[TC] Hints for Hints (Treasure Hunt Riddles) (Spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VincentTH
x4

Hints for Hints (Treasure Hunt Riddles) (Spoilers)

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 15:52

This is for those who just want a little help in solving the riddles, not out right answers:

0. Kingdom End Coordinates: X=0, Y=0

1. Foundation Guild HQ
Spoiler
Show
Look in the galactic map for the sector description of a sector a few jumps from Queen Space
2. Xenon home sector surrounded by profit
Spoiler
Show
As in a Xenon sector sandwiched between 2 Teladi sectors
3. 4-suns
Spoiler
Show
Sector with 400% Sun
4. 3 rocks far away from stony cloud
Spoiler
Show
Look for a sector with 3 asteroids that are far away from a cloud of asteroids.
or if you feel lucky, work out the ANAGRAM hint to find the sector name.

5. Where it all begins
Spoiler
Show
Seizewell, where it all began in XBTF
6. The journey leads you to a sector in the West
Spoiler
Show
Use the series of numbers and "walk" the text. First clue is the 7th word (sector). Walk +7 words, next clue is "two". Back 5 words (jumps), etc...
7. Clouds of the mighty Split
Spoiler
Show
Split sector with Clouds in the name
8. Find the Ship Wreck
Spoiler
Show
Look at the map in the mission briefing.
Last edited by VincentTH on Fri, 12. Jun 09, 02:24, edited 9 times in total.

Jimyd
x3tc

Post by Jimyd » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 15:59

I wish someone would just spoil it COMPLETELY already.

I never really liked the idea of Treasure Hunt type missions. Reminds me of doing the stuff for that Paranid in X3 when you then recieve that Ore Mine. :paranid: :(

Just an arbitrary time waster. Yes I am one of those that looks at the HUB plot as nothing more than an arbitrary grind with the sole reasoning behind it, just because. :boron: :rant:
Last edited by Jimyd on Thu, 11. Jun 09, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 16:03

Jimyd wrote:I wish someone would just spoil it COMPLETELY already.

I never really liked the idea of Treasure Hunt type missions. Reminds me of doing the stuff for that Paranid in X3 when you then recieve that Ore Mine. :paranid: :rant:

Just an arbitrary time waster. Yes I am one of those that looks at the HUB plot as nothing more than an arbitrary grind with the sole reasoning behind it, just because. :boron: :(
The Mission director file has it spoiled completely for you already.

Jimyd
x3tc

Post by Jimyd » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 16:04

VincentTH wrote:

I never really liked the idea of Treasure Hunt type missions. Reminds me of doing the stuff for that Paranid in X3 when you then recieve that Ore Mine. :paranid: :rant:

Just an arbitrary time waster. Yes I am one of those that looks at the HUB plot as nothing more than an arbitrary grind with the sole reasoning behind it, just because. :boron: :(
Care to copy paste the text since I have 0 experience with the Mission Director. You can spoiler tag it if you must.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 17:30

Jimyd wrote:
VincentTH wrote:

Care to copy paste the text since I have 0 experience with the Mission Director. You can spoiler tag it if you must.
Sorry, displaying the MD file will cause this thread to be moved to the MOd+Script forum. I believe the hints of hints should be enough to help those who got stuck.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 18:33

Jimyd wrote:Care to copy paste the text since I have 0 experience with the Mission Director. You can spoiler tag it if you must.
The code itself might not help that much - it's not particularly easy to read if you're not familiar with the MD (and there's a lot of it).
VincentTH wrote:Sorry, displaying the MD file will cause this thread to be moved to the MOd+Script forum. I believe the hints of hints should be enough to help those who got stuck.
Putting some code in a post doesn't automatically make it a candidate for Scripts & Modding (although explaining how you get the code might well be :p).

rictec
x4

Post by rictec » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 18:47

i can even do the first hint let alone the others

so if anywone tell me what i have to do thanks

Rictec

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 19:06

rictec wrote:i can even do the first hint let alone the others

so if anywone tell me what i have to do thanks

Rictec
Spoiler
Show
The galactic map is represented in Cartesian coordinates, with origin at Kingdom End. From Kingdom End (X=0,Y=0), walk the galactic map one across to the right (X=1), and 5 down (Y=5) to reach sector Ore Belt. The coordinates of the position is given in the mission briefings.

rictec
x4

Post by rictec » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 01:33

never will i think about that ....thanks i hate indiana jones type of games ...simple hate them

Rictec

StarDragon99
x3

Post by StarDragon99 » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 04:08

I would also very much enjoy the FULL spoiler since for some reason the messages in my game just come through as =textnotfoundxxxx= as do all characters and ships related to the treasure hunt. (this is the case even on a 100% vanilla game so i believe its something in the save somehow but i have no desire to start a new game for this)
X2:
Pan-Galactic Tycoon
Supreme Veteran

X3R:
Warlord
Capitalist

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 10:51

4. 3 rocks far away from stony cloud

I am rubbish at anagrams and also the clues for the sector don't work for me either, so if anyone can do the honours with a spoiler I would appreciate it.

gandalf
x3tc

Post by gandalf » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 12:23

GobsmackedIII wrote: 4. 3 rocks far away from stony cloud

I am rubbish at anagrams and also the clues for the sector don't work for me either, so if anyone can do the honours with a spoiler I would appreciate it.
3 rock spoil > http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249919

i now looking for help in "hint 7" anybody can help please?

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 12:28

Thanks, appreciate that.

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 02:31

Here's a question: If I never played any X game before X3TC, and only tried to find the answer to "...where it all began..." in-game, how would I go about that? I read all the race bios, I reviewed information on some systems, etc...I would have thought Earth - where the adventure began using AGI.

I would have never imagined Siezewell. I didn't even see a reference to that with an online search to wiki and other sites. Not even the sector description says anything of the sort.

So, how did you guys figure it out???
Sacha

TwilightWalker
x3tc

Post by TwilightWalker » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 04:11

I never really liked the idea of Treasure Hunt type missions. Reminds me of doing the stuff for that Paranid in X3 when you then recieve that Ore Mine. :paranid: :(

Just an arbitrary time waster. Yes I am one of those that looks at the HUB plot as nothing more than an arbitrary grind with the sole reasoning behind it, just because. :boron: :rant:
Like This?

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 06:06

The Treasure Hunt mission, already has a spoiler map or guide map,"Look closely at the mission screen", it points to where you have to go...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 14:45

tasev1 asked
So, how did you guys figure it out???
Those who worked it out probably started off playing the (XBTF) first game in the series.

I tried working out the answers and then checked the spoiler thread to find most often I was wrong.

Not fond of riddles.

The next mission that will be patched to the game will prove interesting too,but either wait or join level three to find out what I mean.

johnnywas
x3tc

Post by johnnywas » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 17:00

cheers. i wanted one of these.

theres is a good walkthrough but hints are nice

tasev1

Post by tasev1 » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 04:05

No - not like that. That's where I went when I couldn't get the answer at all. My question was where is the answer found in-game (without resorting to cheat). That answer you are pointing to is assuming I am familiar with X-BTF (which I am not) - thus I think this puzzle is unsolvable. All the other puzzles I figured out on my own.
Sacha

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 17:15

If you read the whole clue you will notice that there is mention "...until you come to an End".

The word end being spelled wrong, as it starts with a capital E should have triggered your curiosity.
There are not many Sector which have an "End" in the name so its fair to say that if you would lookup positions in all of them you would have solved it too. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: Its a THINK Mission :-P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”