[MOD] Basic M6 Upgraded (v1.1 - 23/06/2009)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ezra-r
x4

[MOD] Basic M6 Upgraded (v1.1 - 23/06/2009)

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 17:59

Version: 1.1 [23/June/2009] Tested with X3:TC 2.1
Basic M6 Upgraded MOD - NEW VERSION COMING when X3TC - 2.7 is released!!!!]

No new start required

Code: Select all

This mod is free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you give credit in your topic/mod/script 

[ external image ]

Role:

M6's are unbalanced right now, they turn slow, are not agile, and most have small cargo capacity with few turets or higher number of turrets with increased cargo capacity, which from a certain point of view does not roleplay that well and unbalance the equation, they also have not much shielding or weapons compared to their heavy counter parts and are easy to kill by a few M3's not to mention cap ships or Heavy M6's, leaving them completely obsolete in most cases.

Since the heavy versions have been released, ships like the Boron Hydra or the Osprey, or even the dragon have been mostly abandoned and they are rarely bought as they were already rarely bought.

With this mod ALL base M6's have been upgraded in speed, cargo bay and turning rate and rebalanced between each other to fill different roles, so you wont always buy a Centaur, or a Dragon, you will see the Hydra, Nemesis, despite their limited turret numbers are a good choice too.

Heavy versions will be the choice for firepower and shielding, like M6 Tanks most of those are untouched, Base M6's are now faster and more agile with bigger cargo bays.

You will soon find out that you want to buy any and all types of M6's for the different types of wings you may be planning.

Now the roles are clear:
Base M6 are more "Interceptor like" while the Heavy versions focus on shielding and firepower.

M6's Changed:
P
Hydra
Heavy Hydra (to level it with the other heavies)
Nemesis
Dragon
Centaur
Osprey
Pirate Marauder Hauler
Pirate Centaur
Pirate Osprey
Yaki Washi Hauler
Katana (increased manuverability, although not as much as the base M6's, and cargo space (for ammo).

----

Installation:

The distribution of this little mod comes as a false patch, you just have to add the .cat and .dat file in your X3 Directory and rename them to the last number available of files of the same extensions, for instance if your last number is 9.dat 9.cat you have to rename these to 10.cat and .dat, alright?

files included:
lastnumber.cat
lastnumber.dat
readme.txt (this file)

----

Incompatibilities:

If you have any other mods that touch Tships they are incompatible with this mod unless the changes are merged.

--------
Recommended Tools

If you like the changes but would like to modify some of them to your needs/play style, you can easily do with the help of doubleshadow's tools: X3 Editor 2 and X-Mod Manager.
http://x-tools.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

Thx to doubleshadow. Without his tools this mod would have not been possible.

--------------
Recommended MODS

I use this along with my Increased Pirate Presence MOD and M6's are not that weaklings any more:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249749

-------------

Disclaimer:

Make backup of your saves and please don't blame me if something terribly wrong happens to your game, Im just a part-time modder.

If by any chance you want to share this mod or include it in your own mod, please let me know.

Enjoy!

ezra-r
Last edited by ezra-r on Tue, 11. May 10, 19:06, edited 18 times in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 19:58

Would you mind not writing the whole post in yellow? That's quite hard to read on a basic white background.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 20:24

Gazz wrote:Would you mind not writing the whole post in yellow? That's quite hard to read on a basic white background.

White background? I guess you're not using the default black/dark grey board colors? ;)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 20:32

Yeah, subSilver.

It's boring but easier on my eyes and it works on pretty much all PHP forums.

I even had my own forum style once - on another forum - but I doubt it's still current. =)
Only optimised for contrast and eye-friendlyness. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 20:35

alright, changing..

although mixing with black..

let me know if it is still very annoying.

homerdog
x3tc

Post by homerdog » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 19:16

With this mod will we see AI M6s actually using their front batteries?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 23:03

homerdog wrote:With this mod will we see AI M6s actually using their front batteries?
their turning rate has been greatly increased so they will surely use them much more.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 13:20

Hello, are all ships updated after loading a savegame or do I have to start a new game?
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 15:18

in my tests I had no trouble updating a previous existing game (I play with this upgrade), all existing M6 ships get upgraded.

