[SCR][V0.95][07.04.09] Extended Trade Command Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[SCR][V0.95][07.04.09] Extended Trade Command Software

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 00:58

The Extended Trade Command Software is a trading script for X3TC. The script adds a command to the "trade" menu of the ship command console.

With this command, you can make a queue of the commands "Buy ware...", "Sell ware...", "Buy ware for best price..." and "Sell ware for best price..." with additional options, such as setting a jumprange, price limits and storage thresholds specifically for that ship and ware. There is a maximum of 100 tasks, so you have plenty of room for supplying many stations, or supply one station with many wares.
  • When the ship does not perform a task (like when there are still enough wares at the homebase etc.), it skips this task.
  • Arriving at the end of the list, the ship jumps back to the first entry.
  • The ship needs to be homebased on a station, not a ship

Recommended Software
  • Trading System Extension: Command will not display without
  • Trade Command Software MK1: Adds Command options "Buy Ware..." and "Sell Ware..." to menu
  • Trade Command Software MK2: Adds Command options "Buy Ware best..." and "Sell Ware best..." to menu
As the Trade Command Software options are only available with a homebase, this does also apply to this command.

What you can do with this script
  • Setting a ship-/ware-specific price threshold that is different from the station's default settings
  • Setting a ship-/ware-specific jumprange that is different from the station's default settings
  • Buying and selling multiple wares with just one ship
  • Keeping a certain amount of wares in the homebase, only selling the surplus of complexes and stations
  • Keeping a certain amount of wares in a destination station (NPC or player), or only delivering wares to stations if they run out of resources
  • Selling any surplus of the resources of a factory (for even more profit)
Menu structure / Starting the command

[ external image ]
Image 1: Starting the command from the "Trade" Menu

[ external image ]
Image 2: Creating the task queue. The queue will be stored on the ship and is still available when you restart the command

[ external image ]
Image 3: Adding an entry to the task queue.

Script install instructions:
The script is packed as a .zip file. Inside of that, you find a folder named "scripts", and a folder named "t". Move the contents of the "scripts" folder to your game's "scripts" folder, and the contents of the "t" folder to your game's "t" folder. After starting the game, you need to Activate the Script Editor (unless you have already done so).

Script uninstall instructions:
After following the install instructions, you find a file named setup.plugin.xttcs.xml in your game's "scripts" folder. Remove it, and this script will not bother you anymore.

Warning
This script is dumb. It will accept input even if that input makes no sense (like delivering wares to a station that does not need them). It will not do the most urgent thing on its list first, but the next entry on its list. For more clever routines, you may want to consider using the CAG or CLS by Lucike.

Also note that this version is 0.9 beta, which is a beta version that has not been tested extensively yet. I think it works, but that's just me.

Resources
Pageid/Textid: 8772 (44/49)
Command: TRADE_431

Download
[ external image ]
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Tue, 7. Apr 09, 21:53, edited 3 times in total.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 01:08

You didn't seem to go very in depth of what the script is going to do.

I mean, you told us, but you didn't really sell it.

Make me want it.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 01:12

Treelor wrote:...Make me want it.
a) I wrote it because I want it, not because I'm trying to sell it.
b) I'm not done yet. ;)

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 06:18

On the first glance, this thing looks to be quite OK-ish.. Two things that I feel as acceptable for inclusion..

1) A signal when it has done it's tasklist.. (Or does the "Notify me when command is complete" work with this?)

2) An Inclusion of a loop structure (Fairly simple for use, just "..."; "Do"; "looped orders"; "Loop"; "Afterloop orders"...
Though this should include some While/Until checks, I believe that would ease the operation of some structures.. Or just a "loop 5 times" thing..

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 12:54

I see I didn't make it clearly enough yet: When the ship is done with all the tasks, it will start again with task 1. That's the "loop" structure. It's not possible to make custom loops within this structure.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 13:14

will this work with a non-station homebase?

it seems like it would be ideal for repeated buy-best for collecting weaponry for new capital ships.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 15:19

semiliterate wrote:will this work with a non-station homebase?
No. This only works for ship homebased on stations (factory/dock/complex).

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 15:34

Well I think this is class, a great pieces of work and a much welcome addition.

This will turn the Trade Posts & Nodes of my FDN mode into real cash cows.

Thanks so much :)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 22. Apr 09, 21:30

I've been using the script for a few days and think it's great. I've been waiting for a script where I can set what I want my trade ships to sell.

I was just wondering if you were planning on upgrading or adding more features, such as use of Jump Drive?

LA

lionheart_001

Post by lionheart_001 » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 20:45

Simtech Ltd,

Will this be able to pick up say 2 different wares from either selected stations or 'any' (best buy) stations, and then deliver to the selected Home station?

What I need is to have freighters supply my stations for contiunous, automatic production so I can be out doing my own things and not worry about running out of meatsteak cahoona's. Finding a ship program that can keep a station equipped with 2 or 3 Wares has been difficult to find.

What would also be cool is if you had an option to 'pick up' freight or 'drop off' freight, not just purchasing. Reason is, that in an automated set of trade routes for supplying and transfer of freight among your 'own' stations, you would not be purchasing, only transferring freight. Thus it would enable station owners to use this unique program as well.

I must say though, this does look very good. I am going to check it out. Many thanks for sharing it with us.

LH

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”