[SCRIPT] Player Workshops V2.0 [28.07.2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 17:11

V1.5 Bugfix Available.

Configuration menu is no longer loaded on game start for set-up. You will need to run the menu from the hotkey if using the workshop for the first time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks draffutt. I was honestly trying to be helpfull, but as its not really important to impose a set-up on game load I've changed the setup process to no longer load the menu and made it user required to use the configuration menu from the hotkey to activate the workshop.

Apologies, teach me for trying to be clever.

I could have introduced a time delay, but probably better to do it this way to avoid conflicts especially if other scripts are using null processes on start up that ignore setup ordering etc (e.g. inits or setups launching scripts).

I'll try to introduce the "black market" value settings in the near future.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 17:30

pelador wrote:Apologies, teach me for trying to be clever.

I could have introduced a time delay, but probably better to do it this way to avoid conflicts especially if other scripts are using null processes on start up that ignore setup ordering etc.
no worries :wink: just trying to do my part and make this script even better. :wink: don't really like the idea of my EQ and trade docks being nothing more then large parking lots.

but i do like your clever idea. hopefully you'll be able to reintroduce it in the future. :D
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 15:38

V1.6 Upgrade Available.

Optional "Black Market" settings introduced. Details in first main post. Thanks to user draffutt for the concept.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 05:46

Another excellent script Pelador. This one greatly eases the micromanagement hassles of new ship equipage..and greatly eases an off-the-grid pirate/Yaki playstyle as well. A much more elegant and intuitive solution than the 3R scripts that created customizable ED's..

Perhaps you could tie this script into your Blueprint Drone script; whereby newly scanned equipment can be RE'd for sale in designated trading stations or pirate bases..

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 00:27

Hieronymos wrote:Another excellent script Pelador. This one greatly eases the micromanagement hassles of new ship equipage..and greatly eases an off-the-grid pirate/Yaki playstyle as well. A much more elegant and intuitive solution than the 3R scripts that created customizable ED's..

Perhaps you could tie this script into your Blueprint Drone script; whereby newly scanned equipment can be RE'd for sale in designated trading stations or pirate bases..
Thanks H.

I think I get the "gist" of the RE process. Though unsure about the economic impact as i'd expect you want to include various tech, including custom. I'd need to give it some thought and as previously mentioned to best apply other developments custom tech, I'd prefer to do this in collaboration to not circumvent other developments design considerations. But for "vanilla" it may have potential, as I've obviously made equipment and upgrades more accessible in this development as is.

But I have a natural resistance to making a fully automated "supermarket" as it removes other aspects of the game potentially, which may not provide overall value even if it makes life easier. As one example Trade rank for instance could be impacted if you remove the need for it. As a result I wouldnt want to provide a "pseudo-complex" and would like to avoid adding specific wares to docks to avoid complications with their ware useage (e.g. PHQ, Hub, FDN), so emulating factories with resources is something I'd like to keep in the realms of the "build" area of the vanilla game. But maybe limited options might be useful, like boarding pods or slave conversion centres, just some immediate thoughts, or limiting the RE process to Player EQ docks and Trading stations only which would provide a more stable platform to work from given their limited "wharehouse" abilities and give them more purpose, even if the resulting production volumes would be small.

If you want to expand on the concept so I can understand your thoughts better then please do so, I'd prefer not to assume anyhow.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 01:38

There were a pair of scripts produced by Voxol for 3R, called "Player Friendly SY & ED". For a pile of $$$ player could bankroll 2 groups of unemployed dock/SY workers, who would set up a SY or ED where player specified.

For the PFSY: SY would stock any ships for which blueprints were provide; or player could feed in a ship for RE'ing.

For the PFED: ED would stock any wares or upgrades fed into it. Upgrades & tunings, once uploaded, would replenish just as in a normal ED. Wares like weapons would have to be manually offloaded for resale..

Coupla' thoughts occur here:
1) The Pirate Fence could perhaps sell 'upgrades', in addition to other goodies that could then be added to player-owned Trd.stations & ED's.
2) The Blueprint Drone could be alternatively programmed to seek out & copy upgrades (in addition to ship blueprint). Would increase use of B.D., and present more choice to player.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sat, 2. May 09, 00:28

Sorry for not answering sooner, thinking it through.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 2. May 09, 00:57

This script is amazing. The different 'sets / packages' feature is just wonderful.