No need for new start ;)

Let me know what you think, there is an interesting debate on M6 role.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Fri, 19. Jun 09, 15:31

Thanks for the info. I will let you know my opinion, but I am glad someone made M6s the way they should be. Especially when I started to play X2 as well, where M6s are really useful pieces of hardware :-)
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

T. C.
x4

Post by T. C. » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 21:40

Hi

I have installed this as instructed by changing to next cat & dat. But when I go run the game my Centar changes to a Kestral. Can you help?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 00:02

T. C. wrote:Hi

I have installed this as instructed by changing to next cat & dat. But when I go run the game my Centar changes to a Kestral. Can you help?
I didnt change scene references at all, Im afraid what you are suffering is caused by something else, in any case, just remove the files you just added and see if things go back to normal.

Are you installing over another mod?

T. C.
x4

Post by T. C. » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 00:28

Hi

Thanks for answering so quickly, I did remove the two files and all went back to normal. With the upgrade installed I did try and buy a new Centar and this showed normal and with the upgrade. As for a mod not sure this is what I have installed and tried so far:-

Updated 1.1 to 1.4
Installed plugin manager.
Installed EMP into the scripts etc folders.
Activaled DMA and npc bailing.
Installed SalvageClaimSoftware-V1.00 & SCS3
Installed 1.4 to 2.00, 06/04/09.
Installed JKD.
Installed Dockts.
Installed Marine Repairs
Updated 2.0 to 2.1
Upgraded M6 u/g cat & dat 09

Thanks again,

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 23. Jun 09, 03:54

I think I found the issue, it seems some ID's got messed while copy pasting ships with the T File Editor, these could provoke unpextected behaviour :S

I corrected the issue, the download link points now to an updated version. All ID's and ship Types should match vanilla now.

Version 1.1

Corrected ID's in Tships file.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 16:45

Any chance you would add more turrets to either corvette subclass?

Ive always liked the idea of dedicated anti-fighter / anti M7 corvettes M6's.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 17:38

eldyranx3 wrote:Any chance you would add more turrets to either corvette subclass?

Ive always liked the idea of dedicated anti-fighter / anti M7 corvettes M6's.

My goal was to help M6's be faster, more agile, and I think I have done it in a very balanced way, adding turrets would involve much thinking and tweaking and right now I do not have the time or the ideas to make it perfect.

But I welcome you to try, you can even use the Tships I provide in the mod as the base and edit it with X3 Editor from doubleshadow, it can be really fun ;)

--

edit: anyways, this mod just changes basic M6, shouldnt be heavy versions the ones in charge of that you want?

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 17:51

can you please make a list of the new ships stats? And will it only affect the newly purchased ones or also the ones already posessed? Pity the Hyperion Vanguard is not listed. I've recently bought it to replace my Normandy as my personal ship but the very slow speed mean that even if I use the overtuning it takes loads of time and money. I currently have my normandy at 300% = 750m/s and I want my Hyperion Vanguard to get close to that, which I calculated it would cost me about 150mils just for the overtuning itself. I want to get it to 777m/s which is 460%. I know it is sort of cheating, but I like my personal ship to be fast.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 19:42

One of the reasons I didnt publish them in the thread was to let the player experience with them and test them, as there are some clear advantages in using ones or others depending on what you want from your M6, but "basically" Basic M6's have been changed in speed, cargo cap and manuverability so they can react more agressively and use front guns more often.

That I increased their speed means the faster basic M6 you will find (not counting SpringBlossom which I didnt want to touch), can reach 208m/s and that one precisely is not so easy to get ;)

About Hyperion Vanguard, and your normandy, Hyperion is already a very unbalanced ship in terms of firepower and having an M6 (your normandy) going at 750m/s is totally overkill. What can a little hydra do to you if you go at that speed?

My intention has been to be faithful to egosoft balancing spirit and improve it for basic M6's who have been obsolete even more since heavy M6's appeared.

What you are asking for is not want I wanted to share sorry.

I encourage you to use X3 Editor 2 from doubleshadow and change the ship stats to your needs, although allow me this friendly advice, you are killing your game making it too easy with those stats you want.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 21:51

As far as I know, the mod will apply to all OOS M6 ships. Just jump in an unaltered ship (M5, ect) and fly to another sector to assure that all ships are updated.

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Tue, 11. May 10, 05:26

Mmm now if there was a way to not feel like you were flying an M6 from the rear of a stretch limo.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”