Zen and the Art of Running away.. {spoilers guaranteed}

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

zackinger
x3tc

Post by zackinger » Wed, 13. May 09, 14:13

Perhaps (if Slug is still motivated to do DiD) we could get a scripter to make a custom start for him to play as Leo "Steve" Kayean according to the "movie" ending someone proposed earlier here.

Starting in a beaten up Terran Katana in Jupiter 2 with the same race relations Ma´k had (everything hostile except Teladi) and on a crusade to avenge his boss and friend :twisted: .

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Wed, 13. May 09, 14:17

+1 :thumb_up:!

And maybe he tries a few plots also ;)?

Cheers,
fOSSil

AcerbicMaelin
x3tc

Post by AcerbicMaelin » Wed, 13. May 09, 14:27

Nah, a game with Leo wouldn't be DiD. That guy obviously had the reload, retry, repeat process down to a fine art. How else do you think he managed to succeed on all those boardings? He was saving after every deck and reloading until he got it right.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Wed, 13. May 09, 16:15

AcerbicMaelin wrote:Nah, a game with Leo wouldn't be DiD. That guy obviously had the reload, retry, repeat process down to a fine art. How else do you think he managed to succeed on all those boardings? He was saving after every deck and reloading until he got it right.
That's a bit harsh. Looking at his stats for this game he has four unsuccessful boarding attempts, and that probably doesn't count when the marines just freeze doing nothing, also I don't think the game counts not getting through the hull as a boarding attempt. If you use salvage insurance it's listed in the stats too, but where could he buy any anyway? I'm sure he was best mates with Terracorps :)

craigr1982
x4

Post by craigr1982 » Wed, 13. May 09, 17:19

ah been mad busy these past few weeks and now I see I missed mak's demise.

Unlucky N-S.

Great story telling, just a shame you never got the chance to use those lifters.

Knetter_Gek
x3tc

Post by Knetter_Gek » Wed, 13. May 09, 22:15

AcerbicMaelin wrote:Nah, a game with Leo wouldn't be DiD. That guy obviously had the reload, retry, repeat process down to a fine art. How else do you think he managed to succeed on all those boardings? He was saving after every deck and reloading until he got it right.
When you've done the first three or four boardings and your guys are suffiiently high in rank they basically stop dying most of thetime. It's a streak of luck, for sure, but I don't think it's "impossibly lucky".
I've capped three TLs and two HPCs with the same 5 guys without losing any of them.
OF course, they started out as near 30 hopefull but ultimately fatally unlucky optimists.
We are all explorers of the deepest reaches of space.
We don't just watch space on our monitors and listen to the sounds in it:
We, all of us, each and every one of us, owns, to a man, as many operational Space Shuttles as NASA does.
Yes, we're all that awesome. Give yourself a hug.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Thu, 14. May 09, 13:44

I loaded the savegame and was having a look at N-S's fleet and a trader came through the gate, the Brig opened up and took out the trader but the trader dropped some fighter drones and what followed was one of the funniest things I have seen in this game. The Brig was lobbin PPC everywhere and took out the Alba with all the loot in it and one of the wifters :o

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 14. May 09, 13:49

insolent1 wrote:I loaded the savegame and was having a look at N-S's fleet and a trader came through the gate, the Brig opened up and took out the trader but the trader dropped some fighter drones and what followed was one of the funniest things I have seen in this game. The Brig was lobbin PPC everywhere and took out the Alba with all the loot in it and one of the wifters :o
HAHAHA! That sounds like it was full of awesomality.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Thu, 14. May 09, 16:40

I'd like a DiD (or not) story of the plot, as everyone else suggested... but don't y'all think it's time for NS to take a break from daily updates? I know if i were in his place i'd probably be sick and tired of 'em... but that's just me.

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Thu, 14. May 09, 17:23

amtie wrote:But don't y'all think it's time for NS to take a break from daily updates?
No :)

Trigger1112
x3tc

Post by Trigger1112 » Sun, 17. May 09, 18:23

Sorry I'm late. Just caught up from page 87.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rest in Peace Mak and thank you for a fantastic story Slug.

Some Boron are about to become sushi.

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Sun, 17. May 09, 20:05

Squiddy McSquid's relatives take vengeance.

Hartzaden
x3tc

Post by Hartzaden » Mon, 18. May 09, 15:03

AcerbicMaelin wrote:A Hollywood movie would show the ship exploding, but still in Ma'k's sector. Ma'k would curse, watching as the distant Terran fleet, surrounding the expanding cloud of rubble from Leo's Osaka, turn and set course for Ma'k's fleet, ready to chase him from their space or destroy him. Ma'k closes his eyes for a moment in grim acceptance, before keying in the order for his fleet to jump out. As his fleet disappears around him in a barrage of flashes, he opens his eyes again, bidding Leo a solemn but silent farewell, before punching his own jumpdrive, the last of his fleet to depart. The camera lingers, staring through the space that Ma'k's ship occupied mere seconds ago. As the fleet turns and resumes its patrol, two corvettes peel off from formation to examine and destroy the now gutted and adrift freighters that gave their jumpdrive to Ma'k's new lifters. Sombre music plays throughout, mourning for the loss of Steve and the Psychos.

One corvette drifts lazily past, the camera barely bothering to track it until, there - hidden behind a gun turret - a neat circular hole cut in the outer airlock door. The music picks up, sudden tension and hope - as the camera turns abruptly, swoops in through the hole, into the ship. It races down corridors filled with the signs of recent firefights - dead crewmen, blast marks on the walls, broken computer consoles and demolished doors. Finally the camera sweeps onto the bridge just in time to see one of the Psychos kicking a gun across the floor, away from the sprawled body of the Terran captain, and Leo 'Steve' Kayean settling himself into the captain's chair, the other Psychos taking up positions at various stations around the bridge.

"Right, lads," says Steve, the hungry smile on his scarred face mirrored in the other Psychos, the crew of his new ship. The camera pans around to show the view out the primary viewport, the other Terran corvette dead ahead, oblivious to its place here at the dawn of a new chapter in Leo's pirating career. He grins to himself. "Shiver me timbers!" Cut to end credits as triumphant music swells!

IF a scripter could make this start id defanatly play it. it shure would be one heck of a ride to git out of there

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 23. May 09, 00:03

Just wondering, are you going to do another tale?

Dolphin2
x3

Post by Dolphin2 » Sat, 23. May 09, 16:31

It could be wrote in a novel... Would be a pretty good story...
''The return of the Psychos''

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sat, 23. May 09, 23:53

stealthhammer wrote:Just wondering, are you going to do another tale?
Perhaps.

Contemplating starting a new game soon but haven't decided what restrictions to apply this time around. Fancy doing something a little different and I've a few ideas but I'm not sure it would translate very well into anything worth reading. Probably be a bit of a slow game.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sun, 24. May 09, 00:51

Hmm i think that the decision if its worth reading should be left to the readers Nuke :). Looking forward to your next Adventure.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Madruck
x2

Post by Madruck » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 15:38

I know this post is well after the effect but i have just got back into the X games with TC.

I have read this entire thread in just under a week and loved it. I have downloaded the pdf. of the Slugs previous adventure as a Boron and am highly looking forward to reading it (I know i have done it dackwards).

I would love to try DiD but will need a lot of practice first as i have been away since X2.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 15:53

Madruck wrote:I would love to try DiD but will need a lot of practice first as i have been away since X2.
First, welcome back. Second, one really doesn't notice how much they die until one tries DiD. I tried myself and the first 2 deaths were BS but the 20 after that were quite legit.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Deman
x3tc

Post by Deman » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 16:35

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote: Contemplating starting a new game soon but haven't decided what restrictions to apply this time around. Fancy doing something a little different and I've a few ideas but I'm not sure it would translate very well into anything worth reading. Probably be a bit of a slow game.
I'd give it another week or 2 for the new patch to be released.
Riot Games eSports Broadcaster - http://www.twitter.com/RiotDeman

Return to “Creative Universe”