[SCR] U.D.D.S. - Universe Direct Drone Selling - [20/06/09---V1.42]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Icetrack
x4

[SCR] U.D.D.S. - Universe Direct Drone Selling - [20/06/09---V1.42]

Post by Icetrack » Thu, 14. May 09, 00:17

U.D.D.S. - Universe Direct Drone Selling

To the german thread: To the U.D.D.S. german thread

History:
  • You know that? You're stuck in a solar-system, badly in need of a specific ware and there is no acordant factory around ...
    Your jumpdrive has even gone to the happy hunting grounds of wreck-parts, because of an attack of pirate ships ...
    You got plenty credits but these aren't of any avail, so you've to fly to the next factory, which costs time which is money and the fly'll take at least one hour!

But that's over now, 'cause the Universe-Direct-Drone-Selling has opened its gates!
    This direct-mail-selling uses novel mini-drones, combined to an advanced freight-compression-technology to deliver wares of any kind fast, save and reliable from depots.

U.D.D.S. has agreements with manufacturers of the "trade-computer-extension" and the installation of that extension enables the user to select the command for using the catalog of goods of U.D.D.S..
    If the catalog is opened, you can select the ware you wnat to buy, fill in the amount of ware and define the destination for the shipment (one of you're ships).

As soon as the order has been given, one or more mini-drone(s) will be loaded and the load'll be delivered among the needed time for delivery.

The U.D.D.S. Sytem interacts whit the user, so wrong usage will be detected fast and impeded. An according message will be displayed to you.
Usage:
  • Ship whith "trade-computer-extension" needed.
  • It will take a short time, till the command will be available in the ship menu after you loaded a game.
  • The command will be found in "General ..." in the ships command-panel. It's called "Universe-Direct-Drone-Selling - Catalog of Goods."
  • After that the menu for ware-choice will open, the menu for the amount of ware and the menu for the wares destination of the shipment.
  • f your choice is complete, you'll get an incoming-question, aksing you, if you want to accept the bid. The ware, wareamount, delivery charge, unit-price and total-price will be shown to you and you can choose, if you accept the bid or not.
  • If you accept the bid, the wares will be deliverd within the time needed for the flight to you, depending on the location the ware is sold from. You'll automatically pay for the wares.
  • After the needed time has passed, the ware(s) will be delivered to the chosen ship, also you'll get a delivery-report.
  • If the cargohold should be full inbetween, the wares will be unloaded beneath you're ship in space.

The script-package contains a script setting you're game automatically to modified.
Installation:
  • Unpack all data according to the folder-structure in your X³-TC directory.
  • If the script setting you're game to modifed allready exists, feel free to led it out in the copying process. (!init.gz.set.mod.xml)
  • If you alternatively want to use Cycrows Plugin-Manager, download this Script as SPK and install it with the tool.
Update an older version:
  • For users of version 1.20 or older it is recommendet to delete ALL data of the old script with "Delete all old U.D.D.S. Scripts.bat" located in the folder "scripts.delete" of the new version (!).
  • Copy the new files according to the folder-structure of the zip-file into your X³-TC directory. (If the script !init.gz.set.mod.xml allready exists, feel free to led it out in the copying process.)
  • If a file does allready exist in the folder, overwrite it, if it has udds in name or is the !init.gz.set.mod.xml.
  • If you use the spk-version, uninstall the older Script-Package via the Plugin-Manager and directly install the new one without starting the game before. If a message asking you to delete a uninstall-script, accept this.
Uninstallation of the standard-version:
  • The folder "scripts.uninstall" contains the file "setup.plugin.udds.xml". Copy that file into "scripts" in your X³ TC folder.
  • Start the game, after you've done this and load every savegame in which the U.D.D.S.-Script is active.
  • Wait a short moment after loading the savegame, save and exit the game.
  • After that, use the "Delete all vers. 1.40 U.D.D.S. Scripts.bat" int the "delete.scripts" folder. All data belonging to U.D.D.S. -except the !init.gz.set.mod.xml- will be deleted.
Uninstallation of the spk-version:
  • Remove the Script-Package in Cycrows Plugin-Manager.
  • Start the game, after you've done this and load every savegame in which the U.D.D.S.-Script is active.
  • Wait a short moment after loading the savegame, save and exit the game.
  • Delete the file "setup.plugin.udds" in the script-folder of your X³ TC installation.

