[ALP]Imperial Laboratories: Escape Pods 1.1 28/5/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[ALP]Imperial Laboratories: Escape Pods 1.1 28/5/09

Post by LV » Mon, 25. May 09, 23:31

Description

A little plugin for the purists and DiD mob who don't want to pussy out by reloading on death.

Date 28/5/09
Version 1.1 Beta Test

Extra Install Info: Important

This plugin requires Imperial Library Scripts to be installed, Do so!

The plugin is pretty stable, it needs some testing for bugs i didn't think of and also costings that as usual i pulled out of my rear (a well educated guess tbh ;) )

AL Plugin giving the playership escape pods to immediately launch when close to death or on pilot orders.

Escape Pods can be found via Argon Equipment Docks (Teladi & Boron Soon)

On their own they do nothing but after you have set the 2 new hotkeys you can install an Escape Pod to any of your ships.

[ external image ]

There are 2 Hotkeys

Activate Escape Pod

This command will install a pod and also turn it on and off via hotkey press.

Once activated if your ship has an escape pod in its cargo bay you will be able to choose from 4 different Pod types.

Eject Escape Pod

This will instantly eject you into your EP if installed. The pod will immediately set off to the nearest station/shipyard

[ external image ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pod Types

[ external image ]

Standard Pod
The standard pod will eject at the stated shield or hull threshold and fly to the nearest friendly shipyard.

The device has no extras

Luxury Pod
The Luxury Pod once ejected will allow you to choose any of your ships with docking ports to land on or the nearest friendly shipyard, it also comes with a much needed SETA device

Executive Pod
The Executive Pod comes with more speed, and SETA< it will also allow targeting of the nearest friendly station in addition to the nearest shipyard or player owner docking class ship.

Presidential Pod
The Presidential Pod comes with all the above features and also with a Trading System Extension allowing you to link to the nearest shipyard if you have property or ships in that sector

Pod Naviagtion
[ external image ]

As long as you buy above standard you will get some options, shown above is Executive Level and above where your dockable ships, the nearest shipyard and the nearest station are given as docking options.

Remember there are no options for standard

------------------------

All pods are controlled via AI, you can alter course but they will soon return to their course setting, only ejecting into you space suit will relinquish control and the pod will terminate.

Once docked the pod will self destruct and you will return to your space suit.

If the eject is called because your shield or hull value is below your set threshold and it is due to an attacking ship your ship will either self destruct or be captured by the attacking ships race.

------------------------------

Setting Thresholds

Shields

[ external image ]

If you turn your EP on via the activate hotkey and your ship has an escape pod stored (found at argon EQD's) once the pod type has been chosen you will be asked to set thresholds between 0 and 100

if you ignore this option shields are set to 30% threshold automatically. (pressing escape)

Hull

[ external image ]

As above, ignoring the option sets the hull to 100% threshold.

[ external image ]

Remove Thresholds

[ external image ]

When you turn the EP off via the Activate Hotkey you will be given the option to reset the thresholds.

----------------

NOTE

This plugin does not guarantee you will not be killed, i could make you invincible but i'm not doing, there is always the chance in the split second of ejecting you will be hit by laser fire or proximity explosion but once the pod gets going you should be fine.

_-_-_-_-_-_

Install

Use the exe or rar files if you know how to install manually.

The script is an ALP
How To Use AL Plugins so turn it off before removing or uninstalling, it should clear everything up within 10 mins of being turned off.

Please test, try to break/cheat and feedback :)

[ external image ]
EXE

[ external image ]
RAR (Unpacked)
Last edited by LV on Fri, 17. Jul 09, 00:49, edited 2 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Babarix
x4

Post by Babarix » Tue, 26. May 09, 03:26

I want to try it, so i get it and install it. I renamed a copy of the t file because i use the German Version of X3TC.

After i load a savegame i got the message that the script is installed.
So i dockt at the Equipment Docks and bought an Escape Pod.
So far everything was fine.

BUT now i wanna set the hotkeys, but i cant find your hotkeys in the option.

So i looked at your script an see that you call two scripts that arent in the downlaod package.

Code: Select all

$id = register hotkey $text to call script 'plugin.lv.signal.eject.esc.pod'
$id = register hotkey $text to call script 'plugin.lv.signal.pl.at.esc.pod'
So this Files are missing or i get somthing wrong.

And before you ask i have the Imperial Library Scripts.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 26. May 09, 20:35

well spotted, re download and re install the 2 scripts are now added

cheers :)

LV Slaps Himself

Babarix
x4

Post by Babarix » Tue, 26. May 09, 23:41

It Works now.