Excellent work. :)

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 6. May 09, 20:34

V1.7 Upgrade available.

Now includes optional priority of taken monies from stations first than the player account. Default no.

Now includes optional use of Community Plugin Manager by Cycrow.

(Suggestions from draffutt)

Details in main first post.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 7. May 09, 00:06

Thanks for the update. :thumb_up:
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Alkaiser
xr

Post by Alkaiser » Mon, 11. May 09, 05:29

I think I found a bug in 1.7. When installing cargo bay expansions on a Mercury Hauler, the price displayed is 0 credits. It doesn't take any money from your account either. Maybe its only a problem for 2000 or more cargo bay expansions in one go? It worked fine with a regular Mercury, 1000 expansions for something like 500,000 credits.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 11. May 09, 09:56

V1.8 Upgrade Available.

Corrections to ships who can have cargo extension upgrades greater than 1,000 units. For these ships they have to be upgraded in 1,000 unit increments at a time until they reach maximum (i.e. it takes more than one go). I'll see if I can replace full maximum upgrade calculations in one go for these ships when I have a bit more time to focus on it. In the meantime for immersion you'll have to put it down to union rules ;) .

Thanks Alkaiser for spotting that one.

Knetter_Gek
x3tc

Post by Knetter_Gek » Thu, 14. May 09, 13:27

:thumb_up: Excellent script! Useful and nearly bug free. ;)
We are all explorers of the deepest reaches of space.
We don't just watch space on our monitors and listen to the sounds in it:
We, all of us, each and every one of us, owns, to a man, as many operational Space Shuttles as NASA does.
Yes, we're all that awesome. Give yourself a hug.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Tue, 19. May 09, 22:27

Thanks for this godsend of a script. Is it possible to allow for wings to access the packages features? Since it seems to only be accessable through the trade command i can't see anyway to outfit an entire wing. That would save so much tedious work equiping massive numbers of ships.

Also, i enabled the "on ships" feature and tried running it on a carrier in space loaded with a fighter wing and the carriers "workshop" option is greyed out. What am i doing wrong?

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 20. May 09, 05:59

I'll look into providing a wing command equivalent.

Just to say that I'm a bit busy with workload for other developments, the upcoming version 2.1 and DDTC mod. So unless I can "squeeze" it in somewhere in the next two weeks it might be a little time before I get to it. I'd prefer to fully test it of course, so whilst it might take little time to do potentially, its the support for it also, i'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback also and that you find the Workshops useful.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Wed, 20. May 09, 22:21

That would be great. If you do get around to it I would be more than happy to test it for you and report any bugs.

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Fri, 22. May 09, 02:31

Hi Pelador,

I'm finding this plugin to be very useful, and I have some feedback/feature requests in case you're interested.

1) Would it be possible to offer an option to max out all cargo/engine/rudder upgrades at once? This would cut down on keystrokes quite a bit.

2) I'd second the request to have a wing level option to equip multiple ships at once. Alternately, if you could use the "Docked At" broadcast commands with the plugin, that would be an enormous timesaver. I could then install my standard fighter package to all my freshly built fighters at my PHQ at the same time.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 22. May 09, 06:18

Would you consider an optional configuration of installing a package for a ship class as an automated process and specify which package and/or "tunings" are optionally applied?

So your thinking as a Secondary Signal for ships when docked as an automatic process thats configurable. It might be preferable and potentially a quicker technique than a wing command. Wether it would work with Gazz's docking script or could be made to be is another issue I havent looked at yet, but he has mentioned his fix is not compatible with other secondary signals of this nature when IS.

Similarly would need to check with mods that provide external docking mods on ships, but in theory I hope it works as "said on the tin" here.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Sat, 23. May 09, 03:38

Sounds like it would be good to me. Anything that would take the carpal tunnel out of all that equiping :D

aka1nas wrote: 1) Would it be possible to offer an option to max out all cargo/engine/rudder upgrades at once? This would cut down on keystrokes quite a bit.
or better yet, just move that into the "package setup" screen as 3 yes/no options for maxing out cargo, engine and rudder. That would allow for the flexabiity to quick loadout a fighter type with maxed rudder and steering but no need for maxed cargo (for example). Ah, that would be glorious...

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 27. May 09, 09:30

Understood, keep brainstorming it if you like, as it will be a little while before I get to doing it, sorry.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”