Acknowledgement:
  • Very spceial thanks I ow to UniTrader, ScRaT, Gazz and the other guys helping me in the german thread "Allgemeine S&M-Fragen" to go on with my script!
DOWNLOAD:
Used Resources:
  • Command-Slot: COMMAND_TYPE_GENERAL_50
    t-file/page: 8881

Changelog version 1.42:
  • Crash-Bugs:
    • Eliminated bug, causing a crash somtimes, if the player orderd more than the truly existing amount of ware in the universe.
    • Eliminated bug, causing a crash sometimes, if the player wanted to buy something at max price and there was just an amount lower 20 units of ware in the universe.
    • This script should now be completely free of crash bugs.
    Content-Bugs:
    • Calculating the wareprice should work correctly now in all cases the player wants to buy less than 70% but more than 35%, the wareprice will be the averageprice of this ware in the universe.
    • Calculating the wareprice should work correctly now in all cases the player wants to buy less than 35% of the ware. The wareprice will be the minimum price of this ware in the universe.
    • Bought wares are removed correctly from the ware-cycle of the universe now. (First they're putted back, until the player decided if he accepts the bid or not). If the player declines the bid, the wares will be returned to the stations.
    • If the player wants to buy the Flak Artillery Array he truly buys it and no longer nothing.
    • Wares that aren't available in the universe (sold out or never produced) have the right price now. (+ 300% on the universe-max-price).
    • Delivery is now free when ever the player buys wares in order value of at least 12000 Credits.
    • The delivery-due has been reduced, its 60 Credits now. (Thats because of the new feature.)
    Menu:
    • Removed meanwhile invalid explanations for price-modifiers from the menu.
    New Feature:
    • If the ship -the order is sent to- left the sector the order was conducted in, an additional due of 80 Credits per jump will be calculated and removed seperately from the players shipledger.
      Also the delivery delays from 1 till 2 mizuras per sector.
      If the payer can't pay -he will get the wares anyhow- this additional cost, the money will removed interest-free from the shipledger as soon as he is liquid again.This due will be calculated even if the delivery was free, originally.
    Changes in t-file:
    • On Page 8881, entries: 22, 23, 24, 38, 40, 42.
Changelog version 1.41:
  • Solved an issue, that caused a crash while loading or beginnig a new game.
  • Is compatible to X³ TC vers. 2.1.
  • From now on, U.D.D.S. is available as spk-file for Cycrows Plugin-Manager.
Changelog version 1.40:
  • Major improvements in script-code.
  • U.D.D.S.Transport-Minidrones are flying around in the universe now.(actually they're not delivering anything, just decoration -yet)
  • The System for price-calculations has been changed completely. Now its possible to make a true bargain, so prices depend on the truly available amount of sold wares within 40 jumps. However, its still possilbe to buy more than this amount, but you'll pay good for it. ;)
  • Changes in t-file. (page 8881, entry 22; page 8881, entry 34; page 8881 entry 41)
  • It'll take ca. 30 seconds till the command will be available in the ship-menu, from now on.
  • U.D.D.S. sector- and ware-library implemented.
Changelog version 1.20:
  • Warelist revised (Cyklon-Rocket removed, Commodity Logistics Software added -only available if the script has been installed)
  • U.D.D.S. now searches for the nearest station selling the wanted ware. Depending on the distance between ship and station a delivery charge will be calculated. In-Sector deliveries are free, otherwise U.D.D.S. takes 120 Credits per sector. From 20 sectors distance on, the delivery costs ca. 6000 Credits and it won't increase from that distance on. If the value of bought wares is at least 12000 Credits, the delivery doesn't cost anything.
  • Depending on the distance between ship and station the time needed for the delivery will be calculated. It'll take at least 3 minutes (In-Sector) and at most 45 minutes, depending on the distance. The time is calculated randomly between two figures, so it won't be the same every time you buy something in the same distance.
  • The Delivery Time, Delivery Charge and the Station the ware comes from will be displayed in the bid which is transmitted to you by U.D.D.S..
  • All ware-prices aren't constant any longer. They'll change a little every time you buy something.
  • Needed changes in the t-file.
Changelog version 1.13:
  • Warelist revised (Wares addes/removed).
  • Set pricemodifiers in three categories (+ 25%, + 75% und + 150%) Rare Wares should be more expensive now, which is more realistic. Those wares are marked, an explanation will be found on top of the Warmenu.
  • All wares which are not touched by the modifiers, are set to the highest wareprice. A delivery-due is inculded in this price now.
  • Before you finally buy anything you'll be asked -after a few seconds (process time)- if you truly want to buy the Ware(s) by cost of Z. The Unit-Price will be shown also.
Last edited by Icetrack on Sun, 21. Jun 09, 21:06, edited 26 times in total.

