[TC] Treasure Hunt Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mizzle
x3tc

Treasure Hunt Walkthrough

Post by Mizzle » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 17:40

Warning:
This will just give you the answers. If you are just a bit stuck then I suggest you look at one of the hint threads. This is mostly a thinking mission so if you use this walkthrough it will be pretty boring. If you just want the reward though:

To start the mission you will need to:
-Explore at least 92 Sectors
-Play for at least 10 mins with the 2.1 patch installed
-Be in an Argon or Boron Sector

To do the mission you will need:
-50,000 Cr
-A Mobile Drilling System or a couple of missiles which can destroy station-class asteroids
-A Mineral Scanner
-Cargo Life-Support System
-An Advanced Satellite
-A reasonably fast ship (you will be doing a lot of travelling) which can fight off some Xenon.

Notes:
-Coordinates are given in km in the format x,y,z. To fly to coordinates go to the Autopilot Command Console (Shit+C) and select Navigation -> Move to Position. Use the numpad to select a position (the coords you have selected are in the bottom-right) and the press Enter. The autopilot will then fly towards that position. A lot of the hints have the coordinates at the end (after the name).
-To view the current clue you need to look at the mission breifing.

The Start:
Spoiler
Show
When you meet the requirements you will get a message saying the Yaki stole a Colossus. When you get this message, start looking in the pirate sectors around Brennan's Triumph for a station with the blue book icon (it's random). Talk to the Teladi and he'll sell you some information for 50,000 Cr. Accept his offer and follow the mission guidance to Weaver's Tempest and find a Susanowa Prototype called "Trouble Maker" with a lightbulb icon. Fly towards it and comm it a couple of times - you will be ignored. Your mission should then update telling you to destroy the Advanced Satellite and one of the Lasertowers. Do so and you'll get a message saying you can have the hint if you replace the satellite. Get as close as you can to the Navigational Beacon and then eject the Satellite from your cargo bay. You will then be given the first hint.
Hint One:
Spoiler
Show
The hint wants you to go one sector across and five down from Kingdom End. This is Ore Belt, and the next hint is inside an asteroid. The coordinates are given at the end of the hint (10,5,54). Head towards this asteroid and the mission will update. Blow it open with the Drilling System/Missile and collect the Data Storage Device. This gives you Hint 2.
Hint Two:
Spoiler
Show
The Foundation Guild HQ is in the sector description of The Hole. The answer is 4 jumps so it wants you to go to sector 4,3 which is Bala Gi's Joy. Head over to the coordinates given (25,1,50) and collect the Data Storage Device which is just floating in space.
Hint Three:
Spoiler
Show
Xenon Sector 347 (between Scale Plate Green and Eighteen Billion) is the one you want. There is a container at 90,0,0. When you get close to it, a load of Figher Drones (MK I & II) will spawn and when you destroy all of those the Data Storage Device will appear where the container was. If you're having trouble destroying them, you can just run away and wait for them to run out of energy.
Hint Four:
Spoiler
Show
The sector with four suns is Akeela's Beacon. There are seven Navigational Beacons in the sector. Six of them spawn Xenon and one of them jumps you directly to the Data Storage Device when you get near it. I think the beacons are positioned randomly so you'll just have to look around.
Hint Five:
Spoiler
Show
The anagram is 'Savage Spur'. The Data Storage Device is floating in space at 5,-30,67: behind three asteroids which are seperate from the rest.
Hint Six:
Spoiler
Show
The place where it all began is Seizewell (where you started in X-BTF). Following the directions from there reveals that the sector you want is President's End. Head over to the coordinates given to you (26,11,49) and collect the Data Storage Device.
Hint Seven:
Spoiler
Show
You need to follow the sequence of numbers through the text - start with the 7th word, then go on another 5, and so on. If you do this it reads "Sector two jumps North of home of light" - so head over to Herron's Nebula and the Data Storage Device is at the coordinates given (0,50,0).
Hint Eight:
Spoiler
Show
This hint refers to Rhonkar's Clouds. You'll just need to scan asteroids (with the mineral scanner) until you find the one with the Data Storage Device in it because the asteroid is positioned randomly, but luckily it's a small sector so this is much easier than Akeela's Beacon. When you find the asteroid, bust it open and collect the device just like you did in Ore Belt.
Finding the Ship:
Spoiler
Show
Looking at the map in the mission screen, the green sector is Xenon Sector 101. There is ship debris at -10,10,-70. It should be fairly easy to spot as it's a pretty empty sector (apart from all the Xenon). Once you get within about 5km the mission will update telling you to scan it. If you get close enough (about 500m away?) to the ship debris, "scanning" will appear at the bottom of the screen. Wait for it to finish and the Xperimental shuttle will appear. You need to capture it (make the pilot bail) but this is not hard because the ship is invincible (can't go below 93% hull) so you can shoot at it as much as you want. Once the pilot has bailed, you'll need to collect him and take him to the Shipyard at Argon Prime (you can't claim the Shuttle so just leave it there). When you do you will be told to wait while they interrogate him. Just wait for a little while on SETA and you will get a message.

