[WIP] [ Guide ] Editing current game starts

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

[WIP] [ Guide ] Editing current game starts

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 22:05

Im writing this guide for the total noob like me to understand and to show them how easy it can be to set up a game start more to there liking.

Im not going to tell them how to get corvetts ( M6 ) or bigger ships. Im just going to explain how to mod the game start to add an M3 with weapons and equipment. It is a work in progress and its meant to be easy to read and follow. I need to reserve the next post for copying a game start to make your own game start.

Gandy's Mini Guide On Editing Game Starts.

Ive seen this question asked a lot "How do i edit game starts" so with a little luck i explain it well enough for you to mod your game start.

I will not be covering making a new game start ( as i not 100% sure how to do that ) but i will cover how to edit the current ones and how to create a copy of one with your own options on ships, weapons and equipment in game name and game start name. Also i will only be using M3's as the example ships.

Where to start..

There is only two files to edit so there is not a lot of swapping between files making sure you have it all correct but you will need to make sure you note some stuff down.

The files to edit are.

gamestarts.xml
start.xml

These files can be found in 03.cat and to extract them you will need X3 ModManager
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=220964

A good xml editor to use and a free one is Cooktop ( 2.5 is the latest version and thanks to apricotslice for telling me that's the one he uses in one of his guides ) and i do recommend you get a xml editor as using notepad is a nightmare for this.

Lets start with the easy one to edit.

Modding gamestarts.xml.

Lets mod the Argon Patriot start

Here is the default code for that start in that file.

Code: Select all

<!-- Argon Patriot -->
  <gamestart id="104" name="{1900,2004}" description="{1900,2104}" difficulty="{1900,2201}" image="start04" plot="1">
    <player name="{1900,2304}" species="{1900,2404}" gender="{1900,2504}" age="{1900,2604}"/>
    <!-- Omicron Lyrae -->
    <sector x="13" y="6"/>
    <ship typename="SS_SH_A_M4P"/>
So thats the code to edit so lets change the ship to a M3 class argon ship. We have 5 classes or Nova , 3 versions of the Eclipse.

I will use the Nova Vanguard for this.. now the code for the Nova Vanguard is SS_SH_A_M3_2

maybe you will think.. what dose SS_SH_A_M3_2 mean.. well let me explain a little on that.
The first SS, well someone else can explain that as i have no idea what it means.
The SH stands for Ship.
The A is the race.. ( Boron would be B and Paranid would be P if you know what i mean )
The M3 is the class of ship which in this case would be the Nova ( remember there is 5 versions of the nova.
The last bit is the tricky bit as this one has a 2. It does not go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 but in this case there is a 1, 2 and 3 and the other 2 versions end in something different.

If you look back to that bit of code i posted, look at the bottom line.. i know you guessed it.. that's the ship class code. In this case the default one is SS_SH_A_M4P which is the Elite. To change it to the Nova Vanguard you would need to edit it to SS_SH_A_M3_2. It has to have capitals letters as well, if you don't use them it wont work and could crash the game or you will find your self floating in space in a space suit.

So now we have the ship we want to use, now is time to set up the weapons and equipment

Editing the start.xml

This is not that hard and if all goes wrong you can always delete is and start again as you are not changing core files at this point. I did that a few times as i was learning.

Here is the default code for the Argon Patriot game start.

<do_when value="{player.gamestart}" exact="104" comment="Argon Patriot">
                <reward_player>
                  <money min="1800" max="2000"/>
                  <notoriety>
                    <relation race="argon" operation="set" exact="friend"/>
                    <relation race="boron" operation="set" exact="friend-2"/>
                    <relation race="paranid" operation="set" exact="shunned"/>
                    <relation race="split" operation="set" exact="nodock"/>
                    <relation race="teladi" operation="set" exact="neutral"/>
                    <relation race="goner" operation="set" exact="friend"/>
                    <relation race="pirate" operation="set" exact="enemy"/>
                    <relation race="khaak" operation="set" exact="min" mutual="1"/>
                    <relation race="xenon" operation="set" exact="min" mutual="1"/>
                    <relation race="atf" operation="set" exact="{lookup.notoriety@noton1}"/>
                    <relation race="terran" operation="set" exact="foe" mutual="1"/>
                    <relation race="yaki" operation="set" exact="foe" mutual="1"/>
                  </notoriety>
                  <equipment>
                    <ware typename="SS_SHIELD_B" exact="2"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_LASER_PAC" exact="4"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_BOOST" exact="1"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_L_A" exact="1"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_SCANNER2" exact="1" comment="Duplex Scanner"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="({player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH213.maxcount}/4)*3" comment="Engine Tunings"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH231" exact="1" comment="SETA"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH242" exact="1" comment="Video Enhancement Goggles"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH246.maxcount}/4+1" comment="Rudder Optomisation"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH251" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH251.maxcount}/3+1" comment="Cargo Bay Extension"/>
I wont be covering notoriety in this but weapons and equipment is cool as we want to keep the game start as close to the original as we can. Remember we are just changing the existing game start.

