[MOD] Advanced Complex-Hub [2.0-beta.1]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

[MOD] Advanced Complex-Hub [2.0-beta.1]

Post by Saetan » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 09:29

Advanced Complex-Hub (Update: 2009-04-30 05:30PM CET)

[ external image ] [ external image ]

It's permitted to non-commercial redistribute this modification. It's also permitted to modify this modification and to non-commercially distribute that modded modification. Each under the additional terms of naming the original author and also linking to the original topic of the modification.

Description
This modification replaces the complex-hub with a modified one, which has an internal hangar for fighters and two docks for capital ships. By using of this modification every complex-hub gets replaced, even the already built ones. But only new built Complex-Hubs will recognize the new docks.

The docking of capital ships while "In Sector" can take a while and need some manouvres. So the regular supply by TS-freighters is still adviced.

[ external image ]

Install
The install of this modification is supposed to be by fake-patch. You can unpack the .zip into your ³:TC homedirectory.

If there is already a 08.cat/.dat, it is supposed to unpack the .zip into a temporary direcotry of your choice. After that find the highest number of .cat/.dat in your X³:TC homedirectory. This number + 1 is supposed to be the new name of the unpacked 08.cat/.dat of my modification. After renaming them, you have to move them into your X³:TC homedirectory.

It's adviced to fly to a sector with no complexes or complex-hubs before the installation of this modification. Undocking the ships "Out of Sector" from a complex-hub shouldn't be necessary, but can be done in a doubtful case.

Deinstall
To uninstall this modification fly to a sector without any complex-hubs and undock every problematic ship (e.g. capital ships or internally docked fighters) from every complex-hub. After that delete the .cat and .dat of this modification.

Use of the new docking possibilities at already built complex-hubs
Complex-hubs already built before the installation of this mod won't be able to use the new docking possibilities. If you want to use this new possibilities, you have to extend your existing complex the following way:

First build at least two new stations, which should get added to your complex later. After that join this new stations to a new complex and place the hub at a suitable position. After that join this new complex with your old one. It is important that you choose the new complex-hub first and the old one as second. The new complex-hub will now be the hub of your complex, the old one disappeared.

If you use the Factory Complex Constructor by -Dusty-, you can directly place the new complex-hub. Then join it with your complex like described above.

Else you have to destroy your complex and join him again or to miss the new docking possibilities at your old complexes.

Notes
Stationscenes and -bodyfiles seem not to contain a signature. So this modification shouldn't force you to a modified. But because my savegames are already *modified* I can't garantuee that.

Attention! These modified complex-hubs have changed flying route for docking ships. Freigthers are now also docking from above. Because of the capital docks these complex-hubs also need more space in front of the station.

Compatibility
This modification is without adjustments incompatible to modifications, which modify one of the following files:
  • .\objects\cut\04906.bod
  • .\objects\v\10523.bod
This modification is done by modifying files from X³:TC 2.0. Because of the modded files it should be compatible with any version of X³:TC.

Known Bugs
- none

Changelog
2.0-beta.1: First Release

Download
[ external image ]

Advanced Complex-Hub 2.0-beta.1 (outdated link)
Zip2Spk-converted-Version by FalconGrey (no support or any guarantee by myself)

Links
SaDiablo Modification Development

Edit: added alternative xdownload download link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Saetan on Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:30, edited 13 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 09:44

How many docks of each size are available with this mod ?

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 09:45

Awesome!! I'll try this out once I have a chance to play again. Nice Job, Saetan! :)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 09:51

apricotslice wrote:How many docks of each size are available with this mod ?
Like the original complex-hub by egosoft, this hub has place for up to twenty ships of class TS or similar. In addition there are two docks for capital ships (undocking backwards like in PHQ or my Terraformer-Hub BugFix) and a internal dock for fighters ... as far as I know, there is no limit for internal docking.

One thing to the internal docking ... I only found place for one undocking-slot ... that means, "In Sector" it takes quite a while to undock some fighters (e.g. for defending the complex) because there can only start one at the same time. While "Out of Sector" there seems to be no limit in undocking ships at the same time.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 20:55

Thank you! It is been hard to get things for my TL to complex.... I will put this to use right away....
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 23:57

I just found out ... don't know anymore why I though, it would work that way ... that only new build complex hubs will recognize the new docks.

The old ones will have the new models, but capital ships won't dock and no internal hangar will be used.

--- edit ---
See the description in the first post, how to solve this problem.

Cvok
x3

Post by Cvok » Sat, 30. May 09, 13:07

Thx a lot, i love this script.

It's great that i can dock my capital ships to ressuply stations...

