[Script] JumpPoint v1.40b (19/10/2011)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 21:11

Quite a nice script using gates :p

Some thought:
  • NPC WILL use the new gates, as soon as they meet the "tag" stating them as gate or warpgate however, i think you should be careful when only using a North gate for building as NPC only know one entry/exit side of the gate,
    (player can use both) and that can create problems.

I experienced it when scripting the Advanced Hyperdrive mobile gate creation function,NPC can clog the gate making a real space traffic jam as if you, for example create a north gate, NPCs will always use the "south" side of it to enter it.

So if you place a north gate somewhere and a NPC coming from the north of it want to enter .... it won't enter by the north side but by the south side of it ... so it will do a trip all around the gate to enter via the south side, and if you put your linked gate from 2 very interesting sector for NPC they will surely use the gate go all around depending of ortientation and create a traffic jam due to the colision avoidance
    I think you should do as i did in advanced hyperdrive and choose gate orientation to be in function of sectors that will be linked to avoid those possible space traffic jam.

It should be noted that even player owned ship will have this same behaviour, only your current ship can enter a gate via the "wrong" side.
  • Using TOA are nice, but i'm not sure if you can target them as jumpgate, i mean, those in the terran sectors can't be the beacon of a standard jump, and i think using TOA will prevent them as being the target of regular jump
  • Why do you restrict the deployment of a gate to the playership only ? I mean this could be done OOS and ordering the command on another ship that meet the requirements, i read the code and i don't see why you are restricting the command to the playership
  • Maybe this is the script intention, but there is no delay on gate creation, thus creating and linking gate can be done very quickly and can be used as tactical advantage in hostile sector due to gate not being destroyable (except by script) once created
  • Linking could possibly be done on the fly, when creating one gate check free gate available and open a menu if so, to propose linking straight on
That's all i see for now :)

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 21:27

sweet mod, I can't until you get the gate rotation alogarythms implemented, then I will try and combine this with the AHD mod so the singularity gate projection will use the TOA model instead of the ordinary gate model.

As for using this to a tactical advantage I suppose that depends on how you play the game. I personally intend to use the station gates in this mod for permanent sector links, while using the AHD gate creation for a military asset, thus to balance the game more and overall make it more fitting to the CRM doctrine (Coldstar Ressurection Mecha is the company name I use in the X series)

awesome work man, roll on the next release!
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 21:42

I had a look at some others scripts that use gates such as the debris utilise and repair script, JumpPoint v1.1 will make the gate a NESW gate depending on sector placment.

I used TOA's for balancing reasons, I didn't want players to just jump to the Jumppoints/TOA's, so it's intentional, however, it wont stop the player from jumping to other gates in the sector or get a reduction in energycells used.

you have a good point about the deployment being playership only, my idea was not to allow you to send a scout to the other side of universe place a gate then link it to where you are, I wanted the player to work to create gates. the modification should be simple to do, I'll have a look at it.

adding a delay on gate creation I think would be a good idea, again I'm very conserned about balance (the reason why the flatpacks are expensive) and this idea would be a way to prevent overabuse of the script.

I never thought of popping up a menu after a gate has been created, keep those ideas coming :)

Edit: TOA's are created using create gate, the gate type is in the range 5 - 8 for the different gate directions

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 22:50

aquemnun wrote:sweet mod, I can't until you get the gate rotation alogarythms implemented, then I will try and combine this with the AHD mod so the singularity gate projection will use the TOA model instead of the ordinary gate model.

As for using this to a tactical advantage I suppose that depends on how you play the game. I personally intend to use the station gates in this mod for permanent sector links, while using the AHD gate creation for a military asset, thus to balance the game more and overall make it more fitting to the CRM doctrine (Coldstar Ressurection Mecha is the company name I use in the X series)

awesome work man, roll on the next release!
Humm if you want to make the gate created by AHD be TOA instead of standard gates, replace the type of gates witch numbers range from 0 to 4 by numbers ranging from 5 to 8.
You'll however lose the possibility to use those newly created gate as beacon for standard jump.
Anyway with point to point jump already present in AHD, this shoudn't be such a hassle

Well, i'm spoiling this thread :p
I'll probbly put a poll on the AHD thread if people prefer TOA or standard gate for AHD :)

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 01:19

I've uploaded version 1.1 here's the change log

v1.1
Rotates Gates to face either NESW depending where placed
pops up a menu on second gate deployed
will check if it's near another gate, and will move TOA away from gates close by
delay on linking gates
6 gates in a sector limit
doesn't have to be playership to deploy TOA's

v1
creates TOA's
Links TOA's
Repacks TOA's
Last edited by BinaryBoy on Tue, 17. Mar 09, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 09:15

Loky77 wrote:if you want to make the gate created by AHD be TOA instead of standard gates, replace the type of gates witch numbers range from 0 to 4 by numbers ranging from 5 to 8.
dude, thank you, I have been trawling your mods code for ages to see how you could change the gate types for the singularity projector. now i can use my custom MSP's and have them look right (Mobile Singularity Powerplant, creates and links gates, uses the atmosperic lifter model)

UPDATE: ok i have installed the mod and the only problem i have found is that the name isn't right for the ware instead it is just listed as "" (empty) with 1 volume and no ware class. I'm not sure if this is something i have done but if I find out i will let you know.
the subject discovered

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 23:54

aquemnun wrote:UPDATE: ok i have installed the mod and the only problem i have found is that the name isn't right for the ware instead it is just listed as "" (empty) with 1 volume and no ware class. I'm not sure if this is something i have done but if I find out i will let you know.
do you mean AHD mod or the Jumppoint mod, if it's jumppoint, it might be something to do with EMP renaming the wares at startup, I found that a reload usually fixes the ware name.