Nice Script.
But i hope i musen't use the pod to often :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 27. May 09, 01:55

Just how much is one's hide worth in a DiD game? :wink:

I think the current pricing structure is at least an order of magnitude too small. In fact, I'd arrange the pricing such that they start at maybe a million for the basic model. Is it easy for the user to change?

Cool concept though, and I'm downloading it to add to my current DiD game. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 27. May 09, 10:41

the pricing is unique to each ship

200k max limit though but as i said i'm open to pricing feedback

currently it's something like price of ship/500

lux *2
exec*4
pres*7

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 27. May 09, 11:41

I think it is a very good idea, that way you can get your own ship destroyed without ending the game forcibly, because if you eject AI ships will atack you in your space suit so ejecting had no sense to avoid getting killed, so now you can scape and try to start over with another ship.

You may want to add this to bonus pack, it is a great addition that adds a missing and unique role to the game

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Wed, 27. May 09, 18:11

Excellent idea! I love it. This will be a must-have script for me as soon as I can start playing again. Thank you :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 28. May 09, 01:37

updated to 1.1

a few slight tweaks and some non working scripts removed, no cash changes yet

uninstall 1.0 and install 1.0
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

Love It - Love It - Love It

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 6. Jul 09, 22:09

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... These SCRIPTS make a GREAT Game.... SERIOUSLY ROCK!!!

But I gotta give special props to this Escape Pod. It just saved my ship.

I normally 'Manually Eject' around 0% shlds & 50% hull (don't want to take chances). Well... with the EP set at shlds: 0% hull 15%, when I saw my hull hit 50% :o ... I figured cool... Time to test this thing. Except the Kha'ak Corvette blew when I hit around 20% - HOW SWEET WAS THAT!!!

The extra time is literally a 'Life Safer'!!! :D

Great Script.... THANX!!!
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 09:07

This sounds awesome. Thanks. This will come in handy for the Improved Races mod. Enemy ships are EVERYWHERE and insane.

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 04:50

LV,

Thanks - I've been wanting this addition to the X series ever since I started playing (06 maybe?). It's the primary thing I missed from the original 'elite' series, back in the 1980's.

If there's a bonuspack for X3TC, this one should definately be submitted.

AoN.

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 17:52

Can use it as the start of a DiD story...

part of a huge battle between argon/boron vs split/paranid...

your fleet gets wiped out and you're stuck with an escape pod<start storytelling>
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 04:55

Is there any easy way to see whether the pod is currently active (as opposed to accidentally toggled off)?

Thanks,

AoN

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 09:38

I've not built anything in to show if it's activated other than pressing the hotkey which turns it on and off, i suppose i could add a text prefix to the pilot/shipname
LV's TC Scripts

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 10:03

Suggestion - don't mess around with names, especially pilot names, people tend to get jumpy at that.
If you must, add not a prefix, but an.. eh.. afterfix?

Like:
S.S. Exile <- no pod
S.S. Exile [St.Pod] <- standard pod

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 15:47

LV -

The indicator is probably not important- I an always toggle to check.

Another question: Do you eject at whichever threshold is crossed first, or do both thresholds have to be crossed?

If the calc is an "OR" rather than "AND", will a negative percentage cause any problems (i.e. use -ve shields, and hull at 30% to always force eject only when hull drops below 30).

I had settings at default yesterday, was trying to cap a Hyperion, and as soon as my shield dropped below 30%, I was auto-ejected :)

Thanks,

AON.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 18:49

the *best* mod for dead=dead players, this is seriously cool. It gets annoying being picked off in your space suit by m5s when I kindly leave them :cry:. I would be opposed to any change in the current pricing structure. Firstly they cost up to about the price of an m5 for an effectively glorified drone, which is fine but any more would be o.t.t imo. Secondly you have just lost your ship anyway, which is enough of an incentive to be careful in the first place!

thanks for another well made and bug-free script!

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 02:40

Pricing - should be 50% of your current net worth; a salvage "ransom", as it were. Not sure how easy it is to calculate net worth though.

Ejecting should not be something done likely, in my opinion. Yes, I'm a DiD player.

AoN.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 19:59

anneonemous wrote:LV -

Another question: Do you eject at whichever threshold is crossed first, or do both thresholds have to be crossed?

AON.
I'd have to double check but i think if shield is set to 0 and hull at 56% it will eject at 56% hull but that's cutting it fine for living
anneonemous wrote:Pricing - should be 50% of your current net worth;

AoN.
nah, i'm getting conflicting idea's over pricing as this one means a player would have to fork out billions possibility and people would simply reload apart from the purist of purists negating what i wrote this for.
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”