Knetter_Gek
x3tc

Re: [SCR] U.D.D.S. - Universe Direct Drone Selling - [13/05/09---V1.0betha]

Post by Knetter_Gek » Thu, 14. May 09, 13:27

dFalcon wrote:U.D.D.S. - Universe Direct Drone Selling

From the point of view of game-logic some wares shouldn't be sold but I'm not sure how several wares ar integrated to the game.
In contrast to that other wares I led out could be integrated.
Another point is the price (cost) of the particular ware. At the moment all wares have prices calculated from the avarage-price of each ware.
Arguable is, if it was reasonable to set the highest price for a certain ware or beside set a due for the delivarage (this would be fair because the script eases the game otherwise.)
There is a script out there that allows vessels under your control to be equipped properly at your own Equipment Docks. (Ausrüstungsdock)
It is called Player Workshops and is to be found here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=244052

This lets you set the base modifier for prices either per item or for the whole lot of available things. I found it's reasonably balanced to just smack 200% onto the price of any upgrades you buy from your own (conveniently located in a safe sector near your HQ or supplying shipyard) EQ dock, versus getting stuff from another EQ dock in a sector far far away and after a long long time of flying. Very rare items (Override, Scrambler) are at price + 400%.

You can do something like that: just increase the price by going price = price * 3 and presto, the pricing issue is resolved.

If you want to spend more time on it, you could (and I think should) set the price level per item: common items: moskito missiles, Energiecells, etc. at for instance price * 1.3 and rare items like PPCs, Gauss cannons and Boarding Pods to price * 5 or something.
It looks like a steep price, but unless you actually have the ability to say "you cannot mail-order this, it is out of stock" you are making all items available regardless of their actual availability in-game. So a steep price is not unreasonable.

For the things that should not be sold, you can take a look at the script for the Player Workshops which offers a nice little menu yu can pick items from to add to your EQ docks, and set their price. That would be a good thing for you to look at and learn from - then you can decide what items you want available for mail-order via drone and what you do not want to sell.

Looks like a great idea. I may play with it a little tonight or tomorrow during my "home office" day :D
We are all explorers of the deepest reaches of space.
We don't just watch space on our monitors and listen to the sounds in it:
We, all of us, each and every one of us, owns, to a man, as many operational Space Shuttles as NASA does.
Yes, we're all that awesome. Give yourself a hug.

Icetrack
x4

Re: [SCR] U.D.D.S. - Universe Direct Drone Selling - [13/05/09---V1.0betha]

Post by Icetrack » Thu, 14. May 09, 14:15

Thats a good idea, I'll change the script as you suggested, maybe I should also find a way to display the price for every single ware in the waremenu, I'll take a look.
How about a due for the delivery? -drones aren't cheap. It could be set to 5 or 10% depending on the ware-price.

As soon as I can, I'll have a look at that script, you posted. This hole bunch of wares is annoying me, but I'll handle it ... ;)

Enjoy testing my script! :D

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 14. May 09, 18:56

Why not search for a place that actually sells whatever it is you want to buy, then send the drone out from that place (but make sure it goes around dangerous sectors, like Xenon ones). You then charge the player depending on how far the drone has to fly - say, 5% extra per sector the drone flies through, maybe 10%.

It's relatively easy to search for a factory that stocks a certain product, plus this would add a bit more realism to the idea.

