[SCRIPT] Pandora Tunings -v0.2 - updated 15/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 22:45

Yeah, I've got a few complaints that the hints are not really sufficient to find those tuning boxes easily.
In my own game I have only found 2 of my own boxes yet :o - but they ARE out there, you just need to look harder.

Maybe I should think about a way to provide more in-game hints about their locations - or simply include a cheat script that reveals the locations for the impatient pilots out there...

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Wed, 10. Dec 08, 07:46

If you can only find two of the tunings and your the script author! That answers your own question!

TheLastHero
x3tc

Post by TheLastHero » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 17:05

How about adding random mission to ships example.

Money symbol

I hear you have some information about salvage?

Pirates attacked Boron convoy boron ran leaving behind advanced engine tuneings. For 2mil credits This boron will part with the location as its too dangerous for boron to return.

This way getting the location isnt cheating.. but its expensive.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 21:36

Yeah, something like that sounds reasonable enough.
Wont happen this year for sure though because I'm outta town for the holidays and cant run TC on my crappy old laptop here
:(

Tanooshman
x4

UMM - "Hints" are empty to my eyes

Post by Tanooshman » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 07:18

Uh oh. Leg pulling alert! There AREN'T any hints right, cause I sure don't anything in under over right or left of the "hints" or "Spoiler" buttons.

Fascinating idea though.

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 03:08

Yeah, I like the idea two posts above about paying for hints.

Also, would it be possible to make a box respawn randomly again after it's picked up, pretty much like the Shivan Dragons did in XTM when you killed one?

Tanooshman
x4

nice job!

Post by Tanooshman » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 19:26

Through the normal course of exploration and mining/trading I've found 4 crates over about 4 days since installing the package.

I like the logic behind the random placement! it doesn't "feel" like a cheat.

Of course anytime I actually go looking for 'em - NADA, ZILCH. Just like RL.

Good job.

[/list]

TiborB
x3tc

Post by TiborB » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 15:17

Does these boxes with engine/rudder tunnings respawn when collected ?
Or just 4 rudder and 4 engine tunnings are available and after collecting them no more ones are available ?

Grimshad
x3ap

Post by Grimshad » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 14:30

I'de also like to know if they respawn? I don't want to go waste picking it up with a crappy ship when I may find a better ship later that I would have rather used it on?

borgrel

Post by borgrel » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 17:58

Its simple........use 2 engine tuning on ur favourite M3+ so it can hunt down M5's.....3 rudder optimisations on ur choice of M6 so it can turn like a fighter and 2 engine tuning and 1 rudder on your choice of M1/2 so it doesn't seem as much like a fat pig.

Be careful though........remember that the ships acceleration rating doesn't change so putting all upgrades on an M2 is suicide, sure u can turn 90 degrees in 4 secs but u'll keep on drifting left for another 6km......especially if the M2 was going 400 at the time.

autosave22
x3tc

Post by autosave22 » Wed, 5. May 10, 00:21

I had a X3:R Split Raptor like that once. Some 300m/s
Called it "Sleeper Service" - seemed appropriate.
Only used it for special occasions.
:D

jklick
x3tc

Post by jklick » Tue, 27. Jul 10, 21:57

First time poster here...long time luker. I have loaded the Pandora script but I am not sure how to do what you suggest - "get a read out of the TD. Pandora Sectors" whatever it is. :) How do you go about getting into this? I have found it I think in the scripts section while in the game, but can't figure out how to open it to figure out which sectors to look in...thanks.

jklick
x3tc

Post by jklick » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 15:05

jklick wrote:First time poster here...long time luker. I have loaded the Pandora script but I am not sure how to do what you suggest below - "get a read out of the TD. Pandora Sectors" whatever that is. :) How do you go about getting into this? I have found it I think in the scripts section while in the game, but can't figure out how to open it to figure out which sectors to look in...thanks.
Spoiler

But your current game knows.
The script places the array of the sectors names used in global variable TD.PANDORA.SECTORS.
You could always read out that variable and narrow the search down... to some degree.
The exact coordinates of the crates within a sector are not saved anywhere though, a little searching would still be necessary.
Spoiler

jklick
x3tc

Post by jklick » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 17:36

jklick wrote:
jklick wrote:First time poster here...long time luker. I have loaded the Pandora script but I am not sure how to do what you suggest below - "get a read out of the TD. Pandora Sectors" whatever that is. :) How do you go about getting into this? I have found it I think in the scripts section while in the game, but can't figure out how to open it to figure out which sectors to look in...thanks.
Spoiler

But your current game knows.
The script places the array of the sectors names used in global variable TD.PANDORA.SECTORS.
You could always read out that variable and narrow the search down... to some degree.
The exact coordinates of the crates within a sector are not saved anywhere though, a little searching would still be necessary.
Spoiler

Maybe I am not asking the question correctly or perhaps I should post this somewhere else :) I don't know how to open or look at or read the TD.Pandora.Sectors to narrow down the search a bit...anyone home?

cracker0501
x3tc

Post by cracker0501 » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 17:45

How do i know it works i mean how do i know the game actually loaded it...i could be searching for days and days...

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 23:34

It notifies you that the pandorra script has been installed ingame. Could take you a save and reload, but then the message should pop up.

cracker0501
x3tc

Post by cracker0501 » Sun, 8. Jan 12, 16:28

Then i guess it doesen`t install correcltey cos i installed and uninstalled a few times but no message...

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 22. Aug 12, 22:34

I did it - again!

I took this little but very good piece of script and reworked it....

Features of my version:
  • - the choosen sectors for spawnig the tunings are COMPLETELY random!
    - the coordinates choosen are COMPLETELY random! Only conditional: min 100km and max 150km away from the center of the sector. (hehe, happy searching)
    - because of the raised difficulty to find the tunigs, every crate now has 20 units of tunings
    - added an incomming message for successfull installation of the script. (Sorry, cracker0501, there was no popup message in the original version, just a logbook entry. I missinformed you last time)
    - added german/englisch support (well, it's only the short incoming sentence)
Download my version.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 16:42

is there any pandora tunings mod that aren't located at extreme distances from the center of the sector?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”