[X3TC 2.0] [plot mission/script bug] Omicron Lyrae Patrol - you want me to do WHAT?!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

jimmydude
x3tc

[X3TC 2.0] [plot mission/script bug] Omicron Lyrae Patrol - you want me to do WHAT?!

Post by jimmydude » Thu, 28. May 09, 21:10

EDIT: Rushed post earlier :doh:

Game: X3 Terran Conflict
Version: 2.0
Mods/Scripts: None
Summary: Spawning plot enemy (random Xenon L - I think...) seemed to trigger Khaak Invasion that seems to have broken the plot mission script.

Not sure where to post this, but its certainly a bug, albeit minor.

I'm pretty sure I'm near the beginning of the game, at the mission where you lead a flight of NPC M4s and "donated" M5s for a combat patrol of the sectors near Heretic's End; everything fine in Circle Of Labour (L, another L, then a swarm of Ns and some PBE-toting Ms). Head to Omicron Lyrae, L spawns, swarm spawns, L... nope, that's not an L.

Its a freakin' KI :khaak: :o

So apparently I'm supposed to own a fleet by the third (or so) mission?!

Now the tracking has glitched altogether; its no longer highlighting the remaining KM2 as my mission target as it was earlier (I actually vaped the KM3 swarm with my Sabre and ad-hoc wing and Lyrae's patrolling Titan took the KM1 and first KM2 with it but my attendant NPCs then picked a fight with some Split mercs - WTF?!). Seeing as I can't take it with a single M4 and my remaining non-distracted (and non-invincible) M5 I'm stuck.

Any way to fix this and continue (don't even know if killing that KM2 would fix things now...) or am I going to have to restart my game? :doh:

In any case some plot mission scripts really need to be able to "clean up" some sectors and prevent unscheduled Invasions in those sectors during the mission to prevent them in turn breaking the game.[/i]

danros
x3tc

Post by danros » Thu, 28. May 09, 22:58

its not bug, you have bad luck :roll:

jimmydude
x3tc

Post by jimmydude » Thu, 28. May 09, 23:54

Incredibly bad luck - but why would I get a KI instead of a Xenon L?!

And even if the KI bit was just astronomically bad luck the script issues (vis-a-vis its inability to deal with the situation that has arisen) does make it a bug/reverse exploit. And now I can't get tracking back I don't know whether tracking's freaked or the mission script has come apart entirely.

In any case I'd just wondered if there was a way of fixing or advancing or restarting the plot mission rather than starting the playthrough over... (mostly cuz I fluked out and capped two of the four Ls in the previous mission...)

*sigh* all that community and XTM content... and the one thing X3TC leaves out is Race Response Fleets... whyyyyyyyyyy......... :cry:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 29. May 09, 02:47

As danros said, it's a bit of bad luck. The KI had nothing to do with the plot, it simply chose a bad place/time to spawn! :D

Consider it a (major) random factor in game difficulty :roll:

The smaller ships in the KI will die off fairly quickly, and you can probably dodge the larger ships while doing the mission.

Short of modding, there isn't any way of resetting a mission.

jimmydude
x3tc

Post by jimmydude » Fri, 29. May 09, 20:36

That's the odd thing though - the Khaak caps were highlighted as mission targets!

And something even weirder (unless things have changed that much since X3) is that the remaining KM2 was removed by the game the next time I started the application and I passed the mission as soon as I headed back into the sector. KIs don't usually just vanish when you restart the game (except when they get plonked in Argon Prime ;)) All the damage was still in the sector (including some glitched cargo containers) but the remaining Khaak, the mercs and my glitched NPC wingman were removed from the game after I shut down and restarted X3TC (loading etc. didn't affect them)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”