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Thu, 14. May 09, 20:38

I am not sure but I think this is not that easy to make. I have not such a great ability in script-writing. ;) I don't know how to tell the drone not to fly through enemy-sectors and in fact right know any drone doesn't really exist.
What the script does is adding the wares to the ship. Its like a spawn after some time has passed which could possibly be the flying-time of the drone.

Maybe later I'll set a homebase for U.D.D.S. into the universe, that would be more realistic. Then a drone could fly from the base to the ship which has been chosen to get the delivery.
The problem is, that U.D.D.S. would become useless if the delivery takes to long and a freightdrone is relative slow. Thats why I said that these drones are a new technology -very small, but really fast minidrones.

If I would change the way the delivery works now, I think that I'd make it with a homebase or a headquarter or some depots in the universe from where the drones could start.
The wares would be stored in the depots or homebase, how this depots got the wares is the problem of U.D.D.S.. ;)

But I'll try this first, it will take some time. Right know I'm working on more realistic prices (see above) in fact this is done but I have to integrate a request as some kind of order acceptance, so the player knows how much money he is going to spend. Right know you don't know what a certain order will cost you.

Knetter_Gek
x3tc

Post by Knetter_Gek » Fri, 15. May 09, 19:09

dFalcon wrote:I am not sure but I think this is not that easy to make. I have not such a great ability in script-writing. ;)
Actually, I believe there is a trading command that does something like "find nearest available ware X at price Y"
There would have to be - how else do your factories know what number to show for the "number of jumps to buy/sell ware" in the trade menu for your station?

Wow. what a sentence. :roll:
What I mean is this. If you go to one of your own factories or stations, and you hit Trade/Set Station Parameters (D by default) then you can set the pricelevel for the various goods, and there is a number behind the price showing you how far away the nearest available seller / buyer is for that ware at the price you selected. You can probably use that if you can find it.

This is a design choice though. Do you want to make something available only if a local station sells it and then jack up the price by a small percentage for fuel (you have the distance now so you can just add X eCells per sector travelled ;) ) or do you want to make everything that can be bought "available" but at a greatly increased price? You could even mix and match. Let me give an example: someone buys 100 eCells through your service.

Scenario one:
* eCells are available 2 sectors away at 12 Cr each. You could script the sale to be cost of ecells at station + 300 credits per sector travelled + 1000 credits handling fee. (100x12 + 300x2 + 1000 = 2800)

Scenario two:
* eCells are not available anywhere, you could still sell them at say triple the max price per ecell + handling fee. (100x60 + 1000 = 7000)

The same thing would be true for Photon Pulse Cannons. Obivously the numbers would be more impressive. And you can add factors like multiply by the amount of space the items take up and he cargoclass or whatever you like.
All these are decisions you will have to make. I guess you should base those decisions on if you figure out how to program it and how much damage you want to do to your marriage by sitting up all night programming this script...
:heuldoch:
We are all explorers of the deepest reaches of space.
We don't just watch space on our monitors and listen to the sounds in it:
We, all of us, each and every one of us, owns, to a man, as many operational Space Shuttles as NASA does.
Yes, we're all that awesome. Give yourself a hug.

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Sat, 16. May 09, 19:11

Knetter_Gek wrote: Actually, I believe there is a trading command that does something like "find nearest available ware X at price Y"
There would have to be - how else do your factories know what number to show for the "number of jumps to buy/sell ware" in the trade menu for your station?
The Question is how to use it. Would be interesting too, to get the sector of the selected ship and then search for all factories selling the ware ... lets say 10 sectors around. Then the price-modifier could be coupled to that and it would result in a semi-realistic price-niveau (semi because normally the price should be defined by the amount of sold wares).

Knetter_Gek wrote:What I mean is this. If you go to one of your own factories or stations, and you hit Trade/Set Station Parameters (D by default) then you can set the pricelevel for the various goods, and there is a number behind the price showing you how far away the nearest available seller / buyer is for that ware at the price you selected. You can probably use that if you can find it.
I knew what you meant, after I read the first sentence. :P Even if my ability in using the english language is ... uhm .... lets say ... maybe I shoud visit a refresh-course ...
Knetter_Gek wrote:This is a design choice though. Do you want to make something available only if a local station sells it and then jack up the price by a small percentage for fuel (you have the distance now so you can just add X eCells per sector travelled ;) ) or do you want to make everything that can be bought "available" but at a greatly increased price? You could even mix and match. Let me give an example: someone buys 100 eCells through your service.

