Couple quick questions? Modified Game? 2.0a?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Redprodigy35
x3ap

Couple quick questions? Modified Game? 2.0a?

Post by Redprodigy35 » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 20:58

Just went out today and got the DVD X3: Terran Conflict 2.0
I'm getting back into the game after a long break and have some questions/observations?

1.) My game is vanilla. Started a custom game, and it's always popping up ***modified***. Is this a known issue, or better yet is there a known work around?
2.) How do I go about checking if I have the correct patch? Outta the box X3:TC 2.0 requires patching to 2.0a or not? The updater in game is telling me I'm on the latest version and do not require patching.

These last two questions I'm not sure if they belong here, but since I'm posting and never do:

1.) Is there a bulletin board in game... I seem to have forgotten what stations have this feature or how to access it.
2.) Is there anyway to set default controls to "classic" or reunion style?

Thanks for your time.
Intel i5 4690k
MSI 4G GTx 970
Asrock z97x Killer
2x4GB Crucial Balllistix XT
w7

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 21:32

1) Custom games are always Modified - the Custom game slot is intended for use with highly modified universes that would break the plot by (for instance) deleting plot-critical ships, stations and even sectors. That's why it's called "Custom" game, rather than "non-plot" game.

2) Try starting a non-custom game and see if that is Modified.

1.) No. It has been superseded by the mission-icon-and-communication game-mechanic - look for an icon attached to a ship or station, comm it, and talk to the character (with the correspnding icon) offering a mission.

2.) SHIFT+N activates "classic" mode, though you do have to reassign some of the controls to improve the match.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 22:19

In answer to the first question 2, I offer this...
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”