Only flaw i found is that with doking Yaki Ryu, it has large construction on it's forward part which colides with new hub... so when you try to undock it IS the ship goes BOOM, OOS works fine.
Vanilla OOS combat - The way to the hell, but only for player owned ships!! :(

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 30. May 09, 15:24

Nice.

I stole Armageddon's extended hub from the Reunion mod, replacing all the hubs with it.

I may use yours instead, I like the 2 capital docking clamps more than 1. :)

Rathion
x3tc

Post by Rathion » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 09:22

By using of this modification every complex-hub gets replaced, even the already built ones. But only new built Complex-Hubs will recognize the new docks.
I'm just getting back into scripting and I rather like this one, but the above statement is very misleading to me.

Does this mean that the new docking system works, but visually the hub is the same?

Can I "chain" hubs together and thereby replace the primary docking hub in order to get this new hub?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 09:26

No, it means that existing docks will look like the new one, but only have the standard docks on it working. In otherwords, all the extra docks added will not function, even though you can see them. The game wont know they exist, because such things are only recorded when they are created.

Install mod
Add new complex hub - this will have full mod functionality.

You cannot chain hubs together. There can only be 1 hub per complex.

Rathion
x3tc

Post by Rathion » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 09:32

Thanks Apricot,

By "chain" I mean having a normal hub, then if you have a station too far away to add to it, you use a CCK to make another hub and put that within range of the normal hub. Then you use another CCK to combine them.

Does that actually count as building a new hub? or will I have to Self Destruct it and start over?
First build at least two new stations, which should get added to your complex later. After that join this new stations to a new complex and place the hub at a suitable position. After that join this new complex with your old one. It is important that you choose the new complex-hub first and the old one as second. The new complex-hub will now be the hub of your complex, the old one disappeared.
I guess I answered my own question... and failed to read this part of Saetan's post :)

/fail
Last edited by Rathion on Fri, 12. Jun 09, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 09:41

You can only have 1 hub on 1 complex.

The moment you join 2 hubs, the second one is destroyed, and the first one you select remains as the single hub.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 10:16

Rathion wrote:/fail
Hi Rathion

Fail? Do you mean, the above by yourself quoted description didn't work for you?

Greetings,
Saetan

Rathion
x3tc

Post by Rathion » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 10:27

No I meant that I failed at trying to figure it out on my own hehe

This is one of the best scripts in my opinion.

It didn't make sense to me that a Complex Hub wouldn't allow all ship types to dock considering how massive complexes can be.

I'd like to be able to get a new complex up and running by sending a TL to various sectors saturated in needed goods, and having TS ships ferrying to the TL till it is full. Then just docking the TL and unloading enough to max out the resources. It seems tedious having to order all the TS ships around but I only want to do this to get the complex started off, then the AI traders or looped stations keep it stocked.

Sure, I could get the "teleport goods from a TL+ to station and back" script but that would feel like cheating.

vizerei
x3tc

Post by vizerei » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 12:40

I love the idea for this mod.

However, when I copy the .cat/.dat files to my directory and attempt to load a saved game I get the "Save game may be corrupt" error. When I remove your mod, my save games load fine. Any idea why this is?

I'm running this on steam so definitely the latest patch. Also running a bunch of other mods like the Terraformer Hub fix, Complex Cleaner, MARS, and maybe 1 or 2 other insignificant mods (can't remember what they were)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 13:02

Do you already have complexes in your game?

If so, I'd say it's a case of the game trying to put the new complex hub in place of the old one, thus causing the corrupt error, especially if you're in sector with one.

The same can happen when tinkering with ship scenes.

I was planning on installing this, but I didn't want to dismantle my three huge complexes to do so.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 18:14

vizerei wrote:However, when I copy the .cat/.dat files to my directory and attempt to load a saved game I get the "Save game may be corrupt" error. When I remove your mod, my save games load fine. Any idea why this is?
Hi vizerei

When you load your savegame after the install, are you in a sector with a complex? If so, fly to a sector without any complexes ... then it should work fine. That was the only case I could find to get the corrupted-error.

See also the install-description in the first post.
Saetan wrote:It's adviced to fly to a sector with no complexes or complex-hubs before the installation of this modification. Undocking the ships "Out of Sector" from a complex-hub shouldn't be necessary, but can be done in a doubtful case.
Also be aware of the old complexes. They are technical compatible without any limitations, but won't get the new docking posibilities by themselves. Also see for further information the first posting of this topic.

Greetings, Saetan

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 12:02

Is this compatible with 2.5?

And second thank you very much for this.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 16:49

Hi

It's compliant, as only the stationmodel and -scene got changed.

Best regards,
Saetan

G-Wilson
x3

Post by G-Wilson » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 19:15

Hi there,

I was just wondering, you mentioned in your first post that this script may be backward compatible with X3 reunion and I was just wondering if you can confirm that?

Gav

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”