Scenario one:
* eCells are available 2 sectors away at 12 Cr each. You could script the sale to be cost of ecells at station + 300 credits per sector travelled + 1000 credits handling fee. (100x12 + 300x2 + 1000 = 2800)

Scenario two:
* eCells are not available anywhere, you could still sell them at say triple the max price per ecell + handling fee. (100x60 + 1000 = 7000)
That sounds interesting too, I'll try out a little, spend some time with it and get the taste of these commands. xD
Maybe I'll try out a combination. The Price could be highered depending on the count of factories selling the chosen ware and a delivery-due could be calculated by counting the sectors between ship and factory. But I'd like to hold it down, so selling something common like energy-cells shouldn't be completely useless because of the due. The due could also depend on the ware, or (as you said) it was possible to say that the delivery doesn't cost anything, if you order wares by a value of e.g. 1000 Credits.
Knetter_Gek wrote:All these are decisions you will have to make. I guess you should base those decisions on if you figure out how to program it and how much damage you want to do to your marriage by sitting up all night programming this script...
:heuldoch:
More important is, that I still advance in my studies, while working on that script. ;)
But there will be a way! We'll see. I hope so ... :P

RELEASE-UPDATE vers. 1.13

Changelog:
  • Warelist revised (Wares addes/removed).
  • Set pricemodifiers in three categories (+ 25%, + 75% und + 150%) Rare Wares should be more expensive now, which is more realistic. Those wares are marked, an explanation will be found on top of the Warmenu.
  • All wares which are not touched by the modifiers, are set to the highest wareprice. A delivery-due is inculded in this price now.
  • Before you finally buy anything you'll be asked -after a few seconds (process time)- if you truly want to buy the Ware(s) by cost of Z. The Unit-Price will be shown also.
Download:

To find at the end of the start-posting: Get to the start-posting

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Wed, 20. May 09, 23:03

RELEASE - Update vers. 1.20

Changelog:
  • Warelist revised (Cyklon-Rocket removed, Commodity Logistics Software added -only available if the script has been installed)
  • U.D.D.S. now searches for the nearest station selling the wanted ware. Depending on the distance between ship and station a delivery charge will be calculated. In-Sector deliveries are free, otherwise U.D.D.S. takes 120 Credits per sector. From 20 sectors distance on, the delivery costs ca. 6000 Credits and it won't increase from that distance on. If the value of bought wares is at least 12000 Credits, the delivery doesn't cost anything.
  • Depending on the distance between ship and station the time needed for the delivery will be calculated. It'll take at least 3 minutes (In-Sector) and at most 45 minutes, depending on the distance. The time is calculated randomly between two figures, so it won't be the same every time you buy something in the same distance.
  • The Delivery Time, Delivery Charge and the Station the ware comes from will be displayed in the bid which is transmitted to you by U.D.D.S..
  • All ware-prices aren't constant any longer. They'll change a little every time you buy something.
  • Needed changes in the t-file.
Download: Feedback is wanted, as always. I can simply change the delivery time and charge. ;)

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 18:15

RELEASE - Update vers. 1.40

Changelog:
  • Major improvements in script-code.
  • U.D.D.S.Transport-Minidrones are flying around in the universe now.(actually they're not delivering anything, just decoration -yet)
  • The System for price-calculations has been changed completely. Now its possible to make a true bargain, so prices depend on the truly available amount of sold wares within 40 jumps. However, its still possilbe to buy more than this amount, but you'll pay good for it. ;)
  • Changes in t-file. (page 8881, entry 22; page 8881, entry 34; page 8881 entry 41)
  • It'll take ca. 30 seconds till the command will be available in the ship-menu, from now on.
  • U.D.D.S. sector- and ware-library implemented.
Warning:
  • I did many changes in script-code, on my system everything worked fine but bugs are not excluded, make a copy of your savegames before using this script.
Download:

