X1: Past and Future Mod (Total Conversion)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:07

Everythings running good except for one thing...Cant get some of the custom graphics for the weapons to work. For example instead of the CMOD3 Gauss Cannon smoke trail...Its just a yellow bullet and nothing else.

The second I go to the original game (With no mods) The weapon effects work, but the moment I load up this mod they dont work.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:10

ok, I will see if it is a mistake I made :P. Although you are the first to report the problem :)

EDIT: yep I have the same problem, thats one thing I forgot to test because I didn't actually edit the lasers :oops:.

I will try and fix the problem tommorow :o
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 01:30

LOL

Good thing I brought it up to ya then SS_T bro =P

I know its quite a few of the lasers but the Gauss Cannon was the one I could name off the top of my head.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 07:04

So, let me tell you a big that's much more scary than it is dangerous.

I was flying about in my Colossus in Aladna Hill, trying to get gunz for my fighters. I look at the sector map and see a bunch of "Kha'ak Mercury |X2|", then followed by an X2 Centaur and a pair of X2 Mammoths.

The Kha'ak are trying to freighter rush me, with REALLY OLD FREIGHTERS.
Needless to say, I shat my pants.

There were about 30 or so ships D:

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 11:37

LOL

Good thing I brought it up to ya then SS_T bro =P

I know its quite a few of the lasers but the Gauss Cannon was the one I could name off the top of my head.
I will compare files with the combat mod and see what I have changed, I got a feeling that it is the effects file causing the problem.
Treelor wrote:So, let me tell you a big that's much more scary than it is dangerous.

I was flying about in my Colossus in Aladna Hill, trying to get gunz for my fighters. I look at the sector map and see a bunch of "Kha'ak Mercury |X2|", then followed by an X2 Centaur and a pair of X2 Mammoths.

The Kha'ak are trying to freighter rush me, with REALLY OLD FREIGHTERS.
Needless to say, I shat my pants.

There were about 30 or so ships D:
I guess the khaak like the x2 ships then :D, tbh I don't know why they are using them :?: :)

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 17:29

LMAO....Needless to say those Kha'ak dont stand a chance against a modern Colossus =P

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 18:01

X1PF Beta Version 1.1
For X3: Terran Conflict
Built on Combat Mod 3 and RRF

Warning!!! This is a beta release so there might be still some more bugs that I have missed.

Update Information:

This is a vital update for the graphics or the mod. On the 15/04/2009 I was notified by Street21309 who said:
Street21309 wrote:Everythings running good except for one thing...Cant get some of the custom graphics for the weapons to work. For example instead of the CMOD3 Gauss Cannon smoke trail...Its just a yellow bullet and nothing else.

The second I go to the original game (With no mods) The weapon effects work, but the moment I load up this mod they dont work.
So I went in game to see if there was a problem with the mod, I immediately found out it was something I over looked when I tested it.

The fix was easy, I just basically rewrote the effects file. The difficult bit was trying to make the patch small enough and in the end I failed as the effects file was in the main 352mb archive which I had to include so sorry about that.

Download:
Download X1: Past and Future Beta 1.1 from ModDB
Mirror download from external site: Download (EXE)

Please note:
  • You DO NOT need to install the prvious version for this to work. This is a complete mod.
  • You DO NOT need to uninstall the previous version as this installer will over write the existing files.
  • The mod may not be save game compatible so I suggest you back them up, as I do not actually play TC I did not have a save game to test it with so if anyone would like to try it with the save game and report back it would be helpful.
  • Some mods and scripts may not be compatible but I have not tested any, that is why we have a beta [ external image ].
Change log:
- Fixed graphics
- Updated to the latest Combat Mod 3.

Installation Instructions:
  1. Download the mod
  2. Open the exe
  3. Go though the exe and make sure the path to x3tc is correct
  4. Once finished the install, start x3tc
  5. Go to select mod, the x1pf
  6. Press ok, then have some fun I hope.
Planed for future versions:
  • All x2 ships in game
  • More future type ships
  • Scripts such as the bulk shipyard
  • More work done to the HUD and Icons
  • Hopefully different music
  • Missions
  • Stuff like that [ external image ]

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 03:41

Coolies

Will download and take it for a spin soon. Will let you know if I come across anything else outta wack =P

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 03:50

Don't try to fix the Gauss Cannon "glitch". I think it's more realistic for it to not have a smoke trail in space - for there to be smoke, there's gotta be heat, and in space it'll dissipate really quick.

There's a suggestion I also made on the ModDB comment section, but I don't think you've seen it.

For the X2 ships, have you thought about adding a script in that adds them to currently existing shipyards instead of editing the galaxy map? That would still allow people to purchase X2 ships without forcing a game restart.

Street21309
x3tc

Post by Street21309 » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 07:19

Another thing to consider is the X2 Variants of the Colossus and Titan are a wee bit too fast and agile. Considering they would be like a light destroyed and light carrier. Say speeds of around a max of around 75-90. Other than that, everything else is good except for adding the ships to a shipyard as what Treelor said.
Freespace X3TC Mini-Mod
[ external image ]

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 12:10

Treelor wrote:Don't try to fix the Gauss Cannon "glitch". I think it's more realistic for it to not have a smoke trail in space - for there to be smoke, there's gotta be heat, and in space it'll dissipate really quick.
Maybe so, but I don't particularly want to mess with the weapons atm. I might release a plugin to remove the smoke in the future or someone else can. But for now I will stay with the terran conflict and combat mod style.
Treelor wrote: There's a suggestion I also made on the ModDB comment section, but I don't think you've seen it.

