downloads question?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

reaper0475
x3tc

downloads question?

Post by reaper0475 » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 14:24

Hello sirs, newcommer reaper0475 here. Hello to all the egosoft community.

I just have a question regarding the additionnal downloads proposed for X3TC: I own a copy I have bought from amazon.co.uk just prior to it's release (So I'm guessing it's version 1.01) and I would like to update to version 2.1 (I'm guessing the aldrin missions are also in 2.1), yet to all the proposed downloads (including the older patches), I always have a yellow question mark (no green sign) indicating this patch is probably not compatible.

Could anyone help me as far as that is concerned?

regards.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 14:29

Hello reaper0475 and welcome. The green mark system has never worked for me either. When you start up your current game, the screen with the start options and the in-space station moving display should show your current game version in one of the corners. Download the patch from that to 2.1. Good gaming to you!

reaper0475
x3tc

Post by reaper0475 » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 18:24

Ah i see, problem is so far i secure and collecto more than I buy: This means that i buy all the space sims I can find (even the few recent ones) to play them in the future even though my computer isn't powerful enough to run them, so I've never even started X3TC. :P

But since it was one of the first retail versions (even though I live in france, I like my games in english, so I buy them via amazon.co.uk), so I'm guessing it's V1.01

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 19:27

In that case, browse your game DVD root directory for the icon called Setup, this should be followed by Setup X3TerranConflictx.xx EGOSOFT where x.xx is the version number on the DVD.

reaper0475
x3tc

Post by reaper0475 » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 20:32

Ok, I'll do it ASAP.

Many thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”