Knowing your ship is very important at this point as you don't want to fill it full of stuff you cant use as that will use all your cargo space.

Lets cover shields first as that's part of the equipment list and easy to understand.
SS_SHIELD_B is the 5mj shields which is weak for that ship as we want the max 25mj it can handle.

SS_SHIELD_A = 1mj shield
SS_SHIELD_B = 5mj shield
SS_SHIELD_C = 25j shield
SS_SHIELD_D = 200mj shield
SS_SHIELD_E = 1GJ Shield
SS_SHIELD_F = 2GJ Shield

So A, B, C, D, E and F is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 correct so now we know we need to swap SS_SHIELD_B for SS_SHIELD_C but this does not give us max shields for that ship. Look at this line <ware typename="SS_SHIELD_C" exact="2"/> that tells us we have the correct 25mj shield but this part (exact="2" ) tells us we only have 2 of them when the ship can have 3 so a simple edit from 2 to 3 will give us the max shields for the ship and that's it.. we chose our ship and we maxed it out with its shields so what's next.. the best bit.. weapons.

Editing weapons.

Editing the weapons is very important as having the ship maxed out with High Energy Plasma Throwers will drain the energy so quick you will be avoiding the enemy more than killing them so picking them is more about keeping the balance to stay in the fight for longer.

You have 8 main weapon slots and a turret to fill up if you want, my personal choice for this ship would be.. 4 High Energy Plasma Throwers or Energy Bolt Chaingun assigned to group 1 and two Ion Disruptors assigned to group 2, now that takes up 6 weapon slots which is fine as you can kill any M3 quickly or take down there shields to see if they will bail out to give you a free ship. With the Nova Vanguard you have a choice of 7 weapons in the main slots so the choice is not that hard.. just use what ever weapon you prefer.

This is the line we need to edit or copy if you wish to add more than one weapon type to your load out. <ware typename="SS_LASER_PAC" exact="4"/>

SS_LASER_PAC = Particle Accelerator Cannon
SS_LASER_HEPT = High Energy Plasma Thrower
SS_LASER_IRE = Impulse Ray Emitter
SS_LASER_EBC = Energy Bolt Chaingun
SS_LASER_IOND = Ion Disruptor
SS_LASER_PRG = Phased Repeater Gun
SS_LASER_MASS = Mass Driver

So we have the weapon codes but you want more than just one weapon load out.

At this point i don't know how to add them to groups in this script file so you will need to do that on when you first run the game start you chose to change but lets say you want 4 High Energy Plasma Throwers and 2 Ion Disruptors. We know what the code looks like by the default one so we would need to change the first entry to..

<ware typename="SS_LASER_HEPT" exact="4"/>

and remember the exact=4 part gives us the amount to equip on the ship.

to add the Ion Disruptors its better if you copy that line and change it to..

<ware typename="SS_LASER_IOND" exact="2"/>

And that will give you 4 High Energy Plasma Throwers and 2 Ion Disruptors to play with.. BUT remember when you start the game start you will need to set the groups up.

Now we have a new ship, Shields for that ship and weapons its time to cover equipment and the hardest part to cover.. so you have two choices.. read on or leave the default equipment as it is.

for this part i will cover adding a Triplex Scanner, Jump Drive, Freight scanner and Mineral Scanner

If you remember the code for editing start.xml you would of seen this with with it

<ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="({player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH213.maxcount}/4)*3" comment="Engine Tunings"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH242" exact="1" comment="Video Enhancement Goggles"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH246.maxcount}/4+1" comment="Rudder Optomisation"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH251" exact="{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH251.maxcount}/3+1" comment="Cargo Bay Extension"/>
that covers the equipment on the default setup but we need to add a few more items to that list and explain what is in there already.

The default wares for that game start are..