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 15:08

RELEASE - Update vers. 1.41

Changelog:
  • Solved an issue, that caused a crash while loading or beginnig a new game.
  • Is compatible to X³ TC vers. 2.1.
  • From now on, U.D.D.S. is available as spk-file for Cycrows Plugin-Manager.
Attention:
  • I did many changes in script-code, on my system everything worked fine but bugs are not excluded, make a copy of your savegames before using this script.
Download:

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 18:32

There is a bug in the part of the script, removing the bougt wares from factories. Till I'll be able to fix it, this Hotfix will remove this function from the script. Wares won't be removed from factories momentarily.

This time I'll just release a hotfix, overwrite the files with it. If you're using the SPK Version, install the spk-hotfix in addition to the main-spk.

DOWNLOAD:
  • Download removed. It is not longer needed, because version 1.42 was relaesed.

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 17:04

RELEASE - Update vers. 1.42

Changelog:
  • Crash-Bugs:
    • Eliminated bug, causing a crash somtimes, if the player orderd more than the truly existing amount of ware in the universe.
    • Eliminated bug, causing a crash sometimes, if the player wanted to buy something at max price and there was just an amount lower 20 units of ware in the universe.
    • This script should now be completely free of crash bugs.
    Content-Bugs:
    • Calculating the wareprice should work correctly now in all cases the player wants to buy less than 70% but more than 35%, the wareprice will be the averageprice of this ware in the universe.
    • Calculating the wareprice should work correctly now in all cases the player wants to buy less than 35% of the ware. The wareprice will be the minimum price of this ware in the universe.
    • Bought wares are removed correctly from the ware-cycle of the universe now. (First they're putted back, until the player decided if he accepts the bid or not). If the player declines the bid, the wares will be returned to the stations.
    • If the player wants to buy the Flak Artillery Array he truly buys it and no longer nothing.
    • Wares that aren't available in the universe (sold out or never produced) have the right price now. (+ 300% on the universe-max-price).
    • Delivery is now free when ever the player buys wares in order value of at least 12000 Credits.
    • The delivery-due has been reduced, its 60 Credits now. (Thats because of the new feature.)
    Menu:
    • Removed meanwhile invalid explanations for price-modifiers from the menu.
    New Feature:
    • If the ship -the order is sent to- left the sector the order was conducted in, an additional due of 80 Credits per jump will be calculated and removed seperately from the players shipledger.
      Also the delivery delays from 1 till 2 mizuras per sector.
      If the payer can't pay -he will get the wares anyhow- this additional cost, the money will removed interest-free from the shipledger as soon as he is liquid again.This due will be calculated even if the delivery was free, originally.
    Changes in t-file:
    • On Page 8881, entries: 22, 23, 24, 38, 40, 42.

Download:
Last edited by Icetrack on Sun, 21. Jun 09, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 07:12

first:

received a readtext when i tried to use this. looked in your 8881 file and the language id was still set to 49. changed it to 44 and was good to go. :wink:

i went ahead and made some corrections to the t file. you can do whatever you want with it. 8881-L044.rar

second: suggestions

1) if the player cannot afford to buy the item. would it be possible to let the player know how much they needed to buy the item(s). (this would give the player a chance to transfer funds from one their factory(s) if they are short of overall funds.)

2) on specific items maybe charge extra if the player isn't on good terms with that race. I.E. weapons, missiles, drones, and or race specific lasertowers. the extra charge could be based what rank the player holds for that race?

3) personnally i think this is a little bit low:
Delivery is now free when ever the player buys wares in order value of at least 12000 Credits.
maybe 150,000?

