X3:TC - Blank Messages (Bug?)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

IronCrux
x3tc

X3:TC - Blank Messages (Bug?)

Post by IronCrux » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 22:17

Steam Client, English Version 2.0 (noticed this in previous version as well). No mods.

Terran Start

Symptom: TS set to notify me on completion of command reports with a blank message - no text just an OK button. After the first blank message all further notifications are blank. Other ships still report in OK.

Suspected cause: Trader is assigned a home base. Given Manual Trade Route command to buy ware from player owned supplier and return to home base. Instruct ship to repeat indefinitely. Trader returns to home base and prepares for next trip. Supplier has run out of wares. This is when the first blank message occurs.

Alternately, this may have been caused by a similar course of events but using the "buy ware" with repeats set to -1 instead of the manual trade. Also factor in I had these sort of loops setup and running when the 1.4 and 2.0 patches were applied.

The headache: I now have a dozen or more ships in this state. I have 100+ traders. So when I get one of these blank messages, I have no idea if someone just stopped their loop or completed some ad hoc command. I've taken to filtering out active ships, but still it is frustrating to search through my fleet to find one idle ship that shouldn't be.

It is hard to tell if I am creating more of these as the game progresses or simply finding more that have been broken. I've started tagging the ones I find. I can swallow having to re-assign broken ships to less vital tasks. However I'm at the 20 game-day mark (w/o hours of SETA mind you) so restarting now would be a bit of a loss.

Since this is not a video or sound issue I have not posted the dxdiag. If needed, let me know.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 23:02

Do any of your ships have square brackets ('[' or ']') in the name? If so, remove them - they'll be interpreted as control codes.

IronCrux
x3tc

Post by IronCrux » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 00:27

Thank you sir!

I had taken to naming stations like [Ore1] and the owned ships with the same tag. Removed the brackets on a TS I identified today and he now reports ok.

Now to go rename my stations/complexes and 80 some odd ships :headbang:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”