[TC] yaki hoshi?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jyo
x2

yaki hoshi?

Post by jyo » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 22:47

im looking for a yaki hoshi to cap as i have loads of akumas and shuris...question is where can i find one...remember seeing one early on in game...but be buggered if i can remember where

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 22:54

Check Yaki sectors, do defend/protect/patrol missions or just buy one from the Yaki shipyard.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 23:01

I rarely see the Hoshi if at all (and my primary bases are in Yaki territory), I would recommend just buying one.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 23:13

The only Hoshi I ever saw in this game was some high level station defence or sector defence mission back in 1.3 or 1.4 times.

So either steal one from those missions or pay for one...

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 00:18

The Hoshi is one of half a dozen ships that have an asymmetrical weapon layout. It will be fixed in the 2.1 patch. You may want to wait for that. The Shuri is broken too.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 03:01

delray wrote:The only Hoshi I ever saw in this game was some high level station defence or sector defence mission back in 1.3 or 1.4 times.

So either steal one from those missions or pay for one...
The easiest way to cap one is of a corporate assasination mission. Just get one and reload until you get a ship you want. You can get easy J,Ks this way or Hoshi. Keep in mind that sometimes they come with marines on board. To get my first Hoshi I spent probably 2 or 3 hours thoroughly frying everything on it using one of IOD-capable M6. I cannot say it worths the effort though because weapon generator sucks and steering sucks also. Weapon loadout is not too great either. Anyways, I got two with second one primarily captured for a Khaak fighter parked onboard and also a Ranger. Two ships I wound not normally get otherwise as I saw no Khaak M3 bailing on me (probably need just to go visit their sectors though).
I also capped a third one during a sector patrol mission in one of Telladi/Pirate sectors (spaceweed grove or the one next to it) but then reloaded as it ate 8 out of my 20 marines because of some onboard defences. Definitely not worth a loss of marines :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 20:41

Vanilla TC 2.0a. Do Average+ station defence missions with a high enough fight rank in Paranid sectors in the Sacred Relic area and you get Yaki spawns of several Akumas and Hoshis to play with. Watch out for those onboard fighters though while you are concentrating on the capitals! (I prefer to use spacewalk boarding not M7M I-win & pods.)

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 22:19

But they will wreck the station fast those Akumas and jump out! Is this a test of M7M boarding acrobatics? :-)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 21:21

@ delray: eh what?

Take mission in (swift) M6(+) of preference docked in station giving mission. Fly toward nearest gate, kill all or most of oncoming fast fighter screen, line up first approaching Akuma which is still quite close to entry gate (they come one at a time because of collision avoidance), kill it. Repeat for second Akuma which faffed around avoiding the fight rather than going straight for station (low turn-rate and AI steering!). Next, line up on Hoshi which though faster, usually seems to come through last for some unknown reason. Hoshi will release fighters, kill fighters (hard bit because they spam you), strip Hoshi shields, position and release marines, keep down shields, collect loot, celebrate capture, successful mission, mega-loot and load of credits. Probably not a scratch on station and not a green M7M in sight! (OK maybe a reload or two, but Vanilla)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”