EDIT: I'm having afew problems with the destroy/uninstall feature, I'm going to change it so that it only works on selected TOA's and has a rollback function. please don't use the uninstall feature at the moment.

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 06:59

new version that should help workaround some problems with the uninstall, the new gate removal isn't as drastic as the original uninstall because it works on individual gates/TOA's

changelog is as follows

Changelog
--------------------------------------------------------------
v1.2
bug fix where gates would be placed if player didn't select a position
bug fix where gates would be moved 10km away regardless of position
bug fix where flatpacks would get removed from cargobay even when no position had been selected
destroy/uninstall feature replaced with Remove/Rollback Gates(see Gate Removal)
Jumppoint flatpacks should restock every 30 minutes at the OTAS shipyard
Special Command software actually needed now

v1.1
will check if it's near another gate, and will move TOA away from gates close by
delay on linking gates

v1
creates TOA's
Links TOA's
Repacks TOA's

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Wed, 18. Mar 09, 11:43

reload? as in just start the game again once it has been initially loaded?
ok cool, sweet job btw, thanks for making yet another area of CRM physically possible }:)>
the subject discovered

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Thu, 19. Mar 09, 01:34

you don't need to restart the game, just dock in a station and load your autosave. or you can reinit the script editor, that will rerun all the startup scripts but might cause a duplicate in my stock script (already sorted in next version).

Edit: here's the change log for 1.3, there shouldn't be as many frequent updates after this one

v1.3
type of gate now automaticly stored when using gate remover
stock script should check itself every 10 minutes and stop running if nessesary
OTAS shipyard should restock every 10 minutes
null values removed from link list if unlinked gate was removed using gate remover
flatpack will spawn if gate(s) are removed using gate remover
you can now select the gate type (TOA or Gate) you wish to create

v1.2
bug fix where gates would be placed if player didn't select a position
bug fix where gates would be moved 10km away regardless of position
bug fix where flatpacks would get removed from cargobay even when no position had been selected
destroy/uninstall feature replaced with Remove/Rollback Gates(see Gate Removal)
Jumppoint flatpacks should restock every 30 minutes at the OTAS shipyard
Special Command software actually needed now

v1.1
delay on linking gates

v1
creates TOA's
Links TOA's
Repacks TOA's

Gundus#

Problem with menu jumppoint

Post by Gundus# » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 15:30

Hi!

First, thanks for your work. I installed your "Jumppoint" Script and the necessary mod, i got the jumppoint flashpacks and the menuline under "special" (jumppoint), but there is no further select option.

The insert of the menu, "deploy" etc., is not there. When i select "jumppoint", the computervoice of the game says "computer activated", but nothing happens (i have the flashpacks allready in my ship).

Can there be a problem with the language? My game operates in german.

Is it regular that the flashpacks are named in code? I checked the correct copy of the scripts and haven't found any wrong thing.

I would appreciate your further help.

Bye!

Gundus - Austria

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 16:44

the t-files for your game all end in L049, whereas english uses L044. thing is, changing the filename isn't enough, and i don't know what else to do.

so: open the tfiles with, um, something that can read them, and find L044 and change it to L049, then change the filename, is I THINK the procedure.

but i have not done this myself so no guarantees.

Gundus#

-

Post by Gundus# » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 19:33

I will try. Thanks.

BinaryBoy
x3tc

Post by BinaryBoy » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 21:09

rename the 8050-L044.xml file to 8050-L049.xml

open the 8050-L049.xml file in notepad and look for the line <language id="44"> it's near the top, change it to <language id="49"> and it should sort the laguage problem

Gundus#

Great

Post by Gundus# » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 18:27

Hi!

Thanks a lot. It's working. 8)

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 05:54

About to start X3TC, so I'm looking for mods and happened to come across this one.

I have an idea/question.
The X-Universe, as good as it is, has always seemed distinctly... well, flat to me. Two-dimensional. And it's easy to see why, just have a look at any map and you see that sectors are only connected with NSWE gates.

However, since I read here that sectors can support a maximum of six jumpgates, would it not be possible to use a script that destroys existing jumpgates and makes new ones to reorganize the universe in a 3D fashion?

If it was done with some thought, i.e. not just by linking sectors at random, the AI should adapt to the existing paths and gameplay shouldn't be broken, but the universe would become a lot more interesting.

Has anyone ever tried this, or is anyone interested in trying?
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 18:30

File not available?
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

X1000

Post by X1000 » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 04:55

Jeraal wrote:File not available?
Same here. :?

Gilliganxl

Post by Gilliganxl » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 22:49

does anyone have the file that they can send me cuz his link isnt working.

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 04:13

myself as well, If anyone has it.

Thanks

Gridd

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”