SS_WARE_BOOST - Boost Extension
SS_WARE_L_A - Argon Police Licence
SS_WARE_SCANNER2 - Duplex Scanner
SS_WARE_TECH213 - Engine Tuning
SS_WARE_TECH231 - Seta
SS_WARE_TECH242 - Video Enhancement Goggles
SS_WARE_TECH246 - Rudder Optomisation
SS_WARE_TECH251 - Cargo Bay Extension

and the codes we need for our few extra bits are.

SS_WARE_SCANNER3 - Triplex Scanner
SS_WARE_WARPING - Jumpdrive
SS_WARE_TECH275 - Mineral Scanner
SS_WARE_TECH276 - Freight Scanner

As before copy one of the lines above, im going to use the one for Boost Extension and paste it below SS_WARE_TECH251 and remember you only need one of each so make sure exact="1"/> has a 1 in it.

<ware typename=" SS_WARE_SCANNER3 " exact="1"/>
<ware typename=" SS_WARE_WARPING " exact="1"/>
<ware typename=" SS_WARE_TECH275 " exact="1"/>
<ware typename=" SS_WARE_TECH276 " exact="1"/>

If all has gone well it will look like this..

<reward_player>
                  <notoriety>
                  </notoriety>
                  <equipment>
                    <ware typename="SS_SHIELD_C" exact="3"/>
	        <ware typename="SS_LASER_HEPT" exact="4"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_LASER_IOND" exact="2"/>
                    <ware typename=" SS_WARE_SCANNER3 " exact="1"/>
                    <ware typename=" SS_WARE_WARPING " exact="1"/>
                    <ware typename=" SS_WARE_TECH275 " exact="1"/>
                    <ware typename=" SS_WARE_TECH276 " exact="1"/>

And that's it.. that's how to edit a current game start so have fun and enjoy your edited game start

Next it will be copying an existing game start to make a new one with your own name and game start name.

Comments are welcome even if negative :)
Last edited by gandy|UKCS| on Sun, 1. Mar 09, 23:40, edited 4 times in total.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 22:05

Creating a new game start based on an existing one

Files to edit.

gamestarts.xml
start.xml

You will need to take some notes on this part as when you create a new start you will need to write down the game start id.

This is not to hard to do.. its quite easy so let me explain how to do this.

So here is the default game start for the Argon Patriot as it is in the gamestarts.xml

<!-- Argon Patriot -->
  <gamestart id="104" name="{1900,2004}" description="{1900,2104}" difficulty="{1900,2201}" image="start04" plot="1">
    <player name="{1900,2304}" species="{1900,2404}" gender="{1900,2504}" age="{1900,2604}"/>
    <!-- Omicron Lyrae -->
    <sector x="13" y="6"/>
  </gamestart>
The best place to paste it once you have copied it is below the Bankrupt Assassin start

There is not much to change in this so lets get on with that.

The game start id is the first thing we need to change so for this i will be using a game start id of 168 as its not being used and we dont want to break any of the current game starts

gamestart id="168"

Next is the name of the game start. This bit you need to be a little creative on what to call your game start, so i will call mine "Gandys Game Start"

So this line
name="{1900,2004}"
will change into this
name="Gandys Game Start"

You are free to call your game start what ever you want and you can take out the { and } but leave in the "

Adding a discription to the game start is done the same way as before

description="{1900,2104}" will now be..
description="Robbing everyone to fund my battles"

The next part i left alone as it only points to a piece of text that says normal so leave that alone.

Now the image you want to display on your game start, there is a choice of 13 images. I decided on the forth image ( the guy from X3:Reunion ) so start04 as my image.

When you extract the files from 03.cat you will see the images in L/true/ folder and i guess you can add your own but make sure they are in the jpg format and no bigger than 128x192 pixels

If you change plot="1" you will disable the plots in the game so best not to play with that.

Player name for me would be Gandy so go ahead and change it to what ever you like.. be creative and have fun choosing one :)

Species, gender and age you would do the same way as before.. so if you wish to change them please do

If all has gone well it should look like this...

<!-- Gandys Start -->
  <gamestart id="168" name="Gandys Game Start" description="Robbing everyone to fund my battles" difficulty="{1900,2201}" image="start04" plot="1">
    <player name="Gandy" species="{1900,2404}" gender="{1900,2504}" age="{1900,2604}"/>
    <!-- Omicron Lyrae -->
    <sector x="13" y="6"/>
  </gamestart>

Editing Start.xml

See how simple that was.. next we need to edit start.xml to create the other part of the game start we need

There is really not much to edit here but you will need to copy and paste the game start of your choice. There is two main parts to copy and the first part is and i chose to paste mine below Pious Paranid part but i guess you can post it anywhere in that first section.

