EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

"Placeholder" factory after 2.1 install
View previous topic :: View next topic
thiosk

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 11. Jun 09, 07:55    Post subject: "Placeholder" factory after 2.1 install Reply with quote Print

I'm running the steam version of X3 with a few scripts and mods-- most notably complex cleaner, the CLS\CAG\EST\Prospector scripts, and super tractor. Not much else that i can think of off the top of my head.

Anyhoo, after 2.1 everything works fine, except that I have a strange "placeholder" factory for sale in shipyards, presumably instead of the Crystal Fab Ls i keep reading about.

These fabs cost in the neighborhood of 18.5 million credits and have no lists of required goods in the box on the right.

whuzz up wid dis homey

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Thu, 11. Jun 09, 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's likely to be something to do with the scripts/mods you are using and the patch not getting on. As such it's something you'll have to take up with the authors of those scripts/mods.

EphemeralDeception

PostPosted: Thu, 11. Jun 09, 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have a similar problem.

I have complex cleaner and the cycrow boarding script - Nothing else.
I neither get a placeholder nor the L crystal fabs in my factories list in any of the shipyards.

However....

A long time ago I installed a script to add terranfactories to tterran shipyards only, but have since removed it, prior to 2.1 update. This may be a factor sinc ethe script played with factory arrays but only terran ones.

This script was/is called : setup.zzz.addterranfactories.zip and contained one xml file. This could be related to my problem but not the OP, I suppose.

Many people are using CC and boarding scripts so I will wait and see if others have he same problem.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 11. Jun 09, 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

EDIT: I strongly recommend going to the S&M Complex Cleaner thread before doing anything else mentioned below. People with the problems below are having lasting issues and discussing them there.

@ thiosk: Placeholder is a Complex Cleaner model which has clashed with the new Crys Fab in your changed cat/dat entry order post-2.1. Gazz has updated his mod for 2.1 and you may want to check with Gazz for advice first in his S&M CC thread.

While I know things could be fixed in t/Factories and by changing a position number in Gazz's set-up script, I think another possibility is probably just to delete CC, reapply 2.1 patch and install the newer CC. EDIT: Not necessarily complete solution. Don't try running a savegame without any CC or you'll crash.

@ EphemeralDeception: You could try same but you may have a further cat/dat mod issue as well.