[Script] Apocalypse 1.3 25/2/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Script] Apocalypse 1.3 25/2/10

Post by LV » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 23:53

I was bored so i have created a simple script pack which will cause an apocalypse in the entire universe

Imperial Library Scripts

You must install the lib scripts

---

Apocalypse Downloads

[ external image ]

Unpacked Version

[ external image ] SPK version

Once installed once you start your game you will be given the option of choosing your enemy, You can choose any race to be the enemy!

Once chosen the Entire universe will suffer a fatal unknown virus attack which turns every single ship and station and sector under control of that enemy.

The only sectors left are Khaak, Xenon & Pirate and empty sectors

You many then choose 1 ally of any race, Stations will be built of that race holding a few needed products.

You have 4 Difficulty Options

Code: Select all

Easy
Medium
Hard
Imperial
Depending on the choice you will receive a maximum of 10,000 credits and a minimum of 500 (Imperial). You will be transported to a new ship which will range from M5 (Imperial) to M6. The ships will be of Khaak design. All your other funds and possessions will be destroyed or converted

If you choose easy be careful when docking as the ship does like to explode when undocking! :)

Also depending on difficulty, you will be given a maximum of 0-3 empty stations in your sector that have had their resources altered so it is slightly easier to build their products

On easy you get all 3, a spp powered by silicon, a missile factory building thorns needing ore+en and a jumpdrive fab needing energy and debris

Debris is left after every enemy ship kill.

The higher the difficulty the less stations you get.

As every ship will now be under enemy control it wouldn't be fair not to kill them and get the credit reward for doing so along with the increased rep with your allied race, these ship also will leave debris when destroyed (required to build the jumpdrives ;) )

Also you will gain a command in your combat menu Take Sector. Once a sector is sufficiently cleared you will be able to send marines to storm stations and return their ownership to their rightful owners with a huge rep boost and take back sectors.

Commands

1. Storm Base

As long as any of your ships have marines onboard they will fly to under 10k of the chosen station and fly in to take back control of the station and give control of it to it's true race

Marines sent under this command will never be able to log the vanilla stats of successful boards etc because i don't think it's possible.

That said for each station sacked their stats will increase.

If you send low level marines there is a very good chance the station will detect them and kill them, the station will also kill high level marines if they are mixed with padwan's, remember this!

Once the marines have docked the station will be claimed when it's shield is dropped to 0.

Marines still docking will be shown in blue, marines that are hacking are white!

1. Return Marines
A new hotkey will be available, on choosing it you will be given the option of returning player marines that have finished their task or returning all.

Marines that have captured a station will automatically return to their homebase but on occasions they will need to be called via the hotkey even after the station has been captured.

Player marines (shown in green) can be commed via target marine/c to reset their homebase if it is destroyed. You will find in their navigational menu a command for "Marine Options" enter 3 as the value.

----------------------------------

1. Call Support
Once your notoriety with your chosen support race is high enough you will be hailed and gain this command in your combat menu, if that race has any capital class ships in a sector your have wiped the virus from by capping all the stations the will jump into the sector to aid you in your fight

1. Build Station

If you get as far as capping a TL you can build stations as long as your rank with the chosen friendly race is high enough. You can either pay for the station to be deposited into your TL or research it which takes time

1. Build Gate
When your rank is high enough you may be given one of the chosen friedly races M1's, this ship (and this ship only) will allow you to build a jumpgate to any sector as long as you have 2 construction kits onboard (construction kits are found on enemy TL's ;) )

------------------------------

The aim of this plugin is to capture back all the sectors, the higher the initial difficulty level you choose the higher the reward you get for killing enemy ships.

The difficulty chosen also effect your starting ship and sector.

Once run there is no going back, remember this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a public beta before final release, please do your best to break it and cause me as many headaches as possible :x

-------------------------------------------------------------

This has obviously being designed to be a serious combat test )
Last edited by LV on Thu, 25. Feb 10, 20:30, edited 16 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 00:00

Sounds interesting. Where do you get the marines to take the stations from, if there is nowhere to buy them from (at the start)?

Cheers.

Tim

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 00:00

Sweet mercy this sounds awesome...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 00:23

I can magic marines out of my arse, it's getting them to leave my ships that's the current problem ;)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 00:34

I'm not sure as that source of marines makes this script sound quite so appealing...