<set_value name="Terran Link Plot" exact="1"/>
                <set_value name="HUB Plot" exact="1"/>
                <set_value name="HQ Plot" exact="1"/>
              </do_when>
This first line is all we need to change

we need to change the game start id ( remember i told you to write that down ) to exact="168" and change the comment to the name of our game start so for me it would be "Gandys Start"

it should look like this if all has gone well :)

<do_when value="{player.gamestart}" exact="168" comment="Gandys Game Start">
                <set_value name="Terran Link Plot" exact="1"/>
                <set_value name="HUB Plot" exact="1"/>
                <set_value name="HQ Plot" exact="1"/>
              </do_when>

The next part we need to copy and paste is ( and you will need to scroll down till you find it )

<reward_player>
                  <notoriety>
                  </notoriety>
                  <equipment>
                    <ware typename="SS_SHIELD_B" exact="2"/>
                    <ware typename="SS_LASER_PAC" exact="4"/>
                  </equipment>
And like the last part we just edited we only need to do the top line of the code so the top line looks like this.

<do_when value="{player.gamestart}" exact="168" comment="Gandys Game Start">

And again i pasted mine below the Pious Paranid and that's it.. you have created your very own game start and if you read the part on editing a current game start that will tell you how to add equipment and change your ship.

You don't have to merge these files with 03.cat as you can create a folder called director and a folder called L with a sub folder called true but this will give you a modified tag when you run the game start.

So next time you run your game you should see your own game start with your custom image if you chose to use one there for you to start playing with and having fun :)

here is mine so if you want a look click the image to make it bigger
[ external image ]

Next to come will be a list of all M3, M4 ships, Weapons and usable equipment for your ship and there codes for these files.
Last edited by gandy|UKCS| on Mon, 2. Mar 09, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 22:26

A list of ship equipment

SS_WARE_TECH275 - Mineral Scanner
SS_WARE_TECH276 - Freight Scanner
SS_WARE_TECH277 - Trading System Extension
SS_WARE_TECH251 - Cargo Bay Extension
SS_WARE_TECH213 - Engine Tuning
SS_WARE_TECH246 - Rudder Optimisation
SS_WARE_TECH241 - Docking Computer
SS_WARE_TECH242 - Video Enhancement Goggles
SS_WARE_TECH231 - Seta
SS_WARE_TECH226 - SETA Boost Extension
SS_WARE_L_A - Argon Police Licence
SS_WARE_L_B - Boron Police Licence
SS_WARE_L_S - Split Police Licence
SS_WARE_L_P - Paranid Police Licence
SS_WARE_L_T - Teladi - Police Licence
SS_WARE_BESTBUY - Best Buys Locator
SS_WARE_BESTSELL - Best Selling Price Locator
SS_WARE_BEAMING - Transporter Device
SS_WARE_WARPING - Jumpdrive
SS_WARE_LIFESUPPORT - Cargobay Life Support
SS_WARE_BOOST - Boost Extension
SS_WARE_STRAFE - Strafe Drive Extension
SS_WARE_SCANNER2 - Duplex Scanner
SS_WARE_SCANNER3 - Triplex Scanner
SS_WARE_SW_NAV_1 Navagation Software MK1
SS_WARE_SW_TRADE_1 - Trade Command software mk1
SS_WARE_SW_TRADE_2 - Trade Command software mk2
SS_WARE_SW_FIGHT_1 - Fight Command software mk1
SS_WARE_SW_FIGHT_2 - Fight Command software mk2
SS_WARE_SW_SPECIAL_1 - Special Command Software
SS_WARE_SW_NEW2 - Software Signature Scrambler
SS_WARE_SW_NEW3 - System override Software
SS_WARE_SW_NEW13 - Trade Command software mk3
SS_WARE_SW_SUPPLY_1 - Supply Command Software
SS_WARE_SW_EXPLORE_1 - Explorer Command software
SS_WARE_SW_PATROL_1 - Patrol Command Software
SS_WARE_SW_CARRIER_1 - Carrier Command Software
SS_WARE_BIOSCANNER - Bio Scanner

This list might not be complete, also i will add lasers and M4 and M3 ships to this list later
Last edited by gandy|UKCS| on Thu, 5. Mar 09, 08:34, edited 2 times in total.

toasteroven
x4

Post by toasteroven » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 22:45

THANK YOU for posting this.

