[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 12:27

That sounds like the old version.

Download the standalone CBeam spk and install that and see if it makes a difference.

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 02:57

hey apricot, this mod caught my attention after reading through your guides (good read btw) and it really appeals to me, like someone mentioned above, there are no instructions on how to install/activate the mod.

i extracted the zip to the /EGOSOFT/x3tc folder and started up a new game (v1.4) as an argon patriot, but i looked around the shipyards and cant find any of your ships or software in the equiptment docks.

sorry for being a newb at modding but is there anything i must activate to get it running?

thanks in advance

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 03:08

Nothing to activate.

You did select the mod in the jump off screen before starting the new game ? And you do have the script editor turned on ?

If the mod is installed properly and selected, the argon patriot start should have you in a Gunbus when the game starts. If not, theres a problem.

If problem, check that the unzip went into the right place. Under your TC directory, you should have scripts, t and director directories, and in the scripts directory there should be a heap of scripts with Apricot in the name. The director directory btw is not usually there in the vanilla game.

If for some reason the unzip didnt put them in the right place (which might happen if you used a non-standard TC directory name for example), then move the directories to the TC directory. Then start the game again.

If you are in the gunbus, then the mods active, but the ships may not appear in the shipyards until after you save and load a save game from that start. Just something the script editor does, as it doesnt always do things immediately on a game start.

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 10:54

my apoligies, when i extracted to zip i didnt check if files went to the correct folders, it didnt but have now fixed that and happy to report i get all ships and scripts running when i start argon partriot start.
atm im just setting up hotkeys and trying to figure out which ship is best for what, also whats the easiest way of changing ships if you want to change into a ship that is docked on the carrier? i noticed i cannot do much if i switch into a docked ship, due to your compression software :)

thanks for the fast reply too!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 11:06

Beam the ship you want to change to off the carrier, then transport over to it.

Only a fighter can be changed into on an M1, because it can actually launch, the rest have to be beamed off first.

Trying to beam off your own ship is not recommended :)

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 11:09

thanks apricot your the man!

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 12:34

sorry for the bother here apricot but i'm slightly curious on the roles of your ships, for example

Camel and Gunbus, both m6's with 20k cargo, other than that whats the difference between them apart from turret placement?

i guess they'd make great ST/UT's but im also thinking they could be an uber m3 and use as a personal ship...

Mule.. with 5k cargo im pretty sure this would be used like a small TS, a supply ship so to speak?

on to carriers...
the BigMother m1 and BattleCarrier m2 are obviously the main battlefleet carriers and be used when invading hostile sectors, so is the MiniCar used a quick jump in -> deploy more troops -> jump out type of ship?

any chance you could give a short description on each of your ships as you intended them to be? it would be a massive help.

i personally like to get involved in the dogfights as i have a decent (not uber) PC, apart from the BIG sector fights where a m1/m2 is neccesary, im trying to figure out which would be best as my personal ship.

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 13:14

Camel and Gunbus were originally Heavy Transports, no real difference between except that after I did the Gunbus, someone requested turrents on top instead, so I did the Camel.

Their main role was envisioned as being UT's, but they also make very good station supply ships.

Until the M7 class came along, the Gunbus was my personal M3 replacement.

The Mule was in answer to TS's no longer being able to dock on cap ships, and their main role is ecell replacement, and gun and ammo movement. But its also a good starting off ship for those who need more shields and better guns early on but dont want to go direct to a bigger ship. Its limited in its offensive role by only having 4 guns, which even if you load PPC's, isnt all that effective against anything big.

I did the MiniCar just to see how they would fit in, for those not starting with an M1 or TL, but needing carrier capability. Dont use it myself after testing it.

I generally fly the M7 as my personal fighter. Although I used the M2 for most of the fury missions.

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 18:18

apricotslice wrote:Its limited in its offensive role by only having 4 guns, which even if you load PPC's, isnt all that effective against anything big.
i used a single mule to kill a xenon Q 1v1 rawr! took like 3/4 seconds of rmb action!

thanks for the info there mate, ive not really moved the m1/m2 ships yet, put both m6's on sector trading and been switching between the mule and m7 for the terran plots with the minicar beaming in all the caps, think im gonna just use the minicar for wep/missile storage as the 20 ship limit it can carry isnt cutting it with all the caps im getting.

great mod so far!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 23:58

Thats the whole idea, use it how it works for you :)

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 18:07

Thanks AS been looking for this for something like this for awhile. I just wish I could edit ships to lol.

JCanning
x3tc

Post by JCanning » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 18:29

stealthhammer wrote:Thanks AS been looking for this for something like this for awhile. I just wish I could edit ships to lol.
Oh but you can. Get Doubleshadow's X3 editor. Personally I changed the Apricot Hyper to an M6 so it could dock easier and am contemplating changing the model and loadouts for the M1, as it kept getting it's but kicked in the game I ended last week.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 19:03

Ya, I got the white star, cant member who made it, but I wanna change it to have higher recharge and cargo load. White star is in a cat and dat file been messing with them for the better part of the day and got a modding head ach now. Still no closer to changing it then I was when I went to bed.

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 13:22

hey apricot!
i noticed i already had a hq on board the masterdon, meaning 2 possible PHQ's, i think this is awsome as i can use 1 for storage/selling which will be placed in the xenon hub (with all the traffic i get) and 1 for capped ships/outfitting, then i noticed the PHQ only has 500k storage space! thats the same as the masterdon! (and i have 2 TL's holding ore and need some space as im doing the HUB plot honestly).

i read that theres a PHQ storage expansion that makes it to 50m (ahh thats more like it) but i cant find it in the modding area....

any chance you can point me in the right direction please? and will it conflict with scripts in your mod?

love your mod btw, having lots more fun than the vanilla, i even boarded my first ship last night using the good ol' m7, a Yaki M1! sweeeet!

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 14:43

hmmm, i re-read this whole thread and the mod is supposed to have PHQ extension, yet i only get 500k, my latest save is from where im about to drop the PHQ. so theres no issue with regards to extending a PHQ thats already down.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 14:48

There should be an 07.cat/dat in the zip. It needs to be the last number in your TC directory, so you may need to rename them.

If not there, download the phq file and unpack into the TC directory. If you have an 07 already, then unpack it somewhere temp, rename and copy.

You must do this before you drop an HQ, or it wont be used.

HookedOnX3
x3tc

Post by HookedOnX3 » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 20:49

I had the 07 cat/dat in between 2 and 3, moved to after 6 and ive now got 50mil cargo.

Thanks Apricot, your a star!

Mike Hooper
x2

Applying Mods

Post by Mike Hooper » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 01:55

Hi everyone, I'm new around here.
edit LV you signed up in 2004 :o :)

Please post questions for topics in that topic: merged ;)

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]

-----

I've got X3TC v1.4 and, realizing the game's a bit of a slow starter, have downloaded your amazing (but rather long!) manual and also the AMS Mod V.1. Unfortunately I have not been able to apply it as I have not yet seen the instruction on how to do so. I tried unzipping straight to the program folder and that didn't work, then I added a "mods" folder and sent it to that and that didn't work either. I have fiddled around with the folders but so far haven't hit on the right combination. I have succeeded in getting the "Select Mod" on the first screen to light up occasionally but then the game proceeded as normal. I get the feelimg that I have missed somethjing obvious but can't think what it is. Can someone point me in the right direction, please.

Cheers
Mike

StormRazor52
xr

Post by StormRazor52 » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 01:56

Hey Apricotslice, I am running into a problem with your combined mod, v1. when I jump into the battlecrusier I can't land any ships on it. It indicates there is docking for 50 but no docking commands come up in the menu's. any way you can tell me how to fix this. thanks for you time your scripts are great. Oh sorry not combined but merged-Mod thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 02:00

The M2 doesnt have a docking port in the design, so its impossible to dock a ship normally.

You have to use beamdock to get them on or off. And never jump into a ship from the M2, always beam it out first, then beam accross to it. And vise versa, beam back to the M2, then beamdock the ship.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”