[MOD] Terraformer Hub (Bug-Fix)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

[MOD] Terraformer Hub (Bug-Fix)

Post by Saetan » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 11:27

Egosoft added this Bug-Fix to the patch 2.7.
So it's not needed anymore if you have X³:TC patched at least to version 2.7

This modification replaces the standard dock for capital ships at the terraformer-/xenon-hub with the dock at the player headquarters. So undocking capital ships won't get destroyed anymore while the player is IS. The structures of the Hub stay unchanged. Only the scene-file of the hub got modified ... so there shouldn't be any problems with other mods.

To install you can use the method of a fake-patch. The files in the archive are named 08.cat and 08.dat and have to be extracted to the X³: Terran Conflict main directory. If there are already files with that name, simply rename my files to the next higher number which is available.

Tested with an OTAS Boreas and an Argon Collosus.

Download
Terraformer Hub (Bug-Fix) 1.0

Links
German description
Last edited by Saetan on Mon, 7. Jun 10, 23:36, edited 3 times in total.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 14:45

sounds cool. but what does mean
This modification replaces the standard dock for capital ships at the terraformer-/xenon-hub with the dock at the player headquarters.
only the docking manouvers are changed? or you added some kind of structure to the hub?

If this bug was so simple to fix why Egosoft did not fix it?
(to give something to do to modders perhaps?)
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 17:58

someone else wrote:sounds cool. but what does mean
This modification replaces the standard dock for capital ships at the terraformer-/xenon-hub with the dock at the player headquarters.
only the docking manouvers are changed? or you added some kind of structure to the hub?

If this bug was so simple to fix why Egosoft did not fix it?
Well, look at draffutt's mod that fixes alot of stuff. There are always things that are overlooked in patches for all games.

But oh great dark one - maybe pm draffutt for inclusion in his mod? And what part is it adjusting, tships? I'll check myself but I think it will be worth mentioning if this will upset other mods and what to look for.

EDIT - oh it's in objects\stations\station_scenes\tech\terraformer_hub_center_scene.pbd then I guess the chance for it upsetting any mod is less than minimal :oops:

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:21

There are two kinds of capital docks in X³: Terran Conflict ... the standard ones like at equiment docks and outposts (you leave the dock the other way as entered) and the one of the player-hq (you leave the dock nearly the same way, as you entered). With dock, I don't mean any structures of a station. I mean "the point" that defines were a capital ship docks.

The only change in this mod is to replace this dock, so only the hub-scene file got changed, als Locksley already posted. Nothing got added. No T-file got modified.

I don't know any mod, who changes the same file ... so there shouldn't be any incompatibilities with other mods.

Sorry for the short introducion text ... English isn't my native language, and sometimes I'm just lazy to think about a proper translation.

--- edit ---
someone else wrote:If this bug was so simple to fix why Egosoft did not fix it?
I don't know ... the hardest thing for me, was to find the right scene-file. Anything else was just like a "copy & paste" from the player-hq.

Maybe there are chances, that egosoft will fix this bug with that mod in the next patch? The turret-fix by Gazz got also used for patch 1.4.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:31

Maybe, but it's unlikely that "they" even read this thread here. If you have an easy fix like that, go DevNet and suggest it there.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:36

I'm not registered for the DevNet because I'm not interested into leave them my personal data and sign a "Statement of discretion".

Maybe someone else with a DevNet-able account want to tell them ...

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 18:45

Thanks for the explanation Saetan, now I know that this mod is what I need!

just a tought... to give the HUB more than 1 bigship docking bay is needed to create another "docking point" opening the Xenon Hub's model? (or a similar time consuming work)
or is another copy/paste affair?

If you can give it something like 2-3 docking ports that will be great!
Maybe, but it's unlikely that "they" even read this thread here. If you have an easy fix like that, go DevNet and suggest it there.
Agree! Your name will figure in the next Patch! :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 19:02

someone else wrote:just a tought... to give the HUB more than 1 bigship docking bay is needed to create another "docking point" opening the Xenon Hub's model? (or a similar time consuming work)
or is another copy/paste affair?
Just for function, other "docking points" in the scene file should do the job. You just have to keep the correct distances between them.

But, in my opinion it would look bad, if the additional capital ships would dock without a "connection" or quite far away of the hub ... so, for optical reasons, there would be station moddeling necessary.

--- edit ---

I've sent a PM to BurnIt! and told him about this mod. Who knows, maybe it gets official in the future.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 20:34

To solve the issue of self-destructing capital ships (when they undock) I suggested some months ago a script/mod that disables the ship's collisions for about 15-20 seconds when it undocks (as it is when it DOCKS at the station), but nobody was interested...

IMHO this "fix" would resolve all big ships undocking problems, but I'm unable to do it...

:oops:

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 20:53

Bertone wrote:To solve the issue of self-destructing capital ships (when they undock) I suggested some months ago a script/mod that disables the ship's collisions for about 15-20 seconds when it undocks (as it is when it DOCKS at the station), but nobody was interested...

IMHO this "fix" would resolve all big ships undocking problems, but I'm unable to do it...
I don't think so ... in case of the hub, the capital ships just would fly "deeper" into the station-modell ... 20 seconds would be to less, they would never pass the whole hub ...

Also, I believe it's better to "cure" the cause of an problem, and not just to treat the symptoms. ;-)

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Thu, 16. Apr 09, 02:54

Yes, I know, but the problem is present on all other stations that allow docking to big ships.

Albatross, Phoenix and sometimes other ships do explode or destroy the station manoeuvering when undocking...

But I don't want to go OT, this is the Hub thread.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 03:08

@ Saetan do you have a problem if i include this in my main bug fix i released?
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 08:26

@draffut

It's ok.
It would be nice, if you mention my name for this fix when you use it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”