4) durning the second fianance check if player no longer has the funds to cover the expenses and they attempt to buy the item; how about an electronic filing/processing fee of 100 credits if the player accepts but doesn't no longer has the funds? sort of like having to pay for a bounced check....
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 17:57

draffutt wrote:first:

received a readtext when i tried to use this. looked in your 8881 file and the language id was still set to 49. changed it to 44 and was good to go. :wink:

i went ahead and made some corrections to the t file. you can do whatever you want with it. 8881-L044.rar
:oops: Thank you, I have changed it and used your file in the new download, its allready changed now.
draffutt wrote:second: suggestions

1) if the player cannot afford to buy the item. would it be possible to let the player know how much they needed to buy the item(s). (this would give the player a chance to transfer funds from one their factory(s) if they are short of overall funds.)
That is simple to change and a good idea, I will add this in the next update.
draffutt wrote:2) on specific items maybe charge extra if the player isn't on good terms with that race. I.E. weapons, missiles, drones, and or race specific lasertowers. the extra charge could be based what rank the player holds for that race?
I thought about that myself a few weeks ago, it should be possible but it is difficult for me to add it, because I don't know exactly which wares that would be. Are there wares ingame that you can buy only, if you have a certain rank of that race (this would be helpful, making it easier)?
draffutt wrote:3) personnally i think this is a little bit low:
Delivery is now free when ever the player buys wares in order value of at least 12000 Credits.
maybe 150,000?
It is very low, thats true, I chose this corner 'cause buying cheap wares shouldn't become needless, so the delivery-cost would be to high. But you're right, 12000 is to low.
draffutt wrote:4) durning the second fianance check if player no longer has the funds to cover the expenses and they attempt to buy the item; how about an electronic filing/processing fee of 100 credits if the player accepts but doesn't no longer has the funds? sort of like having to pay for a bounced check....

I'll think about that, but I'm not sure if this wouldn't be a litlle bit to hard ...

Thank you for fixing and changing the t-file and for your suggestions! :)

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 20:47

Using the games data files to check out what can only be bought at race specific factories and what is being offered by your script:

Missiles

terran:

Shadow, Spectre, Poltergeist, Wraith, Phantom, Ghoul, and Hammer Heavy Torp

Argon:

Firefly and Firestorm

Boron:

Tempest

Teladi:

Typhoon

Paranid:

Hornet, Hurrican, and Aurora

Split:

Thunderbolt and Tornado

Ammo:

terran:

Matter/Anti warhead

Teladi:

Gauss and Energy Bolt

Mines

terran:

Matter/Anti Matter mines

Boron:

Ion

Split:

Tracker

Question: so you can not buy Squash Mines with UDDS? it wasn't on the list of available items.

Guns

terran:

SSC, EMPC, and Matter/Anti Matter

Argon:

PBC and PRG

Boron:

Ion, ID, and IPG

Teladi:

FAA, GC, and EBC

Paranid:

PSG

Split:

ISR

If the player wants to buy the "anti-aircraft-artillery" (don't know if its called like that in english in german it is called "Flakartillerie") he truly buys it and no longer nothing.
Flak Artillery Array :thumb_up:

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Icetrack
x4

Post by Icetrack » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 21:20

draffutt wrote:Using the games data files to check out what can only be bought at race specific factories and what is being offered by your script:
That is really helpfull! Thanks a lot! :D :thumb_up:
draffutt wrote:Question: so you can not buy Squash Mines with UDDS? it wasn't on the list of available items.
True, thats because -I think it is mentioned in the handbook- that they're illegal in most systems because they're to dangerous ... you can't buy any illegal ware with udds.
draffutt wrote:Flak Artillery Array :thumb_up:

Well, anti-aircraft didn't make sence ... anti-spacecarft would be better, but thank you for the right name, I changed it above.

I'll start working on this next weekend, first I have to prepare for ... uhm ... again I don't know how its called right ... Let me say, I am studying and there is the correspondent of a class test -just at the university- on friday (is it called cloisture or exam in english??? In german its named "Klausur"). Its just an "example"-classtest but this one is imortant so I need some more test and training in it. ;)

Next weekend I'll begin with what you suggested and a new idea from the guys of the german forum: Making the height of the delivery-due depending on the ware-class (container-class) and the volume of the ordered wares. Its maching so both changes cohere to the topic "delivery-due".

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 22:15

forgot one:

drone:

Terran:

keris

np. glad to help make this script even better. and yea its called an exam :D
If the player wants to buy the "anti-aircraft-artillery" (don't know if its called like that in english in german it is called "Flakartillerie") he truly buys it and no longer nothing.
that is a very good idea

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”