There's so many bits and pieces to learning this spread all over the scripting forum, and you answered some questions that I just couldn't find. This helps immensely.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 22:58

Its not finished yet. I will finish the equipment part tomorrow along with copying the game start to create your own.

I will also be adding the codes for equipment, weapons and ships up to M3 class

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 23:07

what program did you use to extract the cat file?

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 23:38

I used X3 ModManager by doubleshadow

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=220964

ediko

Post by ediko » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 18:41

:lol: I will tell you an even easier way to make game starts . Download Cheat script, choose any start and just edit it as much as you like add ships money etc :P

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 19:48

ah but that is no fun.. and the temptation for most to put on god mode is not playing the game, Creating your own game start is an interesting way to start the game, much better than cheating, a small ship boost with a few extra bits of equipment does not compare to using the cheat package imo but each to there own, people need to play the game the way they see fit even if that means cheating.

Also im half way through creating a custom game start based on an existing one ( i will finish it later and get it posted ).

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 21:46

some of us actually want to make a harder start or like me make a pirate start to hopefully use in a pirate mod if i so choose(and am able to learn ) thanks for all the info so far gandy

ediko

Post by ediko » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 22:28

Yeah i just say that its easier. What i did was start as x-universe destroyed my ship spawned arrow tuned it to the max made all races hate me removed all money :lol: That was funny running away from the capships and that argon one. Yes its cheating, but its alot easier for me to cheat that do all this hassle to get a new start.

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 23:06

nitromethane wrote:some of us actually want to make a harder start or like me make a pirate start to hopefully use in a pirate mod if i so choose(and am able to learn ) thanks for all the info so far gandy
I will try to learn about the notoriety part and post my findings but i hope that does not take long ( hope it takes a few hours or less ) as i want to create my own start and set how much the races hate me so i can struggle at getting back in there good books.

Edit

Posted Creating a new game start based on an existing one :)

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 00:58

ok ive managed to enable the yaki insurgent start and reversed the notoriety for pirate and yaki, changed ship to mamba, changed to 2 pbe and 2 pacs(will probly change to 2 hepts instead of pacs) put myself in hatikvas faith, put surrounding sectors on my nav map. now how do i change the name of the game start?

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 04:56

wow i didnt think it would be that easy as to just type it in. thanks for your great write up gandy

ok using numbers only you race ranks are as follows starting from rank number 1 as highest race rank(eg hero of federation etc)

rank
1. 100% = 1,000,000
1. 0% = 333,333
2. 0% = 100,000
3. 0% = 33,333
4. 0% = 10,000
5. 0% = 3,333
6. 0% = 1,000
7. 0% = 333
8. 0% = 100
9. 0% = 33
10. 0% = 10
11. 0% = -10
12. 0% = -100
13. 0% = -1,000
14. 0% = -10,000
15. 0% = -100,000
16. 0% = -1,000,000

i have not bean able to figure out how to get the bounty hunters after me yet though

Kakurate
x4

Post by Kakurate » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 02:20

Where can I get a list of wares and their in game names?

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 02:28

if you have already downloaded doubleshadows x3 editor you can find them in the t files located in 03.cat/types and in the various tlasers tships tware files

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 08:39

Kakurate wrote:Where can I get a list of wares and their in game names?
Ive added the list here
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 45#2792245

ive left out some as they are not needed ( they are for the large AI ships ) and the other one i have left out is from one of the plots.

I still need to add weapons and M3/M4 ships to the list as well as the race Notoriety ( been busy so not had much time ).

nay043
x4

Laser

Post by nay043 » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 03:31

My First post on here :D and a small contribution to your wonderful tutorial.
Here's all the lasers:-