:P

How do you mine? If you start on imperial, I assume you would have to force something capable of XL freight to bail, and the one friendly base sells mining gear?

And, is the friendly base indestructable? It would put a damper on your mission if it got toasted at the start ;)

Tim

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 06:17

Questions First,
1, Will the enemy be able to finally be eliminated, i.e. (make the Xenon or Kha'ak stop re spawning) once you get to that point.
2, Could you add the (imperial) Race that we can add already and they pretty much take over the universe anyway. :-)

I Think this is a great [WIP] and can barely control myself in Eager anticipation.

Also This script may help you with the marine issue, (I hope)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=236295

I haven't played with it yet, as I hate flying TP

Gridd

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 08:59

I really can't wait for this script !!

It wil completly change the way you play the game.

One question : will you keep the old combat missions you are given in stations and that give you plenty of cash for a very easy job ?

Also, when you start the script, if I got it correctly, all the sectors will turn hostile except the ones from you ally, right ?
What will happen to their old stations ? Do they stay ? Including th shipyards ?

Wouldn't it be more "logical" to make it a custom start and removing the plot ?
Because if a player who has already started a plot, then plot related ships and stations will be "converted" too, which might cause problems like making some plot missions being impossible too complete...

Of course, you could make the HQ available by other means, like getting a X Treme rank in Deathmatch Arena ;)

Keep up the good work, and good luck with that script.
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 13:52

sweet jumping Odin.....

This is gonna be awesome....

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 15:48

Sounds interesting :) perhaps this will make having fleets and other craft useful

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 18:41

perkint wrote:How do you mine? If you start on imperial, I assume you would have to force something capable of XL freight to bail, and the one friendly base sells mining gear?

And, is the friendly base indestructable? It would put a damper on your mission if it got toasted at the start ;)
The dock created sells the baldrick and sells the mining laser, as it stands if it is destroyed that's it gone but it is very easy to respawn it although i may just add some capitals in the homesec so there is the risk of losing it forcing the player to defend the sector

The idea is to keep what you kill/cap, i'd be after a ts very soon after i started
Gridd wrote:1, Will the enemy be able to finally be eliminated, i.e. (make the Xenon or Kha'ak stop re spawning) once you get to that point.
yes returning all stations to their og owner will revert the sector back also
Gridd wrote: 2, Could you add the (imperial) Race that we can add already and they pretty much take over the universe anyway. :-)
i can rename one of the races to Imperial Laboratories like i have in my other plugin without too much hassle, i'll consider it but with the enemy options above it's not that big of a deal
Ikaruga wrote:One question : will you keep the old combat missions you are given in stations and that give you plenty of cash for a very easy job ? .
dunno i suppose once a station and sector is taken back they will be offered
Ikaruga wrote: Also, when you start the script, if I got it correctly, all the sectors will turn hostile except the ones from you ally, right ?
What will happen to their old stations ? Do they stay ? Including th shipyards ? .
they all turn to the enemy race

Ikaruga wrote: Wouldn't it be more "logical" to make it a custom start and removing the plot ?
Because if a player who has already started a plot, then plot related ships and stations will be "converted" too, which might cause problems like making some plot missions being impossible too complete...
i thought that but tbh when i had a galxy full of just khaak/xenon it seemed a tad boring, using the races assests is better to me as their is more variety for murder death capping

as far as plot, if someone runs this plugin they would do so on the understanding the plot has gone bye bye

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 17:10

this thing is nearly ready but i have 2 problems

I have written the marine code now and the script works as intended where stations are stormed and taken back, the problem is the only way i am able to do this is to clone marines on the ship and send them to storm the base, this means i have to re-create the marines with their relevant skills and kill the marines on the ship, when the marines are returned i do the same again.

this means the marines used storming stations would not gain the vanilla "successful boards, etc" which would be reset to 0 every time

this would leave you with the problem that although they could be trained (and they need to be ;) ) it would be pointless to use them on boarding ships to up their stats

any idea's ???????

