[Bonus Plugin] Cartel Capture Passengers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[Bonus Plugin] Cartel Capture Passengers

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 5. Oct 07, 03:15

Name: Cartel Capture Passengers
Version: 2.0
Date: 1.8.2007
Scripter: Cartel Inc.

Usage:

Capture Passengers Command
The capture passengers command requires at least one unit of Hand weapons or Pirate Sidearms on-board the ship. Running the command will simply change any Passengers or VIP's on-board into slaves. Some of the will inevitably resist and will have to be shot.

Release Slaves Command
This command allows any slaves in the cargo bay to walk free. A small increase in reputation with the local authorities is usual for such good deeds.

Wondering where to buy the hand weapons or sidearms? The sale of these items is restricted, but you can often find someone requiring a transport pilot to move these sorts of items. Just do what a pirate does best.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 17. Oct 07, 15:06

Release ...

My helmsman accidentally used that word when we did a delivery to a Rastar Refinery. I swiftly kicked him in best possible Split manner and shouted "Donation to the Family". Close save. :split: Of course those poor souls will "walk free", when the station manager kindly unlocks their shackles. :twisted:

Nasty or Nice, there should now be less questions about what options there are for bailed suits or bitching tourists. 8)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Wed, 17. Oct 07, 17:14

i like the cycrow version myself just because you dont really need a gun, you can just tell them they will be vented into space if they complain :P
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 15:44

bob hope wrote:i like the cycrow version myself just because you dont really need a gun, you can just tell them they will be vented into space if they complain :P
makes sense, but less epic.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 00:12

Is this purchased like Cartel Shield Hacker (placed in unique pirate base every load?)

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 01:07

no software needed. The release slaves is available whenever you have slaves in the cargobay

The Capture Passengers command requires Hand Weapons or Pirate Sidearms which can only be acquired by stealing them from delivery missions.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 03:20

Oh, I see. Just adds functionality ;)

GrastDK
xr

Post by GrastDK » Wed, 9. Jul 08, 16:20

im still confused... i dont get any delivery missions where i can steal a sidearm og handweapon.. i got a lot of VIP passengers, but i just cant transfere them into slaves

any other way to get the sidearm/handweapon?
/Grast out

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Bonus Plugin Cartel Release Slaves - Really Quick Fix

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 18:01

If you are kindhearted and use the Bonus Pack Cartel Capture Personnel command to release slaves at friendly stations (rather than sell them at Pirate stations), you may have wondered why the small rep increase promised never seems to add to anything. It is indeed bugged, but you can fix this quickly in-game with the embedded script editor IF you have enabled it.

The problem is that in the script plugin.cartel-cp.release.cmd at line 020 where the rep increase is given, the declared variables $race and $PLAYER have been transposed. It should be $race before and $PLAYER after the command. Use the script editor to swap them over, save it, reinitialise script cache and start enjoying those rep rewards for your altruism!

RedDevilCG

Post by RedDevilCG » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 05:31

Has the original download been fixed yet, or do we still need to fix it ourself for the rep bug?

parameter
x3tc

Cartel Capture - Release slaves, gain rep increase?

Post by parameter » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 09:24

Hi peeps! I have downloaded the Cartel Capture mod but cannot find the bit that allows you to release the Slaves and get a rep increase. Let alone find the 'Release Slaves' command with no rep increase! :oops: :(
I am sure one or more of you wizards will be able to help me so thanks in advance..!
:)
veneratio supernus omni

Joshuabr
x3

Post by Joshuabr » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 22:39

IIRC you must land at a station and go into your ship menu, i think it's under piracy or special, and select release slaves.

parameter
x3tc

Releasing slaves!

Post by parameter » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 23:45

Thanks Joshuabr! You are right! I have looked for that as it was what I had to do originally but there is nothing available. I have one or two command slots with alphanumeric titling but no proper description. I have reloaded and re-modded so many times I feel like playing Eve online....! :o :shock: :oops: :D
I have resorted to collecting pilots, loading them in spare M5 and scrapping ship at shipyard. Hopefully the crusher crew check the storage compartments first! :roll:
:lol:
veneratio supernus omni

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 20:33

Since Cartel Capture is a Bonuspack script, it is odd that you have conflict. Either you are not using the BP version (making conflict more probable) or you have corrupted (language?) files.

*** Merged to the Cartel thread ***

parameter
x3tc

Cartel Capture v Bonus Pack

Post by parameter » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 00:58

Hello there! I only have Mac version X3:TR + BG v2.0.2.
As there is no bonus pack for the Mac version I have used Cycrows spktool to split out some spk's in order to use the Script and T parts. Had hoped some kind soul at Egosoft, and/or Forums, might make life easier for us Mac types by providing a link :roll: :oops: to parts that were distributed by exe to pc then rounded up as seperate Script and T folders for us to download. :shock: 8)

Anyhoo! That is my predicament especially as a lot of X3:TR mods are no longer on active links.
veneratio supernus omni

LAW-11
x3ap

Post by LAW-11 » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 01:20

:? Need Help :? I have a balancing issue. Shouldn't I get rep points with the Goners since I'm “Combating Slavery” and forgiving a “Heathen” for his past offences, just a thought? I barely get rep points with them as it is and my use of the CSH will soon become obsolete if I want TD’s in the future. I’m still playing X3R (need a new system for my TC) and would like to change the rep points “from” (see, I’m not that greedy) sector race to rep points with Goners when I release a slave… umm I mean a repented soul that has been “Saved” :P . Any help will be appreciated :x3:
The Few, The Proud, The Marines; continuously providing those of foreign nations the opportunity to die for their country

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”