anyway, its to much hassel.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:21

Too much hassle??? :lol:

Oh well, your loss mate!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 14:30

The trade runs mean if his command his stopped his trade runs will restart but not his rank.

jason christersson
x3

mk3 help please

Post by jason christersson » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 19:52

i got the bonus package and need to know if i need to do anything to get the universial trader to work cause it says i am the piolt of the ship and no lvl stuff can anyone help

{Merged. jlehtone}

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 20:16

Hey,

first of all the mk3-trader can only be started in one of your ships, in which you're not sitting at the moment. Second thing is, that you need to start the sector trader. Once the sector reached level 8, you can start the universe trader.

jason christersson
x3

Post by jason christersson » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 20:46

how do i know what lvl they are at i have all the soft ware and have it installed so i just have to wait or do i need to go into the script editor cause i got a new comp and had to start a new game

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 21:10

jason christersson wrote:how do i know what lvl they are
The level is shown as a number after the name of the Mk3-trader.
jason christersson wrote:so i just have to wait
You have to start the command in the command console of the current ship under "trade".

jason christersson
x3

Post by jason christersson » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 21:23

im kinda dumb. lol but the piolts name is julian same as all my other ships. i bought the mk3 while i wasnt in the ship i put it to sector trade(r), and let it run. confused to why my name is the piolt do i need to go and do anything special to the game via folders?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 22:03

What if you stop the ship and then start the "Sector Trader" again?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”