For the X2 ships, have you thought about adding a script in that adds them to currently existing shipyards instead of editing the galaxy map? That would still allow people to purchase X2 ships without forcing a game restart.
I didn't edit the map I used a MD script to add them to a new shipyard in argon prime and ore belt iirc. I did see your comment on moddb, and I will be sorting something but the latest update was to fix the graphics problem ;).
Street21309 wrote:Another thing to consider is the X2 Variants of the Colossus and Titan are a wee bit too fast and agile. Considering they would be like a light destroyed and light carrier. Say speeds of around a max of around 75-90. Other than that, everything else is good except for adding the ships to a shipyard as what Treelor said.
The x2 ships have the same stats as in x2 ;). I could slow them down if nessesary but in doing so they would lose there only advantage over the x3 ships except the X2 argon M1 which hold 130 ships.

thanks for all your comments they have been helpful so far :)

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Fri, 17. Apr 09, 19:32

X1PF beta 2.0 trailer released, see here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/x1-the-pirate ... er-release

It shows a couple of the new x2 ships and effects aswell as some of the features you haven't seen if you haven't played the mod ;)

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Wed, 6. May 09, 00:32

Latest

I have been on the most boring 2 week course I have ever been on probably as a punishment for being on job seekers allowance for too long. So I didn't do much to the mod :(.

News

• The mod has been on the mod video spotlight for the first time see here
  • 94 X1PF Beta 1.1 mod downloads via moddb
  • 82 X1PF Beta 1.0 mod downloads via moddb
  • 4GB of bandwidth used since 11/04/2009 to 05/05/2009 just for the mod

Development News

Xenon M1 (COMPLETE)
Xenon M2 (COMPLETE)
Xenon M3 (IN PROGRESS)
Xenon M4 (IN PROGRESS)
Xenon M5 (IN PROGRESS)

ARGON FSTS (IN PROGRESS)
ARGON FSTS Cockpit (IN PROGRESS)
ARGON FSTS Front Turret (IN PROGRESS)
ARGON FSTS Big Turret (IN PROGRESS)

Shipyard Script (IN PROGRESS)
Mass Shipyard Script (SUGGESTED)

HUD (TO DO)
MENU (TO DO)
MUSIC (TO DO)
EFFECTS (IN PROGRESS)

Testing (TO DO)

If you have any suggestions or comments I'm happy to hear them :)

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Tue, 19. May 09, 00:23

Finished the xenon ships :), but the reason for this post:

I'm allowing you the public to alpha/beta test the mod, there is a reason for this please read: http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... adid=15889

I will not be doing any of the alpha work over here, so if you want to help me test it please can you sign up at the TXU so you can use the project tools.

I will still keep you informed here of any stable releases or media :)

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Wed, 20. May 09, 13:51

More testing images: 19/05/2009

[ external image ] [ external image ]

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Sun, 24. May 09, 01:06

One thing I notice when looking at screenshots is how dull they look sometimes, maybe its just me or my monitor :P but I like some more colour. This is what I have come up with in a 5 minute experiment:

[ external image ]

At first glance it looks a bit too blue, what do you think?

[You can test in game when I upload the next alpha update tomorrow]

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 22:30

Here is some renders of the custom future ships for you to enjoy, or hate. That's up to you :P

X1PF TC Argon m3 var 1
[ external image ]
One of the first ships made but wasn't included into the first release because of a texture problem. I am currently re-texturing it and adding more detail. (Front of model)
X1PF TC Argon m3 var 2
[ external image ]
This render shows one of the future argon m3 ships, it is a strong ship that can with stand much punishment but only has two gun mounts. This version is included with the first release.
X1PF TC Argon m4 Not Finished
[ external image ]
This is the latest ship I am building for the mod, it is nearly finished but needs a little more detail. (Front of model)
X1PF TC Argon m6
[ external image ]
This model was the very first in the mod, however if you played the release mod it doesn't look the same. This is because I have went back to re-edit it to make it more detailed and better textured. (Front of model)
X1PF TC Argon TL Not Finished
[ external image ]
This model I completed a while ago, but was useless in it state as it had no weapons or docks. The model was in game and working with its own cockpit.

This render shows the latest version of the ship, with turrets and docks, however I haven't managed to get the custom turrets to work yet so it didn't make it into the first release. (Front of model)
CONCEPT Not Finished
[ external image ]
With this model I was just experimenting, it is not finished and is not in game. (Back of model)
that all for now :)

kuruptx3
x3tc

Post by kuruptx3 » Mon, 8. Jun 09, 23:24

nice work SS_T glad to see you around here really nice models cant wait to see the textured versions

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 00:06

It'd be really great if you could release the single ships after you're done with the mod. I've been dying to have the old X-T designs of the Elite, Discoverer and Xenon ships in a recent game (and yes, I know about the Elite model for X3R - it lacked several things to make it good), but I'm not particularly crazy about the other old ships.
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 14:20

Meltdown wrote:It'd be really great if you could release the single ships after you're done with the mod. I've been dying to have the old X-T designs of the Elite, Discoverer and Xenon ships in a recent game (and yes, I know about the Elite model for X3R - it lacked several things to make it good), but I'm not particularly crazy about the other old ships.
I might be able to release the single xtension ships later on, x2 ships I can't as I have done them differently and they cannot be easily separated, my custom ships I can if requested. But that's a long way off before I finish them all. :) .
kuruptx3 wrote:nice work SS_T glad to see you around here really nice models cant wait to see the textured versions
thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”