Ships blowing up while docked at my equipment dock. Please help!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

TheBlackFly

Ships blowing up while docked at my equipment dock. Please help!

Post by TheBlackFly » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 00:22

ok so i bought an argon equipment dock and put it in the unknown sector west of new income and my hyperion vanguard was docked there while i was out patroling and when i got back it had been blown up. it was not undocking or trying to dock. it was alrdy docked. i did have other ships docked as well. Could the equipment dock have been full and sombody tried docking so the comp just decided that somebody had to go? Ne help wld be gr8ly appreciated. Thank you.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 00:44

Well I know with any NPC stations if it's full and you have ships there one or more will get the boot (undocked) to make room for the NPC. The ship that was booted will float nearby until room is once again available so it can dock. I don't recall seeing this for player owned stations but it could have happened.

Perhaps if the Hyperion undocked to make room for the NPC, while the Hyperion was headed down the chute (approach vector) to get free of the station, the NPC was headed up the chute and the two vessels collided and one or both vessels perished in the crash. I only think this cause there were times when I was headed up/down the chute of a given station (in a Hyperion no less) and ended up running over NPC fighters/TS's coming down.

Did you receive a messege saying "Your Hyperion Vanguard was destroyed by "blank" (i.e. Argon Mercury Hauler)"?

TheBlackFly

Post by TheBlackFly » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 01:25

Did you receive a messege saying "Your Hyperion Vanguard was destroyed by "blank" (i.e. Argon Mercury Hauler)"?

Im willing to bet on the npc one bcuz there was an npc flyin around in the sector and im pretty sure it said destroyed by my equipment dock but i dont have ti in front of me so i cld b mistaken. Is there ne way to keep npc's from trying to dock at ur stations at all? Thank you for your quick response.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 01:34

Only thing I can think of is in the station command(?) list where its says "other races can trade with this station" you have a yes/no option. While I believe this works on NPC trader/fighter ships, NPC civilian ships may still be able to dock. I say this since one of my EQ's and one of my complexes in TC and my PHQ in R would routinely have civilian ships docked at them for no apparent reason and still do.

TheBlackFly

Post by TheBlackFly » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:01

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Only thing I can think of is in the station command(?) list where its says "other races can trade with this station" you have a yes/no option. While I believe this works on NPC trader/fighter ships, NPC civilian ships may still be able to dock. I say this since one of my EQ's and one of my complexes in TC and my PHQ in R would routinely have civilian ships docked at them for no apparent reason and still do.
I have the civilians taken out of my game and if u turn off the other race trading thing wnt the race of the equipment dock still b able to dock, say its an argon eq wnt the argonians still b able to land? I will try turning that off just to try it. Thx

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:34

if you turn other-race trading off, the Argons won't be able to dock. Even though they built the station, it's yours now :)
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

TheBlackFly

Post by TheBlackFly » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 02:58

frymaster wrote:if you turn other-race trading off, the Argons won't be able to dock. Even though they built the station, it's yours now :)
Awesome so that shld eliminate the that problem. Thx alot for the help everyone.
N8

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 11:31

TheBlackFly wrote:im pretty sure it said destroyed by my equipment dock
Then it crashed into your equipment dock, probably whilst executing a docking manoeuvre. This can only happen when you're in the sector though.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 12:45

Sure, but the reason it crashed into the dock was probably because an NPC ship arrival caused it to undock in the first place (and it probably had to steer to avoid the incoming ship too). Denying NPC ships access to the dock avoids this scenario even if you are IS.

TheBlackFly

Post by TheBlackFly » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 00:02

Rapier wrote:
TheBlackFly wrote:im pretty sure it said destroyed by my equipment dock
Then it crashed into your equipment dock, probably whilst executing a docking manoeuvre. This can only happen when you're in the sector though.
But i was not in sector tho thats what im not understanding but i have turned off Other races trade here and havent had a problem so far. 0 and i made a mistake it was my Zenon J that blew up not my Hyperion Vanguard.
N8

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 12:30

Well that's a totally different kettle of fish! Only a very unusual occurrence of 2 NPC TL/M1/M2/M7(M) wanting to be docked at the ED might possibly cause your capital to undock, and even then it cannot collide with the station or ships while you are OOS. Can you be sure that this is not a ship captured from a mission that had some underlying mission script still running on it (such as fly away and/or self-destruct after a certain time)?

TheBlackFly

Post by TheBlackFly » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 22:20

Alan Phipps wrote:Well that's a totally different kettle of fish! Only a very unusual occurrence of 2 NPC TL/M1/M2/M7(M) wanting to be docked at the ED might possibly cause your capital to undock, and even then it cannot collide with the station or ships while you are OOS. Can you be sure that this is not a ship captured from a mission that had some underlying mission script still running on it (such as fly away and/or self-destruct after a certain time)?
I capd that J from mars when thet L breaks the lines and drops the jump beacon. So i suppose it cld have some kind of backround script running but i have had it for awhile and it never did nething out of the ordinary. i dnt really care about the ship, im just curious what wld have caused it so it doesnt happen to one of my better ships.
N8

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”