Terran Conflict, Split Espionage and Sabotage, Eyes and Ears, Fly to Family Zyarth

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

momona
x3tc

Terran Conflict, Split Espionage and Sabotage, Eyes and Ears, Fly to Family Zyarth

Post by momona » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 19:21

Cannot start/complete the following mission:Terran Conflict, Split Espionage and Sabotage, Eyes and Ears, Fly to Family Zyarth.

I've flown to Family Zyarth several times in several different ships and the mission will not acknowledge that I've flown there. This is a critcal mission because I cannot delete it and without being able to complete this mission I cannot move beyond the initial Terran scenarios to access the new content of the Terran Conflict game.

Please help!

How can you restart or delete a critical mission with no time limit?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 19:33

Game version? Any scripts or mods? Did you misplace captain pearle?

momona
x3tc

Post by momona » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 19:44

Running 2.0a.
I have no scripts or mods running.
I'm on the 3rd part of the mission: 1. Dock at Asteroid Belt (complete), 2. I forget the details but it's greyed out therefore it's complete, 3. Fly to Family Zyarth.
How do I find out if I misplaced Captain Pearle?
I vaguely remember that name...I've been stuck on this mission for a couple months to I've been playing the other missions.
I completed the Operation Final Fury mission and I'm trying to collect the ridiculous amount of Ore needed for the Xenon Hub mission.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 19:52

You were supposed to bring Capt. Pearle along with you on the mission. He should show up in your cargo hold, iirc.

If you the ship you were flying when you accepted the mission didn't have Cargo Life Support and enough free cargo space, he'll have been left behind. Likewise if you swapped ships somewhere along the line and didn't transfer him over.

If he's not onboard any of your ships then he should spawn as a Terran Astronaut near the playership - you need to find him and pick him up.

momona
x3tc

Post by momona » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 19:59

Thank you so much!
Is there any way to do a search to find where he is located...just in case he was left at a dock, it that's possible?
If he respawns, how often does he respawn?
I'll start the game and just idle in space to see if an Astronaut will appear, if so, then I'll pick him up then fly to Family Zyarth.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 20:18

I'm not sure what the exact mechanism is.

I believe there's a script in the TC Scripts & Modding forum which will locate him.

racetech

Post by racetech » Mon, 11. May 09, 02:57

I am also having problems with this mission. I do have capt. pearle and when i go to family zyarth and place the satellites the mission wont move on. Everything I have read people are talking about losing the capt. or not being able to move on because they dont have him so im confused on why i cant when i do have him. any help would be appreciated.

joe

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 11. May 09, 17:17

How are you placing the satellites?

Using 'Deploy Satellite Network' apparently doesn't work - you need to just drop them from the frieght screen.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 11. May 09, 17:25

Hi guys.
There was a bug with finding Pearle if you lost him. In 2.0a, the guidance should point to him if he is not in your ship. He should always be in a space suit somewhere, unless you left him at the Terran Dock from the start of the mission. The bug with that part of the mission is that the objective doesn't update to 'Deploy Satellite' once you find him again and pick him up.
The mission should continue after you pick up Pearle, and continue to deploy the satellites in the sector you need to.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

racetech

Post by racetech » Tue, 12. May 09, 00:13

thanks carlos that was the trick. i guess i just hadnt thought to try that.

eltano

Post by eltano » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 23:29

and what happends if I deploy my first satelite ok, my mission guidance point to other sector and when I arrive to the sector and I deply the satellite nothing happens ???

Aparently I lost the Capt. (people in cargo bay - empty - ) but I cannot find it and the guidance is pointing always to a sector, not to a spacesuite ??

thanks

Version: 2.0a

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 01:49

Not sure if it includes an update for this mission, but I suggest you update to 2.1 anyway.

Try backtracking and looking for him - he should be doing his best to catch you in a spacesuit. Seems people have had the most luck in Omicron Lyrae.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”