SS_LASER_PD - Plasma Burst Generator
SS_LASER_IRE - Impulse Ray Emitter
SS_LASER_PAC - Particle Accelerator Cannon
SS_LASER_PRG - Phased Repeater Gun
SS_LASER_EBC - Energy Bolt Chaingun
SS_LASER_FBL - Fragmentation Bomb Launcher
SS_LASER_PBE - Pulse Beam Emitter
SS_LASER_EMP - Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannon
SS_LASER_CIG - Concussion Impulse Generator
SS_LASER_IPG -Ion Pulse Generator
SS_LASER_ESR - Ion Shard Railgun
SS_LASER_MAM - Matter/Anti-Matter Launcher
SS_LASER_PAL - Phased Array Laser Cannon
SS_LASER_PSG - Phased Shockwave Generator
SS_LASER_PPC - Photon Pulse Cannon
SS_LASER_IBL - Incendiary Bomb Launcher
SS_LASER_PSP - Point Singularity Projector
SS_LASER_PBC - Plasma Beam Cannon
SS_LASER_TUG - Tractor Beam
SS_LASER_IONC - Ion Cannon
SS_LASER_MASS - Mass Driver
SS_LASER_HEPT - High Energy Plasma Thrower
SS_LASER_IOND - Ion Disruptor
SS_LASER_GAUSS - Gauss Cannon
SS_LASER_MINING - Mobile Drilling System
SS_LASER_REPAIR - Repair Laser
SS_LASER_TRIBEAM - Tri-Beam Cannon
SS_LASER_FUSIONBEAM - Fusion Beam Cannon
SS_LASER_DUMMY1 - SPARE LASER 1
SS_LASER_DUMMY2 - SPARE LASER 2
SS_LASER_KH_ALPHA - Alpha Kyon Emitter
SS_LASER_KH_BETA Beta Kyon Emitter
SSS_LASER_KH_GAMMA - Gamma Kyon Emitter
SS_LASER_FLAK_ALPHA - Flack Artillery Array
SS_LASER_FLAK_CLUSTER - Cluster Flack Array
SS_LASER_TERRANANTIFIGHTER - Starburst Shockwave Cannon
SS_LASER_TERRANANTIFIGHTER_1 - Prototype Starburst Shockwave Cannon
SS_LASER_EMP_1 - Experimental Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannon
SS_LASER_MAM_1 - Prototype Matter/Anti-Matter Launcher

I don't know if they're all correct, I haven't had time to test all the ones I was unsure of.
Thanks for the great guide :D and I hope this helps out :)

-nay

Zypherg
x4

Post by Zypherg » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 08:01

nitromethane wrote:i have not bean able to figure out how to get the bounty hunters after me yet though
you can find that in "3.05 Gamestart Missions.xml"

edit: for example

<cue name="L3M05 117" check="cancel" comment="Yaki Insurgent">
          <condition>
            <check_value value="{player.gamestart}" exact="117"/>
          </condition>
          <cues>
            <cue ref="LUM10">
              <params>
                <param name="Cue" value="L3M05 117"/>
                <param name="Race" value="{lookup.race@paranid}"/>
                <param name="Name" value="20042"/>
                <param name="Delay" value="30"/>
				<param name="Amount" value="15"/>
				<param name="Difficulty" value="{lookup.level@hard}"/>
				<param name="RealRaceOwned" value="1"/>
              </params>
the file and code above are "Mission Director" stuff and the bit of code actually references another file "U.10 Send Squads.xml" that make the Bounty Hunters spawn.
so a look here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=196971 should help make some sence of the MD stuff

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 20:34

How does one make a custom start appear under "Custom game" while NOT replacing the "X-Universe" start?

Does one have to copy job and maps and plus a whole lot of other things?
(I just want it there since I'm kinda picky ;))

My contribution

TWareF

Cloth Rimes - SS_WARE_F217
Meatsteak Cahoonas - SS_WARE_F218
Space Fuel - SS_WARE_F219
Stott Spices - SS_WARE_F227
BoFu - SS_WARE_F228
Massom Powder - SS_WARE_F237
Rastar Oil - SS_WARE_F238
Majaglit - SS_WARE_F247
Soja Husk - SS_WARE_F248
Nostrop Oil - SS_WARE_F257
Space Weed - SS_WARE_F258
Terran MRE - SS_WARE_TR_F5
C-Ration - SS_WARE_TR_F6

TWareB

Delaxian Wheat - SS_WARE_R214
Argnu Beef - SS_WARE_R215
Plankton - SS_WARE_R224
BoGas - SS_WARE_R225
Scruffin Fruit - SS_WARE_R234
Chelts Meat - SS_WARE_R235
Soja Beans - SS_WARE_R244
Maja Snails - SS_WARE_R245
Sunrise Flowers - SS_WARE_R254
Teladianium - SS_WARE_R255
Swamp Plant - SS_WARE_R256
Protein Paste - SS_WARE_TR_R1
Vita Kai - SS_WARE_TR_R2
Carbo Cake - SS_WARE_TR_R3
Flavour Pack - SS_WARE_TR_R4
Water - SS_WARE_WATER

"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”