The plugin now will warp you to a specified sector depending on the difficulty chosen, I have also added an option to play DiD (removes all SI from the game) and a hotkey for swift marine return and reset homebase settings

i'll have a test version as soon as i work out why when creating a gate in argon s148 to link the hub sector (this is where your going to on imperial difficulty) gate i can spawn without issue i CTD

$gate works fine, adding $gate1 code = ctd

001   $sec = get sector from universe index: x=13, y=8
002   $gate =  create gate: type=3 addto=$sec gateid=0 dstsecx=14 dstsecy=8 dstgateid=0 x=23434 y=-3239 z=-9098
003   $id = $gate get gate id
004   $as148 = get sector from universe index: x=14, y=8
005   $gate1 =  create gate: type=2 addto=$as148 gateid=1 dstsecx=13 dstsecy=8 dstgateid=$id x=-32456 y=-3239 z=-9098
007   return null
LV's TC Scripts

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 17:25

LV wrote:They could be trained (and they need to be ;) ) it would be pointless to use them on boarding ships to up their stats
Why pointless? Are the experience stats actually used in the boarding calculations? I thought it just went off skills, which you can retain?

Yeah, you lose the bragging rights of, "He's caught me 55 stations!!" but he would still be a 5 star across the boards, so does it matter?

Tim

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 18:39

LV, you had the gate id's set incorrect. Generally, you want them to be the same as the gate type setting. I tested the code shown below and it sets the gates up properly. However, you will need to fine tune the x,y,z on gate.1, as, you end up part way inside the Hub and too close to the gate.1, trapped inside the Hub's model shell, so to speak.

001   $unknown.sector = get sector from universe index: x=13, y=8
002   $sector.m148 = get sector from universe index: x=14, y=8
004   $gate.1 =  create gate: type=3 addto=$unknown.sector gateid=3 dstsecx=14 dstsecy=8 dstgateid=2 x=23434 y=-3239 z=-9098
005   $gate.2 =  create gate: type=2 addto=$sector.m148 gateid=2 dstsecx=13 dstsecy=8 dstgateid=3 x=-32456 y=-3239 z=-9098
007   return null

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 10. May 09, 20:07

this script is now available for it's first public beta

it is automatically disabled via the alp option menu and must be turned on.

I reccomend a fresh start on any level but it will also work with an existing save.

Once run there is no going back, remember this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LV's TC Scripts

Gridd
x4

its Crashing

Post by Gridd » Sun, 10. May 09, 21:56

Hello LV, Trying this out and so far it has crashed 2 times once just looking at the info on the station in the sector i get Jumped to.,., and another when transferring items between 2 m5's. I am going to try eliminating possible conflicts but with it being script based, Other mods shouldn't affect this. Correct?.

Will report back again. I do have many other scripts installed but started a fresh game. saved and reloaded then turned on the plugin. :?

Greetings,

Gridd

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Mon, 11. May 09, 03:19

Installed and played for a while, no problems* and super fun :D but I wonder
is it possible to get the missile fab and jumpdrive fab in hard/imperial start?

(Playing "Hard" level at the moment")

*Is the Goner Trade dock supposed to spawn a load of Mammoths? So far there is 68 of them..all docked at the station :)
"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. May 09, 18:19

the fabs are defined by difficulty, eg imperial = you need to cap the terracorp HQ to get JD's

as far as the mammoths i fecked up my library scripts yesterday when packaging and reverted back to an older version (i had hoped to get away with it ;) )

i'll fix and upload a fix tonight/tomorrow
LV's TC Scripts

CraterFace

Post by CraterFace » Mon, 11. May 09, 23:15

Cool! Can the library just be updated or do one has to restart?
"Various empirical models (intelligent approximations based on intuition, guesswork, and fiddling adjustable constants)."

Gridd
x4

New Problem Sortof

Post by Gridd » Tue, 12. May 09, 03:57

Hey LV This is really fun Thank you.
Although i have a small Glitch to report as well. In the Shipyard type station that we start with the extensions and software are not equipment. At least trading remotely, trying to test more and verify other conflicts as well. It looks like the previous crash was happening when i had Pelador's drones and workshop installed.

Thanks again.

Gridd

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Tue, 12. May 09, 07:35

i also have this glitch with the software and such in the argon base also do the hostiles just not bail ive killed 30 or so and nothing the only bails i get are from civilian ships when i can find them. trieds it with both terran and imp as hostile will try with a race next

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”