Because a few people are having trouble with this: when the Teladi attacks you, it can change your ship's IFF settings. If all Teladi have suddenly turned red, press shift+c, scroll down to the bottom and change Teladi back to friend.
The End:
Spoiler
Show
You will get a message telling you to go and rescue the crew from a pirate TL. Follow the mission guidance to find it and then you have to keep its shields down and stay close (Less than 4km?) so the crew can transport over. The ship is indestructable so 'keeping the shields down' can just be blasting it with everything you have. Once all seven crew are in your ship, jump back to the Argon Prime shipyard and you will be given the Xperimental Shuttle (It is docked at the Shipyard).
Thanks to Carlo the Curious for the starting requirements and to Allan F, Vlad Zet, Ketraar and Graphil for coordinates and corrections.
Last edited by Mizzle on Sat, 18. Jul 09, 19:23, edited 7 times in total.

BlkKnight

Post by BlkKnight » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 17:57

Thank you
i7-920
GA-EX58-UD5
6x 1gb DDR3 1600 hz OCZ
1 x Dell Perc 6/i
4 x Samsung HD103UJ 1TB (raid 5)
1 x WD VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS
Force3d 4870 512MB PCI-E
Dell Perc 6/i RAID project

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 18:00

Dont forget that the TL will be boardable AFTER the crew have been rescued. I sure can make good use of an Albatross for warehouse.

danros
x3tc

Post by danros » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 19:29

Yes, boardable but disappear when you leave sector Savage Spur and dock to shipyard in Argon Prime :P

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 01:34

Yeah, mine disappeared too :-(

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 05:05

Hint 6: The coordinates are wrong. The right coords are 26,11,49 - now fixed
Last edited by Allan F on Sat, 13. Jun 09, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 08:03

How many Crew Members are there in the Last mission?

WarChicken
x3tc

Post by WarChicken » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 08:12

Seven Passangers.
They will aoutomatically be transportet to your ship one after another when the TLs Shields are down, and you're near enough.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 08:20

Hmmm, assuming the passengers take up 6 slots each (now being 42 slots), I think the Fang (Adv. Persius) should be able to handle this.

Thank you.

Hitman xXx

Post by Hitman xXx » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 09:02

more woundering how u get this mission. I do not remember seeing it. I got 2.0 can ya give mission thing were you can start it.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 09:30

First: Patch to 2.1. It came with that patch. 2.0a doesn't have it.

Then: Get a Moderately high Ranking with the Argon. (unknown to me if there is any other pre-req)

Finally: Cruise thru any Argon Sector.

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 09:38

How do you kill all drones in hint 3 where I go to Xenon 347, there were too many even they kick my Hyperion ass. PBE didnt help much either.

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 10:02

I just jumped back to the gate and they were gone (energy used up) by the time I got back to the area of the package.

Navaros
x4

Post by Navaros » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 19:29

The coordinates hint 7?

Thank you.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 20:54

The easiest way to get all beacons in Hint 4 is to Map Sector at range 90 and starting each time at different height. 0,0,0 -> 0,40,0 -> 0,-40,0.

My final beacon was right at the centre of the sector but -53 at Y axis. No way I'd find it without methodical explorer software approach.

Bring Kestrel!
Where is it?

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 20:58

If you fly off the map long enough (like in a Kestrel), eventually all objects on the map will become visible.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 21:38

I still can't find the pirate station with the mission icon to start this. I've flown through every pirate sector and i know the mission has been activated as i got the stolen M1 message.

xenbast
x4

Post by xenbast » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 22:11

I have found that the Teladi you talk to can spawn in any of the Psectors between Hativaihs<sp> Faith and Bala Gi Joy. I got the book icon appear at a massom mill station in hativiah's faith that lead to the first hint.
Anyone see where I parked my Nova? Man, it's going to get messy in this spacesuit.

mcflurey667
x3tc

Post by mcflurey667 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 01:16

hi all, im a bit confused i went to ore belt, went to the co-ordinates and betty said scanning then it showed me it was made of like 76% nividium 14% ore 9% ice and 1% unknown materials so i mobile drilled it and there was no data device :? do i have to blow up all the little chunks to find it ? cheers in advance :)
Glory Be To The Sajuuk Khar

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 01:18

You probably hit a wrong asteroid... Device was in there after I hit mine with a Hornet.
Where is it?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”