[1.3] Transport sold for mission keeps homebase

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Sandalpocalypse
x4

[1.3] Transport sold for mission keeps homebase

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 09:30

I accepted a mission to deliver a split TS in the sector Bluish Snout. I had a complex nearby that used a number of Caiman Tankers (speed being valuable owing to the pirate and xenon threats), so I used one of them. It was accepted and the mission completed. However, the transport still shows up in my complexs owned ships list.

(on a side note, I do think having sold ships fly around is really awesome; i did a doubletake the first time I saw a fighter I named flying around with some crappy boron at the controls)
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 09:57

Okay not sure if this is related or not but now i have about 20 NPC freighters in that stations owned ship list. I'm pretty sure they wernt there an hour ago.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 10:40

Are you using any scripts ?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 12:57

Yes. I wrote over the save so I haven't been able to try and reproduce it without scripts running.

Update: The bajillion NPC freighters are now squatting my complex hub, preventing my ships from landing. Jerks.

AndreyCh

Post by AndreyCh » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 16:52

The same problem, the same situation.
Before the problem I sold one freighter (owned by my complex) to NPC and this freighter remains "owned". At first it was the only "owned" NPC freighter in the list. I thought it is temporary. After that I have added some stations to the complex.
At the moment I detected the problem there was about 370 NPCs in the "Owned Ships" list. And the quantity did not change.
Right after I have added one more station to my complex, it's become 1762 NPCs in "Owned Ships" list.
So, I suppose, NPCs are added to Owned List when I add station to complex and there are some "owned" NPCs already.

I can send the save file to developers. Version 1.4 (game begin - 1.3), no scripts.

AndreyCh

Post by AndreyCh » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 14:42

Updated the game to 2.0a. No changes. :cry:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 16:47

On ships which you've already given away as part of a mission, or on new ships as well?

AndreyCh

Post by AndreyCh » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 23:36

2.0a: New NPC ships appears in my complex "Owned Ships" list. Old NPC ships did not vanish.

I will try to explain once more from the beginning, step by step.
- I have a complex.
- I assigned 3 freighters to the complex (I don't remember whether freighters was bought at the shipyard or from NPCs).
- I sold one of the freighters to NPC. From that moment this freighter is not owned by me, but it is present in the complex "Owned Ships" list and is owned by NPC.
- V.1.4: After I have added some stations to the complex, I noticed that there are hundreds of NPC's ships in my complex "Owned Ships" list. Exactly there are 370 NPC ships (white) and 2 my ships (green).
[savegame is made at this point]
- V.1.4 and v.2.0a: At the moment I add one more station to the complex it's become 1762 ships in the list (1760 NPC ships and 2 my ships). New 1390 NPC ships appears right when I add the station to the complex. They appears in the sectors with shipyards and moves to my complex like several swarms.

After some time these swarms forms one BIG swarm. It is like a cloud with a complex in the center.
I suppose the most appropriate name for this bug should be "freighters invasion".

AndreyCh

Post by AndreyCh » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 07:30

Updated the game to 2.1. No changes again. :(

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 19:17

Activate the self destruct and hope the NPC's don't undock (dunno if you would get a rep hit though). Granted it can be a pain to reconnect everything but if solves the NPC issue.....they can't be assigned to a complex that doesn't exist anymore, perhaps.

AndreyCh

Post by AndreyCh » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 23:48

Thanks for the advice. But there are too many NPC's. All of them can not be docked at the same time. And remaining NPC's reassigns to remaining stations.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 13. Jun 09, 00:28

You know this reminds me of an old TC post. The player (can't remember who) had this sort of issue in Antigone Memorial (I think) where they were having a similar NPC issue. Apparently they had some several thousand fighters (NPC) in the sector (a complex was involved, IIRC) and the number of NPC's was increasing by the minute which was making the game unplayable. Don't recall if it was ever resolved since the two main reactions to the thread were "A. Laugh" followed by "B. WTF did you do to your game?".

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”