[Script] Green Stations (aborted)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Script] Green Stations (aborted)

Post by Nividium » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 15:06

Name of Script Package: Green Stations
Version Number: 1.0
Date Released: 26/03/2009
Last Updated: n/a
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.4+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

NOTICE: This script has been removed from download.
It seems that X3TC Version 2 has broken this script.

Download Green Stations v1.0 (download suspended)!

Description:

Green Stations adds a new station command called [Station]-[Retrofit Station]. This commands a station to go green or to retrofit itself into using recyled garbage for it's primary resource needs. No more sub resource factories are required and no more "complex" are needed to be built. Say goodbye to ugly complex construction kit tubing and all of the assossiated degrading of your fps frames per second gaming. There is a cost for going green which is 3 times the value of the factory being modified, but it won't take long before you recoup that initial capital cost and begin to enjoy pure profit. The garbage is free and is beamed abourd your station/factory by passing ships, so you don't even have to pay for your primary resource (garbage) either. Refills of garbage are at intervals of between 15-30 minutes, so you won't run out of supply. Save yourself from dealing with all those sub-resource factories, Save your credits, save the X3 environment, save your fps, go green today!

Useage:

- You retrofit each factory one by one. Then, they can be stand alone or joined into complexes.
- You can join together retrofitted factories to create a complex of 100% modified factories.
- You can modify one or more factories and then join them to existing non-modified complexes.
- You cannot retrofit an entire existing complex.
- You can Complex together a number of finished product type factories ie: missles, guns, shields etc to form a one-stop-shop complex.
- You cannot retrofit a factory that is already contained within a pre existing complex.
- If you try to retrofit an already modified factory, you will hear a "beep" error.
- If you try to retrofit a complex, you will hear a "beep" error.
- If you don't have enough credits to buy the retrofit, Betty will say, "Insufficient Credits" error.

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. There is an uninstall script included, which will automatically reset a Global Variable which will deactivate the "keep.garbage.full" Global Process script. After you use the X3 Plugin Manager to uninstall the script package. Start the X3 game and load your save game. Wait a 1/2 hour. Check to see if "keep.garbage.full" Global Process has been removed from the Global Process list within the Script Editor. If it has, save your save game and exit X3 game. Start X3 Plugin Manager again. It will ask if you want to remove uninstall scripts. Answer yes. Close X3 Plugin Manager.

Version History:
Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: "<t id="1131">COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_31</t>"

Text File Used: 7231-L044.xml
Last edited by Nividium on Mon, 27. Apr 09, 23:55, edited 6 times in total.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 22:05

when you say "won't run out of supply", how much garbage is needed and how much do you get every 15-30 mins?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 18:40

This is crazy...

I LIKE CRAZY! :twisted:

Nice work, if I downloaded scripts I'd get this one!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Bubbinska
x3tc

Post by Bubbinska » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 06:21

For some reason my stations won't refill -

I bought two Argon stations: Cattle Ranch M and Wheat Farm M, placed them in Herron's Nebula and then immediately ordered them to Retrofit Station. This worked fine and when they had been retrofitted, they were automatically filled with Garbage and began to produce. After a while leaving them by themselves I noticed that they had not refilled their garbage and were blinking saying that they were out of resources. I sat around with 10x SETA on for about 10 minutes and they didn't refill their Garbage.

I don't really know anything about scripts in this game but since there are separate scripts for the Retrofit process (which also contains the initial garbage-fill) and the Refilling script, I assume that the Refilling script is broken.

I installed the script using the Plugin Manager, and haven't changed anything. Here's a list of my currently-installed scripts:

Code: Select all

Script Packages:
Autoscan Smugglers :: ttl :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 21/01/2009
Bulk Transporter Upgrade :: al_main repacked for TC by snwkill :: Yes :: 1.15 :: 12/02/2008
Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 28/10/2008
Explorer Command Extension :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.2.1 :: 28/11/2008
Green Stations :: Nividium :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 26/03/2009
LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector - X3TC :: Lazerath :: Yes :: v1.02 :: 06/11/2008
Mobile Ship Repairs :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.7 :: 06/11/2008
NPC Bailing Addon :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.6.3 :: 05/12/2008
Reduced Enemy Missiles :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 05/11/2008
Salvage Claim Software :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 25/10/2008
Salvage Commands and NPCs :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.5 :: 20/11/2008
Ship killed notifications :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.0.3 :: 16/11/2008

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 06:56

Question: Why did you add the garbage resource anyways? Why not just remove all resources from your factories completely?

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 07:59

Bubbinska wrote:...
I don't really know anything about scripts in this game but since there are separate scripts for the Retrofit process (which also contains the initial garbage-fill) and the Refilling script, I assume that the Refilling script is broken.
Yes, here we go again with intermitant reliability issues. I know the stations tested well and were refilling at my end when tested. I don't know what to say other than to uninstall the script.

Bubbinska
x3tc

Post by Bubbinska » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 08:24

Damn, that's a shame. I was really looking forward to producing free(ish) stuff. I suppose I'll have to settle for one of those closed-loop station complexes.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 08:33

There are other scripts on these forums that do the same thing by just removing all resources from the factory it's used upon. The one I'm primarily thinking of is 'Resource Free Factories' or something like that - it works very much like this one, except without the Garbage resource and it costs, I believe, 4x factory price, not 3x.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 14:42

Actually the Resource-Free Factory charges u a fee 3x the price of the factory. So basically it's 4x, including the purchase price of the factory itself.

RFF and Green Stations are essentially the same script, as far as end results are concerned (products without messy or CPU-loading complexes), it's just the implementation that differs.

amirite

Post by amirite » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 19:50

Hey guys try my script! By the way it doesn't work, so you probably shouldn't try it!
-TEVE

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 21:14

The script was working fine until X3TC version 2 came out. Version 2 must have done something to scripts that use background stock